Sponsored by:

Posting T Pix finally

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 04:58 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Posting T Pix finally

To those who have messaged me asking for pix of the interior with full leather and seat ventilation I apologize for it taking so long. Finally, here they are. Also some of the exterior. Seat ventilation is available with full leather interior, and when ordered that way there is no sportex - anywhere.

I took delivery February 24th at Champion Porsche, Pompano Beach, Florida, and had the windows tinted locally with 30% ceramic, except the windshield which is 80%. So far all's good and I would count this one as the most entertaining Porsche I've owned to date. I probably could have said the same if I ordered a Carrera, but having never owned a base car I don't know for sure. In any event, I like the car a lot. It's worlds apart from the last GTS I had, a 997.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ95K4X7
Old 04-09-2018, 05:05 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

I like it! Looks good with the leather interior.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:27 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats, car looks nice.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:05 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

- Deleted -

Last edited by jimmymoO; 04-09-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:16 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberay

To those who have messaged me asking for pix of the interior with full leather and seat ventilation I apologize for it taking so long. Finally, here they are. Also some of the exterior. Seat ventilation is available with full leather interior, and when ordered that way there is no sportex - anywhere.

I took delivery February 24th at Champion Porsche, Pompano Beach, Florida, and had the windows tinted locally with 30% ceramic, except the windshield which is 80%. So far all's good and I would count this one as the most entertaining Porsche I've owned to date. I probably could have said the same if I ordered a Carrera, but having never owned a base car I don't know for sure. In any event, I like the car a lot. It's worlds apart from the last GTS I had, a 997.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ95K4X7
Congrats and thank you for the pictures!

So in your case, are the seat centers all leather? No cloth at all? It is really hard to tell from the picture due to the moire patterns.

Cheers!
Old 04-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The palm trees almost made me want to cry. Sleet here in NOVA today.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:01 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats, looks great! Would you mind explaining the differences between your T and the 997 GTS?
Old 04-09-2018, 10:21 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks fab! Congrats.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:50 AM
cyberay
Advanced

Originally Posted by alex_c
Congrats and thank you for the pictures!

So in your case, are the seat centers all leather? No cloth at all? It is really hard to tell from the picture due to the moire patterns.

Cheers!
That is correct, front and rear seat centers are leather. It is the standard full leather interior and the only way you can get it in a T is by ordering seat ventilation. This was not a problem for me since I live in Florida. All recent 911s that I've owned have been ordered with full leather interior because i'm addicted to the scent of Porsche leather (it's different than other manufacturers leather, even Mercedes Benz), and because I don't care for the pebble grained composition leather/vinyl of the standard interior.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Very nice!!! Congrats!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:39 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Originally Posted by k997
Congrats, looks great! Would you mind explaining the differences between your T and the 997 GTS?
Sure, and thanks for noting that I expressed the 991 as being different from a 997 and not necessarily better or worse. That determination would be very user dependent.

First and foremost, the 991 is more rigid, solid. The 997 was a cab. The electronics are more advanced with greater capabilities. The low end torque of the turbo engine makes everyday driving more enjoyable. Couple those attributes with the wider stance of the 991, improved interior space and raked windshield, and you have a more comfortable ride while maintaining a very sporting nature. What's given up is the slot car feel of the 997.

Contrary to what is often said, I don't find the sounds produced by the engine and exhaust to be materially different or better or worse. I've gotten the same comments on the sound of the 991 as with other past 911s. Others have noted differences, and I'm sure there are, but for me at least it sounds just fine, and is well worth any tradeoff for that absolutely superb turbo engine.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:49 PM
sjglaser
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Contrary to what is often said, I don't find the sounds produced by the engine and exhaust to be materially different or better or worse. I've gotten the same comments on the sound of the 991 as with other past 911s. Others have noted differences, and I'm sure there are, but for me at least it sounds just fine, and is well worth any tradeoff for that absolutely superb turbo engine. "

Your car looks great! I like those floor mats. I too got the white, and hope to take delivery later this week. From all the literature, the base 3.0 turbo engine is getting rave reviews. One writer described it as a "gem" of an engine. Like you, I prefer low-end torque over high revs (I had a 2012 C4S) and am looking forward to experiencing this platform.

Regards,

Steve
Old 04-10-2018, 01:53 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Originally Posted by sjglaser
"Contrary to what is often said, I don't find the sounds produced by the engine and exhaust to be materially different or better or worse. I've gotten the same comments on the sound of the 991 as with other past 911s. Others have noted differences, and I'm sure there are, but for me at least it sounds just fine, and is well worth any tradeoff for that absolutely superb turbo engine. "

Your car looks great! I like those floor mats. I too got the white, and hope to take delivery later this week. From all the literature, the base 3.0 turbo engine is getting rave reviews. One writer described it as a "gem" of an engine. Like you, I prefer low-end torque over high revs (I had a 2012 C4S) and am looking forward to experiencing this platform.

Regards,

Steve
"Steve, being a previous Porsche owner and knowing what the car is about I'm sure that you will find the 991, and the T in particular, to be among the best that Porsche has produced to date. It will engage you every time you set foot in it.

The floor mats are Lloyds Rubber Tite and are available from Autoanything.com. I've used them in all my vehicles for many, many years. Until recently, the downside was they outgassed a really strong smell that overcame everything else, and in some cases everyone else, and lasted for months before dissipating. But for past year or two that has been remedied and they are odor free upon receipt.
Here's a link to them: http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/79A4424A0A0.aspx
Old 04-10-2018, 02:06 PM
sjglaser
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the link to the floor mats! Like you, I already have the white side-marker lights on standby to change out ASAP. The clear lens really works with the white, as opposed to the US-spec amber.,,
Old 04-10-2018, 02:22 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
The palm trees almost made me want to cry. Sleet here in NOVA today.
Hang on, it will give way to a beautiful spring and summer up there while we're sweltering here.

Quick Reply: Posting T Pix finally