Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 09:28 PM
chowdah
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
I dropped down to 30/36 cold (standard, vice comfort in PCM Multifunction) and am much more happy. The dealer put them on fully loaded psi out of the gate and that was crazy hard for me... Good luck!
Originally Posted by Ikone
Thanks S S.

Yeah, I will definitely drop it. Dealer did the same with mine.
Me three! 41/51 front/rear PSI hot! Remember to check it at your first fill-up b/c we're all too excited to drive-off w/o asking.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:56 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by dlb
At a car meet this weekend with a lot of Porsche heavy metal. Several GT3 Tourings, three '19 RS'. GT2 RS etc. Guess how many Carrera T's? That's right. One. 1. Uno......for one reason or another they are rare birds. We know the numbers support this
At the Hershey PA Porsche Parts Swap Meet there were only 2 Carrera T's...mine and a silver one out of hundreds of 911's.

But...Carrera T's weren't popular from the get go. There's only been a recent surge of "oh ****...it is good" which coincided with the end of production.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:04 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

Just got my mini-T today!

I am impressed with the level of detailing. The script in the back and on the side decal is perfect. And the color match to GT Silver is also spot-on!

It is nice to have found an exact version of my car. It took exactly 6 days from France to the US from SelectionRS.

Now I just need to apply some tint film on the roof to match my glass sunroof...

Cheers!

Old 05-01-2019, 12:10 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

The car is nice, but not as nice as your kick *** coffee table!
Old 05-01-2019, 12:24 AM
stevenvillatoro
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
Just got my mini-T today... It took exactly 6 days from France to the US from SelectionRS.
Interesting. I got #32/100 last week from the same source. They must count backwards!?

Congrats!
Old 05-01-2019, 01:04 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
The car is nice, but not as nice as your kick *** coffee table!
Hahaha. Thanks!

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Interesting. I got #32/100 last week from the same source. They must count backwards!?

Congrats!
I got 30 and 37. Got one for my son too, he collects 1/43 scale Porsches. They were actually sold-out and had to order these from the manufacturer. Like a real Carrera T, hahaha.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:05 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 426 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo
Sound is fuller and is just a notch up from stock muffler inside car. It’s little louder outside but not obnoxious. Overall very pleased. With factory tips on can’t tell it’s not oem. ....Until you start up motor. Lighter than oem muffler. Sharkwerks uses low volume high quality US based fabricator to make this system and it shows. Couple week lead time to build but worth the wait! Very nice piece ..
I want a little more noise...
The car is loud, but with the extra tire/road noise in the T, it drowns out the engine and exhaust, IMO.
Preferably wanting something with more pitch and not a deep sound. Something with character!
Again, I do not want a deep throaty exhaust, in my experience that comes with drone at various RPM’s.
I have considered 300cel cats / intake / exhaust, but still researching for the right sound.
Any recommendations fellow T owners?
Old 05-01-2019, 08:26 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 96 Posts

I am impressed with the level of detailing. The script in the back and on the side decal is perfect. And the color match to GT Silver is also spot-on!

It is nice to have found an exact version of my car. It took exactly 6 days from France to the US from SelectionRS.

Now I just need to apply some tint film on the roof to match my glass sunroof...

Cheers!

Do you have a model order # and the web site.
Thanks
Old 05-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by siete-speed
I want a little more noise...
The car is loud, but with the extra tire/road noise in the T, it drowns out the engine and exhaust, IMO.
Preferably wanting something with more pitch and not a deep sound. Something with character!
Again, I do not want a deep throaty exhaust, in my experience that comes with drone at various RPM’s.
I have considered 300cel cats / intake / exhaust, but still researching for the right sound.
Any recommendations fellow T owners?
Ive run the titanium akrapovic muffler with stock headers/cats, and currently have the full steel kline system (headers/200cell cats/xpipe). Both are really awesome and you can tell the car has an exhaust note change (volume and character) Akra has a different pitch due to titanium, havent heard the inconnel kline in person. The kline system is less drony due to the x pipe design and sounds meaner (obvioulsly with headers/high flow cats). The car sounds like its on fire above 5k rpm with the kline but has the most turbo noise outside at low speed (more flow).
If youre going for different pitch then titanium is a good option, but I would say the steel kline exhaust system is glorious. Ill hope to make a video in the next month or two of stock vs akra vs kline, 3 different Ts.
The following users liked this post:
19T (07-06-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 274 Posts

Cheers!
Minichamps are great value for 1:43 scale models, although this one is about twice the price of their 1:43 scale models. I have a few and one in 1:18. I've ordered the T, but all the pics I've seen the agate gray wheels and mirrors look off. I also think they didn't do a good job on the flakes in the metallic paint. They seem way too big for the 1:43 scale. Unfortunately it's the only model available. Schuco is a notch above but doesn't have one. And then of course there are companies like Exoto and CMC (along with a few others), but none have the T.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't mess with any aspects of the model and just keep it under the clear cover. They are meant to be collectibles and just displayed. That is, if you care about the collectibility of it.

Last edited by Ikone; 05-01-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-01-2019, 02:57 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 199 Posts

Hahaha. Thanks!

I got 30 and 37. Got one for my son too, he collects 1/43 scale Porsches. They were actually sold-out and had to order these from the manufacturer. Like a real Carrera T, hahaha.
For reference, these were not available directly through minichamps, they were produced as a special run for car.tima a stuttgart retailer (and web) of model cars.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by chowdah
Me three! 41/51 front/rear PSI hot! Remember to check it at your first fill-up b/c we're all too excited to drive-off w/o asking.
Am running 29 psi (fronts) and 31 psi (rears) as per the manual for part load/comfort and am very happy with how the car feels.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
For reference, these were not available directly through minichamps, they were produced as a special run for car.tima a stuttgart retailer (and web) of model cars.
Is that the case for all the colors or just some? I did see a special white one with red rims on ebay at one point from car.tima.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Am running 29 psi (fronts) and 31 psi (rears) as per the manual for part load/comfort and am very happy with how the car feels.
I think that's what mine is now and psi usually goes up to about 32/35 when hot.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
I think that's what mine is now and psi usually goes up to about 32/35 when hot.
Agreed. The 29 and 31 psi were at about 20 degrees centigrade, when the car was parked and ‘cold’. Pressures certainly get higher when the car’s driven.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club