Sponsored by:

PEC Delivery scheduled!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 10:31 PM
Soapman72
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PEC Delivery scheduled!

I just confirmed delivery of my new Carerra GTS at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. Anyone else have a PEC Delivery that day?
Old 04-18-2018, 10:50 PM
Soapman72
Advanced

Here is the build, for anyone interested. I know it won' be to everyone's liking, but I am very excited!

Old 04-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Soapman72
Advanced

Old 04-19-2018, 12:26 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 361 Likes on 121 Posts

Congrats!

Wow, that is an incredible build! 3 pages of specs... !!!!

I am also of the school of "the only bad option is the one you didn't spec, so go for it!"

The only thing missing is Pedals in Leather with Deviated Stitching.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:51 AM
Soapman72
Advanced

Thank you! I did go heavy on the options, but you only live once. I'm hoping to keep this one for a long time.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:52 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow, that looks fantastic. It soon adds up, even without the GTS interior, a high priority there being ventilated seats probably?
I hope the next few weeks keep you busy and distracted.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:14 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Wow. That will be a really special car. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Don't know what state you are in but here in Kalifornia, the sales tax on that bad boy.....yipe!

Jim
Old 04-19-2018, 09:24 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Soapman72
Thank you! I did go heavy on the options, but you only live once. I'm hoping to keep this one for a long time.
Congrats!!! Almost looks like a yellow version of my car...

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PJKBZEJ1
Old 04-19-2018, 10:55 AM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about your delivery experience. My buddy is doing Atlanta delivery in early July for his Turbo S.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:43 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

When I ordered they said getting a spot for PEC delivery would take an additional 6-8 weeks.
Curious when your car was built and when it Is or has already got off the ship? Wondering how the timeline went and if the advertised delay was accurate?

Looks like a great build. Have a great day picking it up!
Old 04-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Soapman72
Advanced

Originally Posted by _RS_
Wow, that looks fantastic. It soon adds up, even without the GTS interior, a high priority there being ventilated seats probably?
I hope the next few weeks keep you busy and distracted.
Good guess. Ventilated seats were a must have for me. I am also not a huge fan of Alcantara, but I do wish I could have had yellow GTS lettering on the headrests without adding thousands more to the build.

Regarding Alcantara....it is growing on me. I sort of like it in my wife's TT-RS.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:27 PM
Soapman72
Advanced

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Wow. That will be a really special car. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Don't know what state you are in but here in Kalifornia, the sales tax on that bad boy.....yipe!

Jim

Located near Nashville, TN. LOTS of good roads out here (if you stay off the interstate) 😨
Old 04-19-2018, 10:33 PM
Soapman72
Advanced

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
When I ordered they said getting a spot for PEC delivery would take an additional 6-8 weeks.
Curious when your car was built and when it Is or has already got off the ship? Wondering how the timeline went and if the advertised delay was accurate?

Looks like a great build. Have a great day picking it up!

My wait has been extreme, but not because of PEC Delivery. I put the deposit down last August, but my dealer didn' have any allocations until Jan and March....I passed on the January allocation, thinking I didn' want the car to arrive in February, butmymarch allocation got pushed....production related, I think. Once it entered production, however, it beat all estimates for the various stages of completion, and as soon as it left the port (Emden), I got an email asking me to schedule my delivery date.

I am very excited .
Old 04-19-2018, 10:52 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Congrats on a great build! Younwill love it, I have a three pager as well and it really makes the car truly unique and special. I bet you can’t wait!
Old 04-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Soapman72
Advanced

Thanks to all who had nice things to say about the build. I do know the color choice isn' for everyone, or we would see a bunch more racing yellow Carrera on the road. After all it IS the fastest color!

Additionally, I realize that my equipment choices are a little unusual. Pretty high spec for a car with no sunroof or premium plus package or 18 way seats. My thought process on this was as follows:

Although I love the 18 way seats, I believe they add something like 60 lbs compared to the 4 way seats. The 4 way is the same basic seats without as much adjustment. I had a chance to sit in 4 way seats, and they felt more than fine to me. Not having memory or power fore/aft adjustment is not a big deal as no one else will drive the car except on rare occasions.

I don' use the sunroof on cars that I've paid to have one. Less weight? Less cost? Sign me up.

I used the savings from the above to help pay for covering the seatbacks in leather. Ridiculous to have to pay $1800 in a car of this caliber , but whatever, we all know what we are signing up for.

Burmester audio system. Well, another example of pricing representing a possible sexual assalt against the customer, but if you have a critical ear, nothing below this system is acceptable. The BOSE system plays loudly, but relies too much on the door speakers for bass output, to the point that the entire panel and door handle visibly flex when you turn the volume up with bass heavy content playing....this happens much less in the Burmester system. I would think that the panels will rattle like crazy once you have some miles on the car if you habitually push the BOSE stereo.

PCCB....well, there is a polarizing option. Expensive? Sure. Will they last nearly forever in a street driven car? I sure the heck hope so. If they do, then all other positive attributes (including the caliper color) make it worth the price of admission for me.

PDCC....yeah, um....i just couldn't help myself. Once you start ticking boxes, it's hard to stop. I think I'm getting light headed.

All the exterior painted bits? I personally feel like they should just come that way. I also ordered a spare front lip that will be painted yellow, because I don' like the black one as much. 991.1 GTS had a solid colored lip, but Porsche will not do it on 991.2....PERIOD. Weird, but that' what Yana told me. Extra weird when you can get the sport design front end on a Carrera S and opt to have it painted.

Anyway, I'm sure some will think it' a sweet build, some will think it's tacky, and some may use harsher words than that, but it is my first Porsche, and I wanted to make it unique, and not have any regrets about not going all the way.

Sean

Quick Reply: PEC Delivery scheduled!