Old 05-24-2018, 04:16 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts
Arrow Porsche 991.2 Cobb Tuning Accessport Details and Information Inside

Hello ladies and gents,

Well we have all been anxiously awaiting the Cobb Accessport for the 991.2 generation of Porsche cars. This has been a long process of testing and development which is finally coming to an end. After great support and success with By Design and Cobb Tuning collaborating on previous Porsche platforms, I’m proud to be working closely with the team again. We have several test cars calibrated and on the road soak testing. This includes the complete Carrera line, 718 line and TT/TTS! Different stages, different fuels and octanes all tested. We have been and continue testing the product and logistics getting ready for release. We can finally start to share information, answer questions, talk about details and share excitement for the AP coming to the .2!

There will be very organized logistics in place for sending your ECU in to have it unlocked and sent back with an access port ready to go. From that point forward you will be able to do everything this tool is known for including data logging, custom tuning and much more. The initial unlock must be performed by hand and the process is designed to have a very quick turnaround with overnight shipping back-and-forth. There will be tracking and a dedicated team to get the process handled promptly and securely.

Gaines have been very impressive. Better than we actually thought even as we hit the homestretch and prepare to launch this summer! Finally! Was it worth the wait? Heck yeah! Stay tuned here for more exciting news, details, Dyno graphs and answers to any questions you all might have. Feel free to reach out anytime and we look forward to putting a lot of smiles on a lot of faces out there!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 05-24-2018, 04:35 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts

For locals, will you have a drive in service option?
Old 05-24-2018, 05:00 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Please:
  • Breakdown gains and difference between BASE, S, 4S, AND GTS.. How much are we increasing boost by?
  • Tell us what type of OTS maps were getting (91, 93/95, 100, E85 etc)
  • Will we still have OBD scan tool capabilities?
  • Have you figured out how much power we can safely put down without blowing something?
Old 05-24-2018, 05:56 PM
phx991
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

warranty?
Old 05-24-2018, 09:26 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by arter
For locals, will you have a drive in service option?
We and many other dealers can help you out yes. Feel free to reach out!

Originally Posted by Nino
Please:
  • Breakdown gains and difference between BASE, S, 4S, AND GTS.. How much are we increasing boost by?...This data is all being sorted and prepped for release. We are seeing very solid gaines from a minimum of about 60 wheel to over 130 on some cars!
  • Tell us what type of OTS maps were getting (91, 93/95, 100, E85 etc)...All the usual octanes and stage 1-2 on most models. We are testing E85 as well and at least on the TT cars it's looking pretty good with pure E85! Getting the AP's ready for everyone is first.
  • Will we still have OBD scan tool capabilities?...Yes and logging and new features as well for end user to tuners. Details coming
  • Have you figured out how much power we can safely put down without blowing something?...There are some pretty interesting things in the works from some familiar names like AMS, By Design and TiAL that will give us the chance to see. So far BIG #'s stay tuned!
  • Breakdown gains and difference between BASE, S, 4S, AND GTS.. How much are we increasing boost by?...This data is all being sorted and prepped for release. We are seeing very solid gaines from a minimum of about 60 wheel to over 130 on some cars!
  • Tell us what type of OTS maps were getting (91, 93/95, 100, E85 etc)...All the usual octanes and stage 1-2 on most models. We are testing E85 as well and at least on the TT cars it's looking pretty good with pure E85! Getting the AP's ready for everyone is first.
  • Will we still have OBD scan tool capabilities?...Yes and logging and new features as well for end user to tuners. Details coming
  • Have you figured out how much power we can safely put down without blowing something?...There are some pretty interesting things in the works from some familiar names like AMS, By Design and TiAL that will give us the chance to see. I am proud to be bringing By Design Stage 3 and 4 to the .2 line with the team an tenacious as ever! So far BIG #'s stay tuned!
Originally Posted by phx991
warranty?
For now we are looking just like the 991.1 set-up where everything can be un-installed and go back to the way it was before tuning and we have had no major issues after thousands of cars. It gets complicated what exactly is possible and what is not but with all that is in place and the proven track record it is a minimal risk.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:41 PM
Gonzalo38
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Any plans for International shipping ?
Old 05-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Boba_kz
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Catless map for Carrera S?

Price?
Old 05-25-2018, 12:22 PM
Boba_kz
Instructor

When you will bring us dyno reports?
Old 05-25-2018, 01:33 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Absolutely on the international transactions! Feel free to reach out anytime I can put you on my personal list. But I will keep everyone well-informed. Some colors we might be able to start the ECU unlock soon just let me know.

There will be stage one maps included at first which have done pretty well. When the Pro-Tuning softwareIs officially released myself and other dealers/tuners will be able to customize anything for you including cars used for motorsport that have different exhaust systems on them

we spent several months on this so if you can imagine there’s hundreds of plots and bits of data. We picked up about 100 to the wheels for example funny career at S which sits right in the middle of the line. This is my friends car the red one which we put our catted Kline Exhaust on and Intercoolers. These numbers are average to average and he absolutely loves it! Car is a beast and smooth as silk. Enjoy…

Old 05-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Boba_kz
Instructor

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Absolutely on the international transactions! Feel free to reach out anytime I can put you on my personal list. But I will keep everyone well-informed. Some colors we might be able to start the ECU unlock soon just let me know.

There will be stage one maps included at first which have done pretty well. When the Pro-Tuning softwareIs officially released myself and other dealers/tuners will be able to customize anything for you including cars used for motorsport that have different exhaust systems on them

we spent several months on this so if you can imagine there’s hundreds of plots and bits of data. We picked up about 100 to the wheels for example funny career at S which sits right in the middle of the line. This is my friends car the red one which we put our catted Kline Exhaust on and Intercoolers. These numbers are average to average and he absolutely loves it! Car is a beast and smooth as silk. Enjoy…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS09vbtWrIc
Run 2 - is stock?
Old 05-25-2018, 02:41 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS09vbtWrIc
Thanks for the info.

No catalysts on the car above? Was that the configuration for the dyno runs?
Old 05-25-2018, 03:38 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Run 2 is stock yes. We later installed HJS Motorsports 100 cel cats and finished up. Months of testing if you can imagine. 8 models, 3 flues, several stages and moving cars/parts around! We put the beautiful carbon tips and 100cel cats on at final.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:29 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Was that on 91 octane gas?
The car above is AWD, would RWD put down more power?
What kind of dyno?
How much boost was the car pushing?
Old 05-25-2018, 04:31 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Putting it all in the official post gentleman. Ethanol testing is next but let’s just say we know that the TT and TTS like it. The main thing is to get the product out with all the basics. On the Cobb tuned GTS we are seeing more power power to the wheels than a stock TTS!
What kind of work done to the GTS? I'm extremely curious because I have a GTS!! Can you share some power figures?
Old 05-25-2018, 05:21 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

91 pump gas
AWD Mustang Dyno in DynoJet mode (for comparison nationwide)
This car is a Carrera 4S

The GTS picks up about 100 to the wheels And even more with hardware and customization.

Quick Reply: Porsche 991.2 Cobb Tuning Accessport Details and Information Inside