Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Delay After ED Already Scheduled!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 05:29 PM
USMC10
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jsonorous
That is an amazing outcome for a situation that could have destroyed the experience. I've done ED once, and look forward to doing it again. Something tells me you might be buying 4 Porsches in 6 months after hanging with that Turbo S... Have a great trip!
Ha! Thanks buddy. I probably should have caveated my comment in the long post.so i don't sound pretentious. I bought a new Cayenne GTS off the lot last summer but quickly realized I wanted to a 911 instead so sold it after 3 months private party which freed me up for this GTS build. The other purchase was a Certified pre-owned Cayenne for my wife. She wanted one too. I couldn't say no. :-)

I think I"m good for now. Although I'd love a used Cayman GT4 or 997 Carerra 4S manual to have as a track car! Oh, how fun!
Old 05-11-2018, 05:40 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Wow - very happy to hear that PCNA/PAG were able to rectify the situation as best as they could and you are a happy customer. Just finished my ED experience in Zuffenhausen for over two weeks and it was the best trip of my life to date. Already hoping for an opportunity to go back in the future. Looking forward to your pics, and thank you for your service!!
Old 05-11-2018, 09:42 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow that's a great outcome. Unless you were planning on tracking a GT3 while in the EU you will be much happier with the Turbo.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:11 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 567 Posts

Nicely played. And hats off to Porsche for coming through with a happy outcome.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:26 PM
PLom
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great outcome! Enjoy your ED trip - should be fun, please post pictures if you can. And thank you for your service. Semper Fi!

Cheers, -Peter
Old 05-12-2018, 03:04 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Best story and write-up in quite a while. Plus now plenty of time to learn and realize there really is no reason to spoil your first miles with the break-in nonsense. Seriously. No. Reason. At. All. Ask around while you are there.
Semper Fi!
Old 05-12-2018, 03:33 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Subscribed.
Similar case for me. I will rent a GTS from Porsche Driving Center in Stuttgart and drive to Leipzig for the track experience.
I did not want to drive my GTS in Europe without PPF and in roads that I do not know.
Flying to Stuttgart early August although I will take delivery of my car hopefully earlier.

Enjoy your trip and experience.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:07 PM
USMC10
Advanced

Originally Posted by chuck911
Best story and write-up in quite a while. Plus now plenty of time to learn and realize there really is no reason to spoil your first miles with the break-in nonsense. Seriously. No. Reason. At. All. Ask around while you are there.
Semper Fi!
Thanks Chuck. I too have heard not to put much stock in the so-called "mandatory" break-in period. It think it's more peace of mind that anything else. 5 years from now if I have a minor oil leak, I'd think to myself...if I had only followed the break-in this wouldn't have happened. Even though in reality the issue has no correlation. Superstition sometimes gets the better of us!

Originally Posted by nilaz
Subscribed.
Similar case for me. I will rent a GTS from Porsche Driving Center in Stuttgart and drive to Leipzig for the track experience.
I did not want to drive my GTS in Europe without PPF and in roads that I do not know.
Flying to Stuttgart early August although I will take delivery of my car hopefully earlier.
Sweet! That's the way to go in my book. You're analysis is spot and mirrors my thoughts exactly. Best of both worlds IMO...you get the ED experience, while driving a GTS, without the risk of damaging your own car. This seems to be a common concern so I bet a PPF detailer would make a killing with sales if they set up shop a cross the street from the 911 factory.
​​​​​​
First thing going on my 911 when it arrives is a PPF full wrap. Then it's game on!
​​​​​​
​​
Old 05-13-2018, 07:58 AM
JoeyClosets
Track Day

Well done! Great story,glad it all worked out.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:16 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by USMC10
This seems to be a common concern so I bet a PPF detailer would make a killing with sales if they set up shop a cross the street from the 911 factorfactor
​​
I do believe that if Porsche offers PTS+FULL factory PPF in the package of 20K Euros it will be backorder for one year.

I believe in a few years PPF will be an option from factory as the cost to install full PPF in factory it will be much lower than after market and installation quality will be superior.

Cross market synergies is the way to go.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:25 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do believe that if Porsche offers PTS+FULL factory PPF in the package of 20K Euros it will be backorder for one year.

I believe in a few years PPF will be an option from factory as the cost to install full PPF in factory it will be much lower than after market and installation quality will be superior.

Cross market synergies is the way to go.
Porsche has already offered factory PPF in the past.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:50 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andial
Porsche has already offered factory PPF in the past.
I didn't know that. how it was the market reaction? It was ordered as an option or not?
Why they stop it?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC10
Thanks Chuck. I too have heard not to put much stock in the so-called "mandatory" break-in period. It think it's more peace of mind that anything else. 5 years from now if I have a minor oil leak, I'd think to myself...if I had only followed the break-in this wouldn't have happened. Even though in reality the issue has no correlation. Superstition sometimes gets the better of us!

Sweet! That's the way to go in my book. You're analysis is spot and mirrors my thoughts exactly. Best of both worlds IMO...you get the ED experience, while driving a GTS, without the risk of damaging your own car. This seems to be a common concern so I bet a PPF detailer would make a killing with sales if they set up shop a cross the street from the 911 factory.
​​​​​​
First thing going on my 911 when it arrives is a PPF full wrap. Then it's game on!
​​​​​​
​​
I had a full PPF put on mine locally - very happy with the results!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:56 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't know that. how it was the market reaction? It was ordered as an option or not?
Why they stop it?
The "market reaction" was positive. It was ordered as an option. They didn't stop it.

Quick Reply: Production Delay After ED Already Scheduled!!