Sponsored by:

15 GTS or 17 S

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 11:22 PM
Jon D
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ragabnh
Well finally I have the 2015 911 GTS in my garage, I am in love again, what a great drive home and finally my childhood dream came true.
Thanks to all how contributed to this thread and this helped me indeed in my final selection, you are a bunch of awesome guys,

Now it is time to read the manual and get familiar with all the setting and the features the car has.

Thanks again, wooohooo
enjoy great choice
Old 04-28-2018, 11:25 PM
RRDnA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A flat torque curve delivers linear power delivery..........
Old 04-29-2018, 03:22 AM
ddolbi
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats. You choose right car. You won't regret.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:28 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by RRDnA
A flat torque curve delivers linear power delivery..........
Lol, those you are speaking to won't understand and even try to understand. Maximize area under torque curve for street application. We used to play around with stand alone fuel managements and I also had a Lenz kit on a 1990 NA Ruf built out to a 3.8. We would mess around with tuning, run dynos and run a few hot laps with data loggers to see whether building for peak hp at the sacrifice of less area under the torque curve was better than a flatter torque curve with greater area was better than peak hp. One can do the same with FI and shape the power curve as they desire. People confuse seat of pants sensation with true acceleration. The turbo is still pulling harder than the NA at redline, the NA just feels as if it is pulling harder at redline because it is so anemic in the lower revs. The turbo acceleration is linear and consistent across the rev band so you don't get that building sensation of an engine with anemic torque/pull in the lower revs.

Without a doubt, that GTS is the better looking of the 2 cars. That black 991.2 base looked a bit dull. I love aero kit cars, but the red decals would have to go.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:03 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

I think what N/A fans really mean by "linear" is "ascending." Linear may not be the best word. What gives the higher sensation of speed (imo) and more joyous experience, is how the powerband builds. When it comes to driving on public roads, "feel" is everything, so an ascending power curve can lend a higher appreciation to the power at hand, with sensation of speed, imo. The N/A GTS as stated above, actually makes a higher HP figure at actual redline than the .2 on that chart, as the power drop off at redline isn't as severe. But again, the "feel" is everything. So even if a car is making more power at redline, but the momentum curbing is higher, than say a car with lower low-end torque but a longer and more vertical power build, then the sensation of the former at redline will feel less, while the sensation of the latter will feel more. This pays dividends to me on real world roads, as the last thing I'm looking for is more power (I already can't use what I have) especially if it's going unnoticed yet building in illegality, while what I am looking for is what I deem to be a more rewarding and involved sensation.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:09 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

KA, you're reaching there buddy. The .2 is more linear than any NA engine. Stop posting.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:33 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nino
KA, you're reaching there buddy. The .2 is more linear than any NA engine. Stop posting.
Great job missing the entire point. Lolz. Stop posting.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:44 AM
K-A
Drifting

Anyway, didn’t O/P choose the .1 thus is now a .1 owner? No need to still clutter this thread up with “boost propaganda.”

Quick Reply: 15 GTS or 17 S