Cobb Tuning Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 03:00 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexLou
What we expect the gain?
Over 100whp/100tq with exhaust work depending on your trim.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:04 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,181 Likes on 623 Posts

991.2 GTS - Vektor Headers - Akrapovic Cats and Slip on exhaust - IPD Plenum - aFe Cold Air intake - COBB Tune E85 Flex fuel = 700 RWHP : )

Vendors take note and make it happen : )
Old 05-22-2018, 03:12 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
991.2 GTS - Vektor Headers - Akrapovic Cats and Slip on exhaust - IPD Plenum - aFe Cold Air intake - COBB Tune E85 Flex fuel = 700 RWHP : )

Vendors take note and make it happen : )
991.2 GTS turbos will max out around 530whp on pump gas. Meth and E85 would.. Who knows?

Old 05-23-2018, 03:11 PM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuning is already available for the 991.2 Carrera models via OBD2 access with gains as good or better than Cobb. No real reason to wait for Cobb at this point unless you just like the Accessport in general haha
Old 05-23-2018, 03:16 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

John @ Autoquest: Be clear here.. Are you saying that you have a tune that doesn't require the ECU to be removed and sent in and your Tune can be flashed via OBD2 straight without ECU being mailed in? If so, you are correct and I am a customer. If not, then you aint got nothing on Cobb..
Old 05-23-2018, 03:28 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
John @ Autoquest: Be clear here.. Are you saying that you have a tune that doesn't require the ECU to be removed and sent in and your Tune can be flashed via OBD2 straight without ECU being mailed in? If so, you are correct and I am a customer. If not, then you aint got nothing on Cobb..
im highly skeptical anyone can without benching the ecu
Old 05-23-2018, 03:35 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Originally Posted by Autoquest Motorsport
Tuning is already available for the 991.2 Carrera models via OBD2 access with gains as good or better than Cobb. No real reason to wait for Cobb at this point unless you just like the Accessport in general haha
Why don't you share? haha
Old 05-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
I shall be crystal, didn't mean to be otherwise sorry for any miscommunication. The 991.2 Carrera/Turbo/718 ECU's have been a very tough nut to crack. That being said, our tuner can now access the OBD2 port after manually "patching" in the access to the ECU. Therefore, the ECU goes to our tuner once to modify for OBD2 access (or they can just flash it while it's there), and then you are able to access and swap tune files on and off the ECU from that point forward via their OBD2 handheld device.

Let's run a hypothetical scenario. You have a stock car and want just a tune. ECU is sent out to gain remote access capability and the updated file at that time or via the handheld that comes back with it if that is preferred. 6 months down the line you want to run catless and need a retune. You can then purchase a revised file and have it emailed to you to swap via the handheld device.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:37 PM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nino
Why don't you share? haha
Well, I didn't realize this was such a hot topic and I had to finish brewing my cup of coffee lol.

My cell is 484 883 6197, I'd be happy to chat with anyone in much more depth about it if need be : )
Old 05-23-2018, 03:41 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Purchase revised files? No thanks.

With Cobb you can change tunes on the fly and you can have custom dyno tunes done.. Data logging and monitoring on the fly etc. Can your machine do this? OTS maps are never the answer. Dyno tuning is a must. You will not maximize HP and smooth out your powerband with a simple flash.

Where are your numbers, pics, dyno charts and proof? There is leaked information out there that Cobb is pulling 540whp off stock turbos on a C4S.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:42 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

https://www.************.com/showthr...next-two-weeks
Old 05-23-2018, 03:53 PM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Purchase revised files? No thanks.

With Cobb you can change tunes on the fly and you can have custom dyno tunes done.. Data logging and monitoring on the fly etc. Can your machine do this? OTS maps are never the answer. Dyno tuning is a must. You will not maximize HP and smooth out your powerband with a simple flash.

Where are your numbers, pics, dyno charts and proof? There is leaked information out there that Cobb is pulling 540whp off stock turbos on a C4S.
Not us, our tuner Hydra Motor Works. All our customers have loved their results so far. I'll see if I can get them to chime in with some details for you. Their number is 561 657 8787 if you'd like to give them a shout : ) Here's one of their recent graphs on a stock Carrera S. I was done waiting for Cobb about a year ago, you guys can do whatever floats your boat but these guys rock haha.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:26 PM
RENN GTS
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 117 Posts

I thought this thread was about Cobb tunes?

Would be interested in seeing what an accessport flash for a base 991.2 Carrera will yield.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:43 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Originally Posted by Autoquest Motorsport
Not us, our tuner Hydra Motor Works. All our customers have loved their results so far. I'll see if I can get them to chime in with some details for you. Their number is 561 657 8787 if you'd like to give them a shout : ) Here's one of their recent graphs on a stock Carrera S. I was done waiting for Cobb about a year ago, you guys can do whatever floats your boat but these guys rock haha.

That's pretty impressive. Just a tune with no other supporting mods?

I wonder how the drive feels now that the vehicle above has more torque than HP. I personally like the sensation of a continuous pull to redline.

Cobb needs to get in here and start chiming in!
Old 05-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

That's pretty impressive. Just a tune with no other supporting mods?

I wonder how the drive feels now that the vehicle above has more torque than HP. I personally like the sensation of a continuous pull to redline.

Cobb needs to get in here and start chiming in!
Correct, it felt pretty impressive too on the cars we did here. Complete rockets out of the hole, and as expect more out a flat top end feel compared to naturally aspirated .1 Carreras, the tune doesn't change that on this car. That being said, it felt night and day better than stock that is for sure. Still prefer the powercurve of my Cayman R, but I'm jaded what can I say haha.

More info the merrier! Cobb has been teasing on these tunes forever, as far back as when I was at Fabspeed. They even flew out and were chatting with us about it, and the hiccup has always been access through the OBD2.

Quick Reply: Cobb Tuning Coming Soon