Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order Steering Wheel with Deviated Stitching?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 09:06 PM
TTFLT6
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Order Steering Wheel with Deviated Stitching?

I believe in the past you could order deviated stitching on a 991.2 steering wheel through a special code or something. Is this still possible on a new GTS order?

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:41 PM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I want to say I thought I saw that option when I built mine. It was through exclusive however and a silly amount of money if I remember correctly.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:13 PM
Llarry
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know if it is still possible. Back in 2012, the Exclusive order code was CLU and the U.S. retail was $1,025. For 2018, a deviating stitching package that includes the steering wheel rim is available with some interiors; it includes a number of other items as well and is expensive. Options XVS and XVL in the configurator.

Last edited by Llarry; 04-30-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:01 AM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I ordered the "Extended Deviated Stitching Interior Package" (a $3500 option). This will give you deviated stitching on the steering wheel and a bunch of other places.

I did Espresso with Cognac stitching - you can hopefully zoom in on the pic and get a better idea of what's stitched.

Not sure if you can get just the steering wheel with deviated stitching, but, it is included in the option above.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

There IS a custom CXX steering wheel option but it's THOUSANDS of dollars.

Unless you're a serious baller, if you want different stitching, you'll want to get it as part of a regular package as mentioned above.

I looked into this just to have a red stripe on the top of mine and laughed when I saw the price.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonfreed
I ordered the "Extended Deviated Stitching Interior Package" (a $3500 option). This will give you deviated stitching on the steering wheel and a bunch of other places.

I did Espresso with Cognac stitching - you can hopefully zoom in on the pic and get a better idea of what's stitched.

Not sure if you can get just the steering wheel with deviated stitching, but, it is included in the option above.
Gorgeous car! Espresso and Congnac look fantastic. I also went with the "Extended Deviated Stitching Interior Package," GT Silver deviated stitching over black leather.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:42 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

that looks very nice as well - I like the painted interior with the blue!
Old 05-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by jasonfreed
that looks very nice as well - I like the painted interior with the blue!
Thanks! I've been a fan of that combo for a long time, Sapphire Blue painted interior - finally got to pull the trigger and get one built with it.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:03 PM
TTFLT6
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks guys! Sweet interiors. I'm planning on GTS Interior packaged and had hoped to get deviated stitching on steering wheel to match all the carmine red stitching. Sounds like this is not an option.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Old 05-01-2018, 05:12 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,875 Likes on 1,358 Posts

You know, the funny part of all this - it costs Porsche virtually nothing to do deviated stitching. All they have to do is walk over to the thread drawer and get a different color thread to put in the bobbin. I own a store that specializes in high end leather upholstery (Hancock and Moore brand). If a customer asks for deviated stitching on their leather furniture know what we say? "Sure - we can do that - it's no charge. What color would you like?"

Guess I am leaving money on the table, eh?
Old 05-01-2018, 05:33 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drcollie
You know, the funny part of all this - it costs Porsche virtually nothing to do deviated stitching. All they have to do is walk over to the thread drawer and get a different color thread to put in the bobbin. I own a store that specializes in high end leather upholstery (Hancock and Moore brand). If a customer asks for deviated stitching on their leather furniture know what we say? "Sure - we can do that - it's no charge. What color would you like?"

Guess I am leaving money on the table, eh?

I just took Euro delivery of my GTS on April 9th.

During the tour, I almost cried when I saw all the different colored deviated threads just sitting there waiting for the person to pop in a new color. The upholstery area was really impressive, but yeah, that's quite a money maker for them.

Must take 4 seconds AT LEAST. Worth the thousands they charge

Quick Reply: Order Steering Wheel with Deviated Stitching?