991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Old 04-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Here’s my build, which is not the same as described above. The in-country date looks about right. I took delivery on the 27th.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJRQDGQ3
Old 04-02-2018, 03:09 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
Here’s my build, which is not the same as described above. The in-country date looks about right. I took delivery on the 27th.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJRQDGQ3
Congrats on the delivery!

What are your impressions so far?

Can you also post any pics of the interior? I don't think we've seen the black interior before.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

I'm trying to learn the official handshake of this secret society. Do I have it??

Last edited by Al.Fresco; 04-02-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
After searching the treads.....
Can I join:

UK On Order May-18 PufnStuf white 7MT RAS, LWG, DAB, Bose, 18ways + rears, leather T-pack silver.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:42 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
After searching the treads, I have only found 20 owners/owners-to-be. All have selected manual transmission, most have standard S rims, 70% standard seats, and none have ordered the Premium or premium plus package from what I can tell.

Register # Country Status Date deliver(ed) Name/User Name VIN Color Gearbox Seats Wheels Packages Performance Audio Additional Description
9 US Delivered BlackOptic GT Silver Metallic 7MT LWB S None BOSE
Am I reading the columns right? My car has "None" with regards to "Performance"? Well, dang. Should I trade it for a GT3T? :-)

So, actually... I have the measly / non excited performance options of PSP (maybe not happy about) and Chrono Pkg for the performance column... at some point I need to be mansplained about disabling PSP.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:46 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Here's my code.. http://www.porsche-code.com/PJX2RDB1

Is it cool to put our VIN numbers on the interwebs?
Old 04-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Here's my code.. http://www.porsche-code.com/PJX2RDB1

Is it cool to put our VIN numbers on the interwebs?
There are literally millions of VINs on the interwebs (including dealer websites, etc) ... perfectly fine. Have a look at my signature, not like SSN numbers fortunately
Old 04-02-2018, 06:18 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Am I reading the columns right? My car has "None" with regards to "Performance"? Well, dang. Should I trade it for a GT3T? :-)

So, actually... I have the measly / non excited performance options of PSP (maybe not happy about) and Chrono Pkg for the performance column... at some point I need to be mansplained about disabling PSP.
I haven't finished that column, I tried to do a sort by list, but for Performance option (per Porsche builder) it is not either/or but multiples of options so I am trying to build a pull down list that gives several option and not just one. Why nobody has performance option yet. But then again, under Porsche performance options, auto cruise control (ACC) is part of the Porsche builder Performance list (but need PDK for that).

Last edited by tgavem; 04-02-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alex_c
Congrats on the delivery!

What are your impressions so far?

Can you also post any pics of the interior? I don't think we've seen the black interior before.
So far so good. The feel of the car takes some getting used to compared to my 2014 Cayman. The rear weight bias plus the RAS causes the car to turn in and load up very quickly. Then you get on the gas and it hunkers down like a 911 should. Rear tires are massive! The engine is great and I like the sound, both with and without the PSE engaged. I did go a little past 4000 rpms a few times I’m afraid 😱. Still not used to SPASM yet. It seems a little more floaty than my Cayman X73 suspension. This could just be due to the differently biased weight but I really need to play with it some more.

The LWBs are a good match to my physical type (6”, 170). For a long trip I would probably add some extra cushioning. Tried the Bermeister for the first time yesterday. Sounds pretty good with a decent source. Maybe my T will be the only one so equipped..

Pictures! I will see what I can do.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Cfroku
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my build, take delivery on July 6th and includes Burmester.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJENXKB6

I’m still on the fence about the sunroof and may remove it. I also have a GT4 with the LWB, which are fantastic and I would order them on the T if they tilted forward to get to back shelf. I track the the GT4 and telling myself I won’t take the T to the track, but would fun to compare the two. I’m also interested in seeing pics of the standard interior.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

I have never been a fan of sunroofs, but have to admit that they look good on these cars. If you aren’t planning to track your car (much) I say go for it. Black sunroof looks awesome with Guards Red BTW.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR

So far so good. The feel of the car takes some getting used to compared to my 2014 Cayman. The rear weight bias plus the RAS causes the car to turn in and load up very quickly. Then you get on the gas and it hunkers down like a 911 should. Rear tires are massive! The engine is great and I like the sound, both with and without the PSE engaged. I did go a little past 4000 rpms a few times I’m afraid 😱. Still not used to SPASM yet. It seems a little more floaty than my Cayman X73 suspension. This could just be due to the differently biased weight but I really need to play with it some more.

The LWBs are a good match to my physical type (6”, 170). For a long trip I would probably add some extra cushioning. Tried the Bermeister for the first time yesterday. Sounds pretty good with a decent source. Maybe my T will be the only one so equipped..

Pictures! I will see what I can do.
Very nice indeed. Do you think RAS would make the rear end step out more easily on slippery surfaces or heavy throttle?
Old 04-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Hard to say. The RAS Helps to make turn in happen quickly but smoothly. I doubt it would cause problems on a slippery surface if the driver is attentive to the available grip levels. Regarding throttle, the problem is more likely to be sudden lift related rather than too much.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:07 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
The website www.carrera-t.net is now registered...when I have some time in the next few weeks to stand up a proper site maybe we can get a registry going like rsamerica.net

cheers!
That will be great. Thank you
Old 04-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Beartooth
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was planning on getting a .1 GT3 but am now thinking a T might be perfect for me. I’m a PDKr and really want the lightweight buckets. There is no local dealer in Montana, does anybody know of any LWB equipped cars sitting on a lot?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 911 T owners club