Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 09:24 AM
ohniner
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

Have the Porsche in all 3 (T, GT3, Cayenne). Put them in as soon as I bought the cars and put the pretty carpet mats on a shelf. I play tennis on clay courts and the rubber mats are so easy to clean, look terrific and are cheap. When I sell a car I put the original “new” mats in and makes a great visual impact.
also most Porsche dealers will sell you the mats for the same price as Suncoast without a shipping charge, you just have to ask.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 593 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by ohniner
Have the Porsche in all 3 (T, GT3, Cayenne). Put them in as soon as I bought the cars and put the pretty carpet mats on a shelf. I play tennis on clay courts and the rubber mats are so easy to clean, look terrific and are cheap. When I sell a car I put the original “new” mats in and makes a great visual impact.
also most Porsche dealers will sell you the mats for the same price as Suncoast without a shipping charge, you just have to ask.
Not my Porsche Dealer. Then again, they are no longer my dealer.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:17 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I have always done the same, my AMG mats stay under the trunk mat. For the T the oem mats with carrera T package are unique and displaying them by using them would be the right thing, I do clean my mats every week
Old 01-04-2019, 01:37 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 309 Likes on 153 Posts

R&T T article from today...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-991-send-off/

The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (11-08-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

^^^ Great article. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Sarawnty
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts

Thanks for sharing. Great read. It was 10 degrees celsius here in Toronto today. I took the cover off our T, unplugged the battery maintainer, backed out of the garage and went for an afternoon drive. Priceless.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:36 PM
AlpineR
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice read, thanks also as said for sharing. 40 degrees Celsius here today, T is hiding in the shadows.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 PM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AlpineR
Nice read, thanks also as said for sharing. 40 degrees Celsius here today, T is hiding in the shadows.
I enjoyed that article too. Recently I purchased the PCA club provenance binders to collect all of the various things that show the story of my car. I wasn't super clear if there is some guideline to what is expected, so I have cooked up my own list of things to include:
My Porsche.com build code summary as a printed PDF
My purchase paperwork and warrantees
My window (Not for sale) sticker
My Euro deliver paperwork and shipping transport documents
Numerous photos of my car during the deliver and first drive, numerous photos like those I have posted to show modifications I have made
Receipts for all parts and goodies
Service paperwork

Today, based on this article, I also decided to print from my browser a number of the good web articles about the Carrera T (First drives, reviews, etc). As I was not sure if many years from now these things would be around to talk about and show....

I'm curious if anyone else is getting into the car scrapbooking aspects of ownership, and do you have items that you have included?

I am considering the Certificate of Ownership from PCA, and have most of the form filled out, except for the engine and gearbox numbers. I have yet to find a way to report these that don't involve a service technician. Any advise?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

I feel like when the T was first introduced everyone trashed it for not being light enough or true to the original. People made fun of the weight saving, ignoring the most important aspects. Now everyone is praising it for being so cohesive. Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Just saying.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (11-08-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 10:51 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 389 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarawnty
Thanks for sharing. Great read. It was 10 degrees celsius here in Toronto today. I took the cover off our T, unplugged the battery maintainer, backed out of the garage and went for an afternoon drive. Priceless.
Hehe...good on getting out!

I'm up at the cottage in Gravenhurst with mine:

Old 01-04-2019, 11:16 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by bonn72
I feel like when the T was first introduced everyone trashed it for not being light enough or true to the original. People made fun of the weight saving, ignoring the most important aspects. Now everyone is praising it for being so cohesive. Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Just saying.
Some liked it right off the bat. Others woke up as the endless positive reviews kept rolling in and they decided to take test drives. Then they were quick converts. I liked it from the beginning, but really fell in love after I got some time behind the wheel. The feel of the car is special, no doubt about it.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:08 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

once I had decided on a 911 it was very difficult to decide on which one. I really like the base engine of the 991.2 and for that reason and few other interior and exterior dislikes I eliminated the GTS. Next it C2 vs C4, decided on the C2, been driving AWD for a while and miss driving a RWD.
it came down to T vs S, as I wanted certain things which the base did not offer. More top end power was not at the top of my list and I can always put a tune on for a little more.
i spec’d both as I wanted, heavily loaded with options. Both were priced equally. At the end I just liked the T and its little quirks and uniqueness a little bit more. Still ended up with the most expensive spec’d T built to date, but I got everything I wanted.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:04 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Everyone wants what they don't have. They can get the T, see some available on the lot and maybe at a small discount, and people poo poo it. 991 now discontinued, 992 coming in hot FWIW, and people now appreciating the T. My stance hasn't changed, seems like one of the fun 911s to have
Old 01-05-2019, 03:36 PM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default COA application questions

Hi T fans,

I'm in the process of filling out the Certificate of Authenticity application for my Carrera T, and the form asks me to provide the VIN (yep, easy) and both the engine and trans/gear box numbers. I'm not really sure where I need to look in my paperwork, manual, or on the car to get these additional numbers. I have read that if I leave these blank on the application, that the document that Porsche returns will not include the numbers, but if I do state them both, then the completeness of the document would also include them.

Anyone know of a simple way to get these values that don't involve the disassembly of my car? The examples I found on Google seem to show photos of the engine or transmission removed from the car, and indicators of where you can read the values after removal.

Glenn
Old 01-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Glenn, I would check with the dealer. I'm sure it's in their system somewhere or they could pull it. Maybe they can even order the CoA for you.
After about a month of ownership, I received a framable certificate from PCNA. You may be satisfied with just that.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club