Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended warranty, Porsche VSP When can buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 01:13 AM
kage65
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Extended warranty, Porsche VSP When can buy?

Im reading the brochure for Porsche vehicle Service Protect, aka their extended warranty. It is this language that I'm uncertain about:
Available on new, pre-owned, and Certified Pre-Owned Porsche vehicles at the time of purchase or lease. Also available after vehicle
purchase or lease if the vehicle is still covered under the manufacturer's new-vehicle limited warranty.

To me it sounds like if you can buy it anytime within the original 4 year warranty, but not afterwards if you buy the vehicle when it is only covered under the CPO warranty. In other words, if you are buying a CPO vehicle that no longer has the original 4 year warranty, you have to buy this extended warranty at the time of purchase, and you won't be able to after you purchase. Does this sound about right? Tsk
Old 04-19-2018, 01:33 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

I read your assumption twice, and I agree, but ask your dealer. What's your situation?
Old 04-19-2018, 02:05 AM
kage65
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I was considering this vehicle
https://porscheatlantaperimeter.com/...tallic+1807691
I'm still on the fence but if I got it ideally id like to come back later and get the extended VSP warranty, rather than be forced to make the decision right away.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:39 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by kage65
I was considering this vehicle
https://porscheatlantaperimeter.com/...tallic+1807691
I'm still on the fence but if I got it ideally id like to come back later and get the extended VSP warranty, rather than be forced to make the decision right away.
Have you cost compared the VSP warranty with any third party extended warranties? You definitely can get one later if you wish and many of them are excellent (for those who feel it is the correct solution for them) and most likely will have a lower cost as well. I have had one on my 2011 4S, I am currently covered by CPO for the next several years, and may get one again when the CPO runs out (or not).
Old 04-19-2018, 09:22 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

You will be further ahead to take that 5K they are going to charge you for an additional warranty and set it aside for anything that comes up.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty, Porsche VSP When can buy?