Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you see your color and wheels in person before buying?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 01:51 AM
kage65
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Did you see your color and wheels in person before buying?

Im trying to decide on color and having a bit of a tough time. I could decide in 5 seconds if I could just see the various colors on the actual models in front of me. Problem is there are few colors on the lots to look at. Typical solution seems to be "well that cayman, macan, targa over there is gt silver so that will give you an idea". But for me its not at all the same. One color may look good on one model but maybe not as good on another. And then there's the challenge of choosing wheels when the wheels I want are not on the car. I guess we just have to make the choice with images and the porsche online builder?
Id love to see a night blue, silver, black and dark grey all side by side, but that is almost impossible.
How did you all make the choice?
Old 05-05-2018, 03:30 AM
AlexLou
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

GT silver FTW!
Old 05-05-2018, 04:01 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

My choice would have been Carmine Red for my GTS. Your character should determine in part, extrovert / introvert thing.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:20 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 361 Likes on 121 Posts

Agree with you. I was leaning towards GT Silver, when ordering my Carrera T. But then I saw a 718 Boxster I that color and I had second thoughts. For some reason I didn't fully liked it.

Fortunately I was able to see later on a 911 in the same color and was blown away at how nice it looked. Needless to say, I did go with GT Silver and I'm extremely happy with my choice.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:26 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

My choise was Crayon in my GTS.
My wife's choise was Graphite Blue.

I ordered Graphite Blue as my month car production will be the last one for this color. Therefore will be limited color option on the 991.2 GTS.

Also I have the upper hand after a few years to buy a second Porsche in my choice color....
Old 05-05-2018, 10:54 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

If your unsure what you like then I recommend staying with a safe color.
When you know what you want, go for it and have no regrets.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:23 AM
Wimankid
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn’t see a car with Carmine red or black wheels prior to ordering my - love the combo!
Old 05-06-2018, 05:13 AM
Feuerbach
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told my car was GT Silver, but the web pictures didn't quite have me convinced. The day before I fly out, I confirm that it is actually Rhodium Silver... had to go spend half a day convincing myself that was the color I wanted over GT. Which never happened.

But there are no bad colors on this car and there is so much dynamic lighting going on that shows colors differently that I still learn and observe some really nice hues out of my Rhodium. It's actually better in lower light and takes on sunset hues rather incredibly. If only there was a way to watch the car driving around, need to find some club drives so I get the best of both worlds.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:21 AM
kage65
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Im narrowed down to gt silver or black. If I could see a gt silver carrera base or C2 in person i think I would be able to decide, but none on the lots at the moment.
However my last sports car was silver, so would be nice to change things up.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:32 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,261 Likes on 590 Posts

Was in west LA recently, and was shocked by how many 991.2s were running around Santa Monica as well as Hwy 1 on the way up to Malibu—this compared to Northern California, where we do have "a few" Porsches too. But, on any given day in LA, I saw multiples of 991.2 coupes, cabs, targas, Turbos, etc. Graphite C2 coupe, Graphite Targa two minutes later, Graphite Turbo a while after that. Guards, Carmine, Miami, Lava, Racing Yellow. PTS cars. Scores of 991.2s in black/white/silver/gray.

The only place I've seen more 991.2s in a day is Stuttgart, and LA wasn't far off. So, for the price of an airplane ticket and a night or two, you can see a lot of 991.2s...
Old 05-06-2018, 08:27 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Wimankid
I didn’t see a car with Carmine red or black wheels prior to ordering my - love the combo!
I was torn between Carmine and Miami Blue. Did a 6 hour round trip to see both at another dealer. Fell in love when I saw Carmine in the sun. To me the best red Porsche ever has done. Having said that, every time I see Miami Blue I wonder....

But I am extremely happy with my color choice. It causes heads to swivel, including those of the the local LEO’s, but so far so good. I have had a ton of compliments about my car.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Mr Hyde
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my lava orange with black rims on my 2017 Carrera S Cab, only thing I'd personally change is the exhaust tips on the PSE from chrome to black. I bought it as a CPO 2 months ago and when I was looking at cars the color just really caught my eye. Good luck with all the options out there.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:22 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

No and I wish I had. Most of the time my dark blue 911 looks great, but in certain sunlight it looks purple. Had I known that I would have picked the lighter blue.

Quick Reply: Did you see your color and wheels in person before buying?