What does it take for 991.2 GTS to Match GT3 - Page 7 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

What does it take for 991.2 GTS to Match GT3

Notices
Sponsored by:

What does it take for 991.2 GTS to Match GT3

Old 06-18-2018, 08:41 PM
LavaGTS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver View Post
I am sure that the GTS is more than capable and in fact in certain tests is faster 0-60 than the GT3, however there are not many GT3 drivers that care much about 0-60 times. What you will never experience is managing the torque that the GT3 creates in the 6k-9k range. It's is very similar to that of the 3.4L 991's talk about, they live above 6k rpm and love it to death. I know, I owned 2 of them. In the end, it does not matter. All that matters is that the car you acquire meets your needs, expectation and leaves you feeling very happy to drive it.
How does one manage torque in a GT2RS?
Old 06-18-2018, 08:57 PM
K-A
User

I am sure that the GTS is more than capable and in fact in certain tests is faster 0-60 than the GT3, however there are not many GT3 drivers that care much about 0-60 times. What you will never experience is managing the torque that the GT3 creates in the 6k-9k range. It's is very similar to that of the 3.4L 991's talk about, they live above 6k rpm and love it to death. I know, I owned 2 of them. In the end, it does not matter. All that matters is that the car you acquire meets your needs, expectation and leaves you feeling very happy to drive it.
Yup. Perfectly said.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:59 PM
LavaGTS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0 View Post
Thanks NINO, A picture says a thousand words to me. I was wondering how that integrated into the Elephant racing Front control arm. The pic told me. I was looking at getting the Anti-Dive/Anti Squat one that connects into it, but I see how the stock one does as well. Good job. Is that your car? I will do the camber plates as well. Quite a few nice elephant racing bits. Even tastier than the GT3 secret sauce lol, as a GT3 can upgrade to these as well.

I believe I am a slightly better driver than my friend. He has a Manual GT3, and I have a PDK GTS. I have done plenty of driving courses. It was more about hardware. I won't upset anyone anymore, I will keep my mods to my self.
Just PM me if you want to know.
Not my car but that's installed on a base .2 I believe. The guy who has them done is extremely satisfied.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:39 PM
991carreradriver
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LavaGTS View Post
How does one manage torque in a GT2RS?
Clearly above my pay grade, never drove one and probably never will!
Old 06-19-2018, 02:40 AM
groundhog
User

One can equally point out that one will never experience 550Nm/405 ft lb of torque and equally those owners may enjoy that experience. The point is people enjoy what moves them and buy accordingly.

Keep in mind the GTS makes more power than the GT3 over nearly 6000 RPM whereas the GT3 makes more power than the GTS only over 2000 RPM. That is why the GTS is so potent and thats why in a sprint scenario the car with the better driver will come out on top (as I pointed out previously).

"All that matters is that the car you acquire meets your needs, expectation and leaves you feeling very happy to drive it" - agreed .

Last edited by groundhog; 06-19-2018 at 03:19 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:02 AM
Dewinator
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
One can equally point out that one will never experience 550Nm/405 ft lb of torque and equally those owners may enjoy that experience. The point is people enjoy what moves them and buy accordingly.
Well Iíve driven the Z06 so Iíve experienced 650 ft lb... same same just what moves you.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:21 AM
groundhog
User

Originally Posted by Dewinator View Post
Well Iíve driven the Z06 so Iíve experienced 650 ft lb... same same just what moves you.
Agreed

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: