Notices
Sponsored by:

Bank needs to see the car Im purchasing

Old 05-18-2018, 07:52 AM
wareaglescott
User

Turning this into a financial argument is way off topic. We are all big boys and don't need financial advice from random strangers.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:43 AM
2016mwk4sporsche
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey lots of good information here, Thanks for the replies, The seller is very patient and willing to work with me so this will work out well. Going to meet in LA to do the paperwork and then I will be the proud owner of a 2015 911 4S. Not bad for a first time Porsche!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:20 AM
iPickPorsche
New User

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
I've purchased quite a number of cars out of state, never an issue. Suspect that USAA, not having very many actual branches and dealing with people all over the place is used to it.

I bought the 911 1,200 Miles away sight unseen and had zero issues with getting the check.
Good day,

Speaking of which, I will be heading to California soon, incoming out-of-state, with strongest intentions to leave in a purchased Porsche. Any Porsche experts within the state of California that may be interested in assisting me to purchase my very first Porsche? Unfortunately, money cannot bring experience or expert knowledge; as a result, I am seeking individuals of whom may be of Porsche expertise, outside and also inside beneath the hood.

P.S. First post, still learning the ropes. Feel free to contact via Private Message, if interested!

Thanks,

- P.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:24 AM
iPickPorsche
New User

Originally Posted by 2016mwk4sporsche View Post
Hey lots of good information here, Thanks for the replies, The seller is very patient and willing to work with me so this will work out well. Going to meet in LA to do the paperwork and then I will be the proud owner of a 2015 911 4S. Not bad for a first time Porsche!
First time Porsche? *Fist Pump* *Thinking Expression* May you please outline the important steps in the procedure that you had personally utilized in successfully securing your first Porsche?

Thanks In Advance,

- P.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:39 AM
daberlin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iPickPorsche View Post
Good day,

Speaking of which, I will be heading to California soon, incoming out-of-state, with strongest intentions to leave in a purchased Porsche. Any Porsche experts within the state of California that may be interested in assisting me to purchase my very first Porsche? Unfortunately, money cannot bring experience or expert knowledge; as a result, I am seeking individuals of whom may be of Porsche expertise, outside and also inside beneath the hood.

P.S. First post, still learning the ropes. Feel free to contact via Private Message, if interested!

Thanks,

- P.
Many Californians on the site here. Since it's a BIG state, might be worthwhile to post some specifics about the car you need help with, location, etc. I've personally helped folks in the past do some initial inspection work, as I know others here have as well. Good luck and hope your new purchase works out.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:38 PM
jungkim1234
User

Originally Posted by iPickPorsche View Post
Good day,

Thanks,

- P.
Hi IPICKPORSCHE,
Your profile doesn't say where you're from, and because I'm from Oregon, I'm blissfully ignorant to the ways of sales tax, but just as a heads up: If you are from one of the few states that have no sales tax, you'll be liable for it if you buy from a dealership. The only way to get out of that is by having your vehicle shipped out of state, or by buying private. Like most of us on here, I'm was extremely picky on both the condition, service history, and options on the car and was searching nation wide. California has more used ones than most other areas and was close enough for me to drive home so I started to focus my search there. Generally I like to buy from a dealership, especially when buying out of state and hoping to make the epic road trip up the coast, so I spent a lot of time trying to find any loophole possible, but ended up having to buy private. Good luck!
Old 05-24-2018, 07:43 PM
iPickPorsche
New User

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by daberlin View Post
Many Californians on the site here. Since it's a BIG state, might be worthwhile to post some specifics about the car you need help with, location, etc. I've personally helped folks in the past do some initial inspection work, as I know others here have as well. Good luck and hope your new purchase works out.
*Taken By Surprise*

If so be, considering the above statements, may I please P.M. the blueprints + Porsche specs, upon your consent?

Hope To Hear From You Soon,

- P.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bank needs to see the car Im purchasing

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: