Which panels to PPF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 03:28 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 698 Likes on 366 Posts

Very simple question...if you were to notice a chip, scrape, dent that chips paint, etc. on the panel, would it bother you?

If answer is yes, then that panel should be protected.

I would also highly recommend headlights as they get hammered.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:01 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Also suggest the roof going 6” back from wind shield. If you have a sun roof then do both front and back on each side of the sun roof as that gloss black plastic scratches if you look at it. I also did th gloss black piece above the motor grill insert. Gonna get the doors done too. As I full front end, headlights, rockers, extended infront of rear wheels coming up to the height of the door handles. I guess I could get a chip on near the rear deck section, but I am s would be unlikely. Now thinking of the rear wing too as on the freeway any rock coming over the top will hit it.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:39 PM
JR1946
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Added XPEL ULTIMATE, Paint Protection Film
Full front (front bumper, full hood, full fenders, mirrors & headlights), + rocker panels + front & behind the rear wheels, door cups, & windshield pillars.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:45 PM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had paint film intake on 3 Porsches. There first 2 had 3M and seams collected dust and there were imperfections in the film (read orange peel AND stretch marks in places ). I had my current 4 GTS entirely covered in Xpel and there is a world of difference. You cannot tell there is any film on the car !! Clarity and lack of imperfections in the film make this the unbeatable choice. In addition, tis film is self healing. Should you receive a minor scratch, it will self heal over time........No more fretting over waxing and polishing for me !! I just returned from a 1200 mile road trip and the car was filthy with bugs, dust and dirt. All were cleaned off the car with ease and car looks show room condition after 12,000 miles on the odo.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:28 AM
ducstar
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards a full wrap.

Quick Reply: Which panels to PPF?