Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Bye plantation shutters ! (new grille)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Oh, I spotted it. Actually noticed it as you drove by Sonnen one day. I think I was there to drop off my GT4—it definitely made me smile.

As for "Fuchs," which ones? Your car is a narrow car, right? We need the factory (or someone) to make an NB version of the 911-50 rear wheels—preferably like those on the "F22.2" concept. And, if they finished the centers in all gray like the current RS Spyder Design wheels—so that those mono crests could be used—well, that'd be pretty neat. And allow others to paint the centers as they please.
Well thanks for that.. I had no idea those anniversary fuchs-like wheels would not work on my car - not that I was planning on buying them for that kind of money, but I had no clue. Now I can file that under "not a problem anymore".
Yes my car is a base so narrow body (kinda of amusing that those curves are a "narrow" body if like me you've owned a slab sides SWB 912)... I'd love a set of fuchs like wheels for this car that doesn't cost $8000 ! Honestly if they would just release something like the original Cayman wheels (below) in 19" or 20", I can "fuchs-ize" them to suit my purpose with some judicous application of taping and black paint...

My old 987S
Old 05-21-2018, 12:21 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Big
I like your 2002. Is it a Tii?
Thank you... No, not a tii, but it might as well be power wise... Except for collectability - it's my specialy to buy the wrong model of the line (base 02, 911T, base 991 ;-)... 73 roundie... Used to have more rust than metal...
It's got EFI using bits from I think a 318/320i (?) and a DTA computer to run it... It's been like that for 10 years and I've had to retune it *once* when we moved back to Cali and its crap low octane gas. perfect starts, always runs, more torque, more power... Super reliable... Also LSD from a later E30 car, 5 speed, tropical radiator, Recaros, Euro rear bumpers, it's a go kart. I am embarrassed to say that I enjoy it more than my 911T these days. Combo of lower price, everyday usability with less worries, and smiles per mile (mine and people smiling at it)...

Old 05-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Zekiel
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not it to encourage you but, you have seen the clone wheels on the 'bay for like 1300 or so right? Search 20" felgen porsche wheels, they come right up. Unless of course everything must be OEM....ignore....

Originally Posted by Greg D.
Well thanks for that.. I had no idea those anniversary fuchs-like wheels would not work on my car - not that I was planning on buying them for that kind of money, but I had no clue. Now I can file that under "not a problem anymore".
Yes my car is a base so narrow body (kinda of amusing that those curves are a "narrow" body if like me you've owned a slab sides SWB 912)... I'd love a set of fuchs like wheels for this car that doesn't cost $8000 ! Honestly if they would just release something like the original Cayman wheels (below) in 19" or 20", I can "fuchs-ize" them to suit my purpose with some judicous application of taping and black paint...

My old 987S
Old 05-21-2018, 12:52 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zekiel
Not it to encourage you but, you have seen the clone wheels on the 'bay for like 1300 or so right? Search 20" felgen porsche wheels, they come right up. Unless of course everything must be OEM....ignore....

Ooh, intriguing - not OEM is not a concern though safety/weight might be... That's the general idea - my only beef with those is the petals are very long looking, all the way to the edge - especially in 20" with less rubber around it, not exactly the look I want but the general concept... It' s a little too obviously aftermarket... But thanks for pointing those out, definitely in the right ball park !!!
Old 05-21-2018, 05:54 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 97 Posts

Great.....although I'm fine with the look of the "plantation" grill, your disassembled pic makes the OCD part of me want to disassemble mine just to clean, polish, and wax under mine now! lol

Quick Reply: Good Bye plantation shutters ! (new grille)