Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 03:07 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tenere12
Hey you have a T-win! Guards red is a great color. I think I prefer your wheels. Drive it like you stole it!!!

When I was first locating a 2019 Carrera T, my first choice are the optional wheels that you have on your Carrera T. When my local Porsche dealer found me one, it had everything that I wanted with the exception of the optional wheels. Now that I have had it for a couple of months, the standard wheels have really grown on me plus they are really easy to clean
There they look great imho.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:48 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by droidfan
Ahhh that will be very cool, breakfast ? Sorry I won't be able to make it as I have other plans for tomorrow and want to keep the car in the garage until it gets wrapped next week. I have been to Alice's the first week I got the car and the mountain road was fun. but we got a few scary moments with some big trucks...

We should definitively regroup all of us and do something like that in the near future.

Fabrice
No worries. I'm sure we'll have opportunity. A RL member here created a FB group which I thought was nice (perhaps easier to create group event). I posted up the pictures from Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1665581810203564/
Old 07-09-2019, 07:28 PM
droidfan
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just got my 911 T back after having the read window replaced. Seems everything went fine. Show she is at Protective Film Solutions (PFS) for some Xple and ClearPlex and wheels ceramic coating.

Here she is just before going to PFS. Carrera GT in the back BTW.

Fabrice

The following users liked this post:
Ukkid74 (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 596 Likes on 276 Posts

The following 4 users liked this post by Ukkid74:
AlpineR (07-10-2019), GT3FZS (11-17-2019), S S (07-09-2019), Wing Commander (07-10-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 08:36 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

^^^ This!!!

Old 07-09-2019, 10:56 PM
gabbar
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by .moo.
No worries. I'm sure we'll have opportunity. A RL member here created a FB group which I thought was nice (perhaps easier to create group event). I posted up the pictures from Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1665581810203564/
Another T owner in bay area. Not a facebook user but will keep an eye for any meet up post on RL
The following users liked this post:
jimmymoO (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 11:44 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by droidfan
Just got my 911 T back after having the read window replaced. Seems everything went fine. Show she is at Protective Film Solutions (PFS) for some Xple and ClearPlex and wheels ceramic coating.

Here she is just before going to PFS. Carrera GT in the back BTW.

Fabrice
That looks like my dealership! Are you getting the whole car PPF? or just the front?

I have front PPF and considering getting the rest of the car done now before I regret. How much did PFS quoted you if you don't mind me asking? (PM me!)
Old 07-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

PPF? I'll dig out my old thread BUT if you are going to drive it a lot I do recommend at least the front being done. See this thread for an update. https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1146...coating-2.html
Old 07-10-2019, 12:31 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Anyone else regretting not PPF'ing the exterior rear wheel arch area behind the rear wheel? I haven't done too much gravel... but that area is really pitted/messed up.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Anyone else regretting not PPF'ing the exterior rear wheel arch area behind the rear wheel? I haven't done too much gravel... but that area is really pitted/messed up.
If you go back in this thread (I think), I had asked a bunch of folks about PPF. I ended up doing the full front (hood, bumper, fenders), A pillars, side view mirrors, and about 6 inches of the roof. My PPF guy told me to leave the factory piece in front of the rear wheels and just remove it when it yellows, then replace with Xpel. I took delivery of the T in November and drove through some nasty road gravel/sand. Noticed that the bottom part just under the factory protective film was getting beat up. It's the piece on the car that has a rough/textured finish in the paint (for good reason). I was bummed out and talked to my PPF guy about it. He polished out most of the rock chips and put a long strip of Xpel on it. So, in hindsight, I would definitely cover that. Hope that makes sense.

PS: My reasoning for going with PPF at all in the end was that I would rather regret spending $2000, then dealing with a ton of chips and regretting not getting PPF. What's worse in the end? I'm pretty sure I would have had some chips on the hood and bumper by now.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:42 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

I decided to not do PPF at all on this car (other than leaving in-place the factory clear panels in front of the rear wheels). That decision has actually made the whole "drive it, love it, and not worry/obsess about each little nick" a lot easier. Definitely getting small chips, windshield strikes, and some rash along the rockers. But it is giving her character and I don't mind doing my own paint correction, etc. Had I done a limited color, different call probably, but White makes it an easier fix as well.

SS
Old 07-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
I decided to not do PPF at all on this car (other than leaving in-place the factory clear panels in front of the rear wheels). That decision has actually made the whole "drive it, love it, and not worry/obsess about each little nick" a lot easier. Definitely getting small chips, windshield strikes, and some rash along the rockers. But it is giving her character and I don't mind doing my own paint correction, etc. Had I done a limited color, different call probably, but White makes it an easier fix as well.

SS
Interesting. Having done PPF gives me the same freedom to just drive it and not worry.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:42 PM
droidfan
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
Interesting. Having done PPF gives me the same freedom to just drive it and not worry.
Yep, that is why i decided to do PPF even if that cost quite some money.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:50 PM
PittDoc
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I didn't PPF anything (not a fan, I prefer old school polish on my black paint). After 5K of combo highway and backroads the factory guard in front of the rear wheels is pretty beat up along with a halo of tiny chips outside the factory protection. Elsewhere on the car there is only one tiny chip on the front bumper. Thinking about cleaning up the current paint damage and applying PPF to the entire rear quarters. Or a much larger piece in front of the rear tire. Any experience with that approach?
Old 07-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by S S

SS
I’m in the same camp. I don’t have the time, energy or mental capacity to obsess over the little things. Having this mentality has actually allowed me to enjoy my T 10x more than worrying about every little thing.

Best part about it? Not a single scratch/ding etc to date and I’m at 4K miles.

Last edited by Scorponok; 09-11-2019 at 06:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scorponok:
GT3FZS (11-17-2019), S S (07-12-2019)

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club