Sponsored by:

Apple CarPlay steering wheel next track button does not work

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 10:22 AM
minthral
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Apple CarPlay steering wheel next track button does not work

Despite being configured correctly, the button simply doesn't work. It does nothing when it's supposed to skip to next track. The PCM buttons above the volume **** work or you can use the touch screen, both of which are quite ergonomically easy to do while driving. You'd think that since the PCM physical buttons work, the steering wheel button would too because they serve the same function.

I can't find any details on this. Anyone know if a fix is planned? Sounds like a Porsche software defect to me. Going to see what the dealer says next week...hopefully an update can fix it. Skipping tracks easily is the only reason I'd want the multifunctional wheel, otherwise those buttons are excessive and clutter the look.

Also, speed limit info no longer shows in instrument cluster. It only shows in PCM map and there is no option to let it display in the multi functional display like the previous generation. Getting connect plus setup to see if that helps (which is a real confusing pain btw). Dealer will activate it next week.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Same for me. And it was the same on my C7 Corvette so I don't believe CarPlay was ever designed to work with the steering wheel controls except for the volume and talk buttons.

Last edited by Mr. Big; 06-21-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:21 PM
sp1ke4
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. Steering wheel control only works when playing music from the native Bluetooth thru pcm.

I do have other cars where steering wheel controls work with CarPlay so it must be a Porsche software issue. Hoping an update will fix at some point.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:50 PM
caritch
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll try my 911 later - don't use it much. But I know they work on my daughters vw GTI. She was using it when I was in the car the other day. I specifically asked about it. It's one of her favorite features.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:48 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Porsche decided to implement CarPlay this way....steering wheel controls, except volume and mute, don’t work. Steering wheel controls work just fine with Honda vehicles and apparently VW, so it can’t be an Apple thing, has to be a car manufacturer thing.

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay steering wheel next track button does not work