Props to Javier Gerena & Porsche of Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 03:11 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Props to Javier Gerena & Porsche of Tampa

Guys,
I'm a big believer in giving props and credit when they are due.
In Dec i started shopping around for a 991.2 GTS Cab. At first i was looking at CPO or lot inventory, but after intensive looking, i noticed that my MT hard requirement, along with a few other requirements are nowhere to be found.
So that is when i decided to hunt for a 2018 GTS Cab allocation. Trying to do that in late Dec, right before the new year and with the 992 on the horizon, i found it very hard to come by one.
A few guys were trying to help, but they didn't have an actual allocation and promised to try and trade a Turbo allocation for my GTS, but it came with a full MSRP request.
Credit is due there as well for Alex Yepes @ The Collection Miami and Erik Asplund @ Jack Daniels Motors. Thank you both for trying to help.

But as i tell my 2 boys, "we never give up", i kept looking and calling around for hours until i came across Porsche of Tampa and a few others that I will not mention their names, that actually had an allocation.
The biggest problem i had was that most were actually playing allocation games, trying to sell me on an allocation that is already on someone else name but they are not sure that they will follow through. It was a strange game, as they were telling me that they have an actual allocation, and they will sell it to me but when asked to see a print screen of the allocation, they always had an actual customer name on there already.
Poking around i found out that these are actually sold allocation with deposits on them, but the SA was not sure if they will be followed through when it came closer to lock date. So happy i did the homework and with the help of people on this forum didn't fall to that trap and maybe find out that I wouldn't have an allocation at all after a long wait if they weren't canceled (that usual call from the SA saying that they couldn't get a hold of that allocation or something went wrong).

What made Porsche of Tampa shine was the service, responsiveness, willingness to help and no BS that Javier showed.
This time it was for real, an actual allocation for a car i want with a team that is actually not playing games.
Javier created the needed docs, contract, agreed pricing and we had my name shown on the allocation the next day, verified by PNA and we were all set.
During Jan Javier helped getting a few items added to the build and made sure i'm up to date on the progress of the car.
Even though it was due for delivery on Apr 15th, we actually got it Mar 23rd.

When the car arrived Javier helped getting it to a local PPF guy "Auto Paint Guard" (another top class business owner that i'll review in a separate thread), pulling strings with needed emblems that had to be removed and a few other small items.

All in all i must say that i have worked very hard to get to this point where i can make my childhood dream come true, owning a brand new 911 that i built. And i have to say that Javier Gerena and Porsche of Tampa had a big part in making that dream come true.

So for anyone that is looking to get in to a new Porsche, i'd more than recommend reaching out to Javier Gerena & Porsche of Tampa if you want a top class experience.

Thank you Javier...
SBA

Old 03-28-2018, 04:02 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, beautiful car! I totally agree, I bought mine there as well and could not have had a better experience. Look forward to seeing you around Tampa.... top down on Bayshore is a beautiful way to start any day!
Old 03-28-2018, 04:14 PM
crbiker
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on a beautiful car!

Informative story also. Enjoy!
Old 03-28-2018, 04:44 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Thank you Hawkeye911 & crbiker
It's just so hard to find people who actually do their job the right way.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:51 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Congrats!!!

I am totally in agreement as far as allocation games. If they would do that to a customer with a deposit, how potentially upfront and honest would they necessarily be with you? If they tried that on me, I would have definitely looked elsewhere.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:57 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Thank you Hurricane.
I was shocked how many dealers were playing that game.
I found that there were 4 allocations left, 2 out of the 4 were playing games, couldn't;t find where that 3rd allocation was and Javier and Porsche of Tampa came through.
That is why i had to keep going to PNA to really find out.

Well, it's history now and i wanted to make the good guys stand out
Old 03-28-2018, 05:28 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Great car and informative description. Tricky game in States with 911s.

I feel quite happy that I have managed to secure an allocation immediately.
My dealer informed me yesterday that they can see my order in their online system confirmed by Porsche AG for production on June.

Last date for modifications 20th April.
Time for ED planning...
Old 03-28-2018, 05:31 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

nilaz, great times ahead. Many changes, add-on before it locks. I think it's intended that way so you have enough time to keep adding items
Enjoy the journey...
Old 03-28-2018, 09:44 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Ive dealt with Reeves - Porsche of Tampa for many years. (since they were a audi-porsche dealer) Its great to have a relationship with your dealer and Reeves Porsche has always been a friend to me. I dont think theres any better service dept in the US. (thanks to DJ)
And Javier is very knowledgeable and has alot of experience. He did work on my car when he was in the motorsport dept.
For anybody in this area that wants ppf or detailing, theres only one shop, Auto Paint Guard and Ryan.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:35 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by okbarnett
Ive dealt with Reeves - Porsche of Tampa for many years. (since they were a audi-porsche dealer) Its great to have a relationship with your dealer and Reeves Porsche has always been a friend to me. I dont think theres any better service dept in the US. (thanks to DJ)
And Javier is very knowledgeable and has alot of experience. He did work on my car when he was in the motorsport dept.
For anybody in this area that wants ppf or detailing, theres only one shop, Auto Paint Guard and Ryan.
Wow, that is great. It shows that I td their way of life in doing business. I was told that miss Reeves is past her 80’s and she still comes in every day. What a great story, hats off to her and what they built.

As for Ryan, what a professional.
Ill write up a review with pictures of his work. It’s amazing how much he cares for his work.

Couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

👏👏👏
Old 03-28-2018, 10:41 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Awesome Ben. Best of luck with the new GTS.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:47 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Thank you 🤙
Old 03-28-2018, 10:48 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the GTS club, she's a beauty!

Pro tip: Rear wing doubles as a comfortable bench!.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:32 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Congrats! Fix your wing!
Old 03-29-2018, 12:56 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

Congratulations! Nice story, way to hang in there and get your car. It’s a beauty.

Quick Reply: Props to Javier Gerena & Porsche of Tampa