Sponsored by:

991.2S Has Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Dr. Ice
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ice

I also just took delivery of my 2017 911 S about one week ago, and like you, I have been researching paint codes to change my wheel color to platinum satin. However, I am now thinking I like the silver since they brighten up the car. This is coming from a guy who just got rid of my z51 C7 with black wheels. I did have full paint correction, window tinting, Xpel and Opticoat Pro done 2 days ago. I did the same exact protection on my C7 upon delivery and I am a believer. You have a beautiful car!

Old 04-15-2018, 01:21 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 234 Posts

Bold color. Looks nice. Are your windows tinted? They look very dark. The silver wheels with this color look a bit too silvery and shiny to me. IMO, they look nicer on darker cars.
Black wheels will look nice I think. I had black wheels in my GR Boxster with a black top and the car looked very sharp. Only thing is, it attracted a lot of attention. And so will Miami Blue. You could just let brake dust accumulate and you won't need to get the wheels coated.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Wimankid
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Like the car color and I agree with others, silver wheels look good!
Old 04-15-2018, 01:51 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Congratulations. Car looks great! Coming up on 2 years with my 991.2 C2s and still really love it.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Congrats on your stunning new Miami Blue Carrera S!

Great colour.

I too would leave the wheels in their original silver colour.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:41 PM
mr gregash
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ice

I also just took delivery of my 2017 911 S about one week ago, and like you, I have been researching paint codes to change my wheel color to platinum satin. However, I am now thinking I like the silver since they brighten up the car. This is coming from a guy who just got rid of my z51 C7 with black wheels. I did have full paint correction, window tinting, Xpel and Opticoat Pro done 2 days ago. I did the same exact protection on my C7 upon delivery and I am a believer. You have a beautiful car!
Thanks! Your car looks great as well. Sapphire blue, correct?

Originally Posted by AnandN
Bold color. Looks nice. Are your windows tinted? They look very dark. The silver wheels with this color look a bit too silvery and shiny to me. IMO, they look nicer on darker cars.
Black wheels will look nice I think. I had black wheels in my GR Boxster with a black top and the car looked very sharp. Only thing is, it attracted a lot of attention. And so will Miami Blue. You could just let brake dust accumulate and you won't need to get the wheels coated.
Thanks! Yes, the windows are tinted. I will keep my eyes out for some nice HRE/BBS that would work, but will think it over a bit more. I was expecting more votes for satin black, but silver has a resounding voice so far.

Originally Posted by Wimankid
Like the car color and I agree with others, silver wheels look good!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by dflowerz
Congratulations. Car looks great! Coming up on 2 years with my 991.2 C2s and still really love it.
Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Congrats on your stunning new Miami Blue Carrera S!

Great colour.

I too would leave the wheels in their original silver colour.
Thank you! I love the color for sure. Another vote for silver, ack.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:46 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 234 Posts

You should do what you like. I never ask for opinions about colors, options etc. I have my preferences. If you like black wheels, that is your choice.
IMO, they will look fantastic with Miami Blue but you have to like it. All that matters. You are not personalizing a car with the input of a committee? I hope not.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Jim993
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations. I love the sunroof delete and manual transmission.
Enjoy in good health.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:28 PM
mr gregash
Banned

You should do what you like. I never ask for opinions about colors, options etc. I have my preferences. If you like black wheels, that is your choice.
IMO, they will look fantastic with Miami Blue but you have to like it. All that matters. You are not personalizing a car with the input of a committee? I hope not.
Thanks! Just asking opinions. I will certainly do what I think works best, but as I mentioned, I do think they look great, but think satin black would also go just as well and may be more contiguous to the Miami Blue and black theme I have going.

Originally Posted by Jim993
Congratulations. I love the sunroof delete and manual transmission.
Enjoy in good health.
Thank you! I love those two 'options' (or lack of option in both of these cases) as well. I never really liked sunroofs that much, nor do I really use them. I prefer the lighter weight and lower CoG for not having one. I would have been very happy with PDK (I actually love driving dual clutch cars - especially when they are the best in the business with the PDK) but PDK is here to stay. Manuals seem to be few and far between, even on 911s which I'd assume you still get a decent take rate on.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:32 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might want to get the BBS FI-R.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:16 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Love it. Can’t wait to see it mulling about town. Spotted Horse?
Old 04-18-2018, 12:00 AM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 798 Posts

Exactly this. Satin black gets my vote as well, though ...

Beautiful car -- enjoy it in good health.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:31 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

This Miami Blue on HRE's or BBS' would look KILLER. I'd go with a Brushed Clear finish on Miami Blue. It'd look jaw dropping.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 04-30-2018, 11:31 PM
mr gregash
Banned

Originally Posted by JAM2
Love it. Can’t wait to see it mulling about town. Spotted Horse?
You will definitely see me around. Love the Spotted Horse! You?

Quick Reply: 991.2S Has Arrived