Sponsored by:

Buying my First Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 12:10 AM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Wasn't it the Dude* who said, "That rug really tied the room together"? Change the dials to black, the belts to silver, the model to GTS, add Sport, and ditch the sunroof. Thank me next year when you realize how tired you are not getting of looking at that yellow dial.

*And Walter. And Donny.
I don’t understand your comment at all. Tired of not look at yellow dial? Does that mean I wish it was yellow?

my last car had a yellow tach. Never was tired of it.

Why black dials and silver belts?

cant get. 4GTS. But I can build a 4S the same way.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:19 AM
good2go
Pro

Originally Posted by chuck911
Wasn't it the Dude* who said, "That rug really tied the room together"? Change the dials to black, the belts to silver, the model to GTS, add Sport, and ditch the sunroof. Thank me next year when you realize how tired you are not getting of looking at that yellow dial.

*And Walter. And Donny.
I see you have posted a lot, I respect your knowledge.

I have already ditched the sun roof.
I can't get a 4GTS allocation (supposedly there is only one in US)
Now I'm questioning yellow dials and belts. - My last car had yellow tach, but the other dial was black and LCD. I like the contrast tach.

You think there is just too much yellow with all the dials? All black looks a little boring.

You think yellow seat belts are just too loud?

I saw a 4GTS with yellow belts and GT Silver stitching and it look very nice, but I'm only seeing for short time.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:37 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Your choice of the PowerKit is smart. Proven. Integrated. Warranty.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:39 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by good2go
Don't be fooled. Chuck911 has never driven a 991. He only posts about them on RL. His post count is mainly driven about BitCoin.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:45 AM
good2go
Pro

Originally Posted by LexVan
Don't be fooled. Chuck911 has never driven a 991. He only posts about them on RL.
I can't tell if you are joking or serious.

My order is in and looking at any fine tuning to looks.

I think I have a nice build and think I will be very happy.

I will drive this car all year round and I live in MN. I will track 2 to 3 times a year.

I think the build is pretty awesome. Post here to double check. All recommendations are appreciated. I have a lot to learn about Porsche.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:47 AM
LexVan
Banned

I can't tell if you are joking or serious.
He's never driven a 991.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

I have already ditched the sun roof.
I can't get a 4GTS allocation (supposedly there is only one in US)
Now I'm questioning yellow dials and belts. - My last car had yellow tach, but the other dial was black and LCD. I like the contrast tach.

You think there is just too much yellow with all the dials? All black looks a little boring.

You think yellow seat belts are just too loud?

I saw a 4GTS with yellow belts and GT Silver stitching and it look very nice, but I'm only seeing for short time.
I had yellow dials and yellow seatbelts (with a black interior) on my previous (black) 991 (with PCCBs). It really added a splash of color to an all-black interior (w/ CF trim). If you are going yellow, I would go all the way, all the gauges, SC, and seat belts. I had more positive comments about the yellow than I imagined. I didn't think I would like the yellow but it really grew on me.

The only thing that I would hesitate on would be the GT silver stitching with the yellow. I would go with black (non-deviated) or perhaps yellow deviated stitching (which would look GREAT).

At the end of the day, you have to spec it the way you want it and not what others want. I am sure it will look fantastic! Post pics when you get it. Your build is awesome!
Old 06-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i don’t think the yellow needs to match. My last car yellow breaks did not match yellow hub caps, did not match yellow tach, did not match yellow shield.
Most people refuse to get PCCBs due to clashing SY and RY, but instead contrasting RY w/ red irons. If it doesn't bother you I think the CXX is a nice touch.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Your build looks awesome, if it is exactly what you want and like, go for it and don't worry too much whether others like it or not. I would go with the GTS personally, but if it's not available, it's a moot point, and your car will be very similar in any case.

You would not believe how many people (and most of them not even particularly Porsche fans) have commented on how classy my yellow seat belts look matched to my PCCBs on Meteor Gray Metallic exterior with Espresso interior.

Quick Reply: Buying my First Porsche