Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO 2013 C2S, 6800 miles, 2 owners Opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 12:07 AM
minthral
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Bought a loaded 2017 C4S from a member here. See my post asking for recommendations from owners for other details.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:11 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by minthral
Bought a loaded 2017 C4S from a member here. See my post asking for recommendations from owners for other details.

Pictures or it didn't happen. Was the listing in the classifieds here?? Details my friend.

How did you get it CPO'd then??

You have no problems giving unsolicited advice but are very stingy when asked questions
Old 06-12-2018, 12:38 AM
rcristobal
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

When I was shopping for a used car, I was looking for a CPO. Porsche dealership can CPO as many times but it only adds additional +2 years from warranty start date which is when the vehicle was first purchase so 6 years total from start date. CPO warranty is valid only through sale from Porsche dealership or private party. If it has gone through a 3rd party dealership all CPO are voided.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:46 AM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

The only point I can add here. When I was thinking about trading in my 09 Targa(w/43k miles), my dealer was going to ding me for have the 40k service done at a indie. No mention of some(~30%) of the oil changes done at same indie. Claimed they would have to "redo" the 40k at the shop to have it CPO'd. At the time, i thought he was just BS me just to low ball my trade in, and had no intention of CPO'ing the car.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:04 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Holy crap, almost 10 pages already, and STG is posting memes into the wee late hours.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:29 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Holy crap, almost 10 pages already, and STG is posting memes into the wee late hours.
Yup. I am in Name:  photo715.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  217.5 KB
Old 06-12-2018, 10:47 AM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

My only .02 to the OP would be to buy the car YOU want. Year, color, options, miles, everything that makes the perfect car for YOU and not the next owner or thinking about re-sale. All of these have depreciated a fair chunk from new so you're already getting in at a serious discount as we should all be thankful for that. Secondly, I'll never understand those who end up finding THE perfect car for them and then balk over a few thousand dollars. Absolutely no one NEEDS a 911 so this is an emotional purchase far more than an economical one. (ie: If you can come up with $75k for a toy you can surely come up with $78k for one that ticks all your boxes)

Perhaps not the case here but I often get the impression some folks want a 'deal' more than they want 'the car.'

Happy hunting!
Old 06-12-2018, 12:22 PM
mreloc
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Check page 3

https://www.porsche.com/filestore.as...letype=default

All manufacturer-recommended scheduled maintenance
has been done by an Authorized Porsche dealer.
The fly in this ointment is that Porsche dealers do not maintain service records in a system that is accessible by other Porsche dealers to verify this... even if they are owned by the same conglomerate. I just experienced this when I took my newly acquired 991.2 from the dealer I purchased it from in Monterrey to my preferred dealer in Los Angeles. Both dealerships are under common ownership- however my LA dealership was unable to retrieve the car's service history from their sister dealership. Also, if you notice, (at least in my 2017 Maintenance Book) there are no longer the pages designated for a dealer stamp, so my maintenance book wasn't stamped by the servicing dealer in Monterrey, either. I guess we'd have to dig into defining what an "Authorized" Porsche dealership really is within this context.

I'm not an attorney, but I believe the Law provides that an individual is not bound to service their vehicle at a given dealership to maintain the integrity of a warranty (so I doubt it would disqualify it for CPO eligibility) and that service performed by an indie, or by an individual would be upheld as legitimate as long as service records are maintained.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:17 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I would think Porsche could set their own rules for what's required to CPO a car, since it isn't really just an extended warranty.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:27 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by mreloc
The fly in this ointment is that Porsche dealers do not maintain service records in a system that is accessible by other Porsche dealers to verify this... even if they are owned by the same conglomerate. I just experienced this when I took my newly acquired 991.2 from the dealer I purchased it from in Monterrey to my preferred dealer in Los Angeles. Both dealerships are under common ownership- however my LA dealership was unable to retrieve the car's service history from their sister dealership. Also, if you notice, (at least in my 2017 Maintenance Book) there are no longer the pages designated for a dealer stamp, so my maintenance book wasn't stamped by the servicing dealer in Monterrey, either. I guess we'd have to dig into defining what an "Authorized" Porsche dealership really is within this context.

I'm not an attorney, but I believe the Law provides that an individual is not bound to service their vehicle at a given dealership to maintain the integrity of a warranty (so I doubt it would disqualify it for CPO eligibility) and that service performed by an indie, or by an individual would be upheld as legitimate as long as service records are maintained.

All great points and all TRUE. Impossible to verify. Just sounds good for marketing material.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:30 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
I would think Porsche could set their own rules for what's required to CPO a car, since it isn't really just an extended warranty.
Could, yes. In reality, does this need to be taken into account to people to prevent loss of value due to their cars not being able to be CPO'd due to an oil change being done by themselves? NO.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,957 Likes on 2,038 Posts

75 for the paint meter is probably 7.5 mills. As long as it reads that same depth across all panels that is fine. 75 microns would be very low for a new Porsche and you could not polish it. But I would want to see the meter readings panel for panel. Typically there is a mill difference across panels. For it to read exactly 7.5 across everything would be strange.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:18 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Did the OP even buy the car? Geez this is a long thread...and I am out of popcorn!
Old 06-13-2018, 01:27 AM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Did the OP even buy the car? Geez this is a long thread...and I am out of popcorn!
yes I did today. I will post pics and details in a different thread. This thread self destructed.

Quick Reply: CPO 2013 C2S, 6800 miles, 2 owners Opinions please.