Sponsored by:

Difference in sports exhaust note between 991.1 and 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 02:16 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
How did you program the overruns out, dealer? They get obnoxiously loud when running bypass pipes or a aggressive aftermarket exhaust and cat setup.

I would like to be able to select it in the Individual setting... why they dint enable this feature when customizing your Individual setting is beyond me. I wonder if they can do this????
Honestly, I don't remember the exact procedure, but I can tell you that I read my Owner's Manual and found the solution there. You have to do "I" mode. It might have ticked Sport Plus mode in the settings.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:23 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark993TT
Select sport plus
Its way too aggressive for daily spirited driving

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Honestly, I don't remember the exact procedure, but I can tell you that I read my Owner's Manual and found the solution there. You have to do "I" mode. It might have ticked Sport Plus mode in the settings.
Ive read through the manual, customizing individual with sport + is the same thing as just running sport + but you can change the suspension setting, etc, etc.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Mark993TT
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Sport plus with PDK in manual mode works fine. It’s mainly the automatic mode that’s to aggressive for normal street driving.

Indivdual in my opinion really doesn’t add anything useful other than being able to preselect a combination of settings you can select in any other driving mode anyhow.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:43 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

I can attest for PSE on the .2 GTS as the motor breaks in the noise gets louder and deeper, not NA but honestly good enough to not go for an aftermarket solution.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Mark993TT
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

That’s good to know as I am considering going 200 cell sport cats but would rather keep it stock.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:17 PM
kenny29
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys - many thanks for all your input - some very interesting info and I fully take the point about the difference in the two engines. I was also interested in the point about the exhaust note sounding different and more aggressive in sports mode rather than normal or sports plus.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:13 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny29
Guys - many thanks for all your input - some very interesting info and I fully take the point about the difference in the two engines. I was also interested in the point about the exhaust note sounding different and more aggressive in sports mode rather than normal or sports plus.
Allow me to illustrate the difference
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2018, 09:23 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

It took me a couple of months with the 991.2 before I eventually figured out that in Normal mode with PSE open you get burble on deceleration with no pops... but only if you are shifting in manual mode and keeping the RPMs up like you normally would in sport mode. This has recently become my preferred way of cruising around when I'm not driving sportily enough to warrant Sport Plus in manual mode. I only rarely use Sport mode around town anymore.

The burble sounds in manual+Normal+PSE are especially pleasing in the parking garage at the office, where I'm also entertained by the whistle of the turbos even at low maneuvering speed... something I've never heard otherwise due to my loss of high frequency hearing. (I've been a turbo fan ever since I had a Buick Grand National back in the 80s)

Quick Reply: Difference in sports exhaust note between 991.1 and 991.2