Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 01:16 AM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah I am definitely there with you. I am going bat sh*t crazy waiting for my January delivery. I have hypothetically built (modded) my T like 10 times. I have been working on number 11 for the last two days in between watching Porsche **** on YouTube. So check out the YouTube video. I am thinking of doing something like this to my T

Old 11-05-2018, 01:18 AM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Tell me what you guys think.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:06 AM
JIMMY JAMES
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

On an RS yes. On a T, no.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 AM
AlpineR
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMMY JAMES
On an RS yes. On a T, no.

agree, I’d look at the GT3 RS 4.0 stripes but even then that’s maybe a bit much imo
Old 11-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Copperhead37
Instructor

I like that weathered race car look. Remember the T was the race that earned Porsche’s first ever win at Monte Carlo in 1968. The T has. Very illustrates racing past.
However my thoughts on a full car wrap are
1. Protects the paint from all the minor stuff (paint swirl marks from washing,bugs, small dirt and debris) until end of warranty when I would remove the wrap.
2. It encourages you to drive it more and wash and wax it less. With the weathered patina wrap who cars if it is a little dirty. It looks like part of the patina.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
I've never been a fan of making something look like something that it's not. No matter T or GT3, I'd say 'No'.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Copperhead37
Instructor

If I did it. I would not do the gulf livery. That was just an example. I would create my own livery and then have the company (there local to me) do there weather treatment to it.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:16 AM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
i really like the look. Personally though if I had my car wrapped, I would always anticipate the day I expose the real paint. Like being impatient to unwrap a gift. So I think my wrap will be short lived.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Yeah I can definitely relate to that. I don’t think I would keep the wrap on long term. I was thinking just until the warranty ran out. Then remove it and decide wether to keep the car long term or sell/trade in. Either way I you would have fresh new paint.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 81 Posts

Im debating on whether to go with clear or flat black front trunk wrap on my Lava Orange T. Part of me likes idea of a "rally" look with satin black hood other part of me says just leave look as intended from factory. Either way I want to wrap car as it will be seeing track duty occasionally.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo
Im debating on whether to go with clear or flat black front trunk wrap on my Lava Orange T. Part of me likes idea of a "rally" look with satin black hood other part of me says just leave look as intended from factory. Either way I want to wrap car as it will be seeing track duty occasionally.
You won't get as much protection with a wrap as you will with PPF, but I'm sure you already know that.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:51 PM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 81 Posts

Has anyone figured out what the lightest configuration of the T turns out to be? Not even I did lightest possible but I know Im pretty close - I upgraded to boat anchor Bose with more speakers/subwoofer (my tunes are important) and I like look of Chrono clock but Im sure I could have saved lbs if I had deleted those. Im thinking lightest config in US would be buckets with rear seat delete, PCCB, standard radio, no chrono clock, no extra leather, no rear wheel steer, standard lights, nothing else. Im sort of a weight nerd so would be interested in how much weight between different lights, rear wheel steer verses none, etc. Iam pulling out my scales when I get my car and intend to document weight savings in making a few non invasive changes like battery and wheels, maybe a few weight reducing suspension and exhaust mods.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

The cool thing about a wrap versus paint is you can live with it for a while and see if you like it long term. If you decide it is not quite what you thought it would be you just pull it back off. I say make it your own, drive the snot out of it and have fun.

I tried to make my T as light as possible while still maintaining a few of the things I thought important. I plan on weighing my car once I get it as well.
I have learned from a race car livery designer that a full wrap comes in around 9lbs, PPF is a lot thicker than a normal color change wrap so it comes in around 12 lbs
Old 11-06-2018, 01:46 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 426 Likes on 186 Posts

Has anyone figured out what the lightest configuration of the T turns out to be? Not even I did lightest possible but I know Im pretty close - I upgraded to boat anchor Bose with more speakers/subwoofer (my tunes are important) and I like look of Chrono clock but Im sure I could have saved lbs if I had deleted those. Im thinking lightest config in US would be buckets with rear seat delete, PCCB, standard radio, no chrono clock, no extra leather, no rear wheel steer, standard lights, nothing else. Im sort of a weight nerd so would be interested in how much weight between different lights, rear wheel steer verses none, etc. Iam pulling out my scales when I get my car and intend to document weight savings in making a few non invasive changes like battery and wheels, maybe a few weight reducing suspension and exhaust mods.
I am the same, generally, in ordering, I will deprive myself of goodies to save weight then get light wheels.

My plan is to order the car with no options. I am getting the regular seats. I will have kids there on rare occasions. Since it is a cloth-type seat, not sure how much weight is saved with rear seat delete and CF buckets?

As for RAS, there will be more weight saving options on wheels smaller than a 20" wheel. The RAS, as I understand it only allows for 20" wheels.

If I could order this car with lightweight 19" wheels, I would.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (11-05-2019)
Old 11-06-2018, 06:05 AM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im thinking lightest config in US would be buckets with rear seat delete, PCCB, standard radio, no chrono clock, no extra leather, no rear wheel steer, standard lights, nothing else.
user blueflame has exact such a T and had the car on the scales: 1,423 kg / 3,137 lb with full gas tank

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club