Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Base/S/GTS Modification & Race Track Prep Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 03:58 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,186 Likes on 626 Posts

Brakes are never wasted. These Carerra 3.0TT are severely under brakes from factory. If you tune them, then are considerably faster than many cars out there. They need good brakes. Any improvement is welcomed, but you will burn though them at a silly rate and quickly have spent more than what a decent setup would have cost.

My point still stands that if your budget is limited, make sure you assign a good amount to brakes. It will save you money in the long run.

I’ve never heard anyone say they were suffering from having too good of brakes. Or complaining their rotors and pads last too ling at the track.
The following users liked this post:
IRunalot (01-05-2024)
Old 11-14-2023, 05:43 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

@4 Point 0

Outstanding Stuff.
The following 2 users liked this post by phefner:
4 Point 0 (11-15-2023), IRunalot (01-05-2024)
Old 11-15-2023, 10:53 AM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,128 Likes on 676 Posts

Just a little update as I am getting closer to my B16 spring upgrade/top mount.

I was all set on pulling the trigger on the GT3 Cup front and rear pillow ball mounts. As it turns out, the fronts, at least, will not fit on Carrera shocks, unfortunately. Although the shock pins (threaded portion) are the same diameter, the pin length is different (shorter). This also means that the "Race Spec" plates from companies like Tarett, Rennline, etc will also NOT work on Carrera shocks. I still suspect the rear will work as 991 Carrera rear mounts are the same as GT3 mounts. If you want to use the other brands Race Spec plates you need to move to GT3 or Cup front shocks with the longer pin.

So I was feeling pretty disappointed, as there are no high-quality pillowball conversion kits on the market for Carrera shocks. Just the Club Sport style which is the same non pillowball setup for progressive springs.

As a hail mary, I sent an email off to a vendor here on RL, who responded with something that they are currently prototyping and plan to bring to market sometime next year. It was exactly what I needed, VICTORY! I am going to do some testing for them to see if it will work on my B16 shocks, which we expect it will. This kit will apply to all 991 Carreras on OEM style shocks. You guys are going to be excited when you see this. This company has again identified a gap in the market and has knocked this one out of the park. It will be the perfect complement to their already other popular product.

I should have some pictures and information to share next week

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 11-15-2023 at 11:30 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by AdamSanta85:
4 Point 0 (11-15-2023), enzotcat (11-15-2023), IRunalot (11-17-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 03:33 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,186 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
I'm going to expound on 4 point 0's post a little bit further, as he makes some fantastic points about brakes and the buy once, cry once principle. .
Great stuff, and I’m stealing, Buy once, cry once. I always heard it, buy well, buy once, or poor people pay twice.

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85

I should have some pictures and information to share next week
Great stuff. Are you on insta? I know someone that put 100/150 on his bilsteins and would also be interested in this.

(Southseaswell?)

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 11-15-2023 at 03:35 PM.
AdamSanta85 (11-15-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 05:59 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,128 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Great stuff, and I’m stealing, Buy once, cry once. I always heard it, buy well, buy once, or poor people pay twice.

Great stuff. Are you on insta? I know someone that put 100/150 on his bilsteins and would also be interested in this.

(Southseaswell?)
Thats me. I don't post much on there but IIRC we have exchanged messages, I thnk I was bothering you about seat airbag lights.

4 Point 0 (11-16-2023)
Old 01-05-2024, 02:15 AM
dwonda
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
You can call me names. I understand the weight of what is being proposed and the potential it can have on your company and your product, so your emotions are understandable.
You can be there when we do the test or you can not be a part of it and see the results. At this point, I am 100% going forward with the testing to get the answers.
I am also 100% certain that if the results are not favorable you will find something to try and blame for it, but I am doing this for me and anyone who is still interested in buying your headers.

I will post up the before and after charts and let the public decide for themselves, I will also make my own determination based on the same chart.
As far as taking this to PM/DM, I have no interest in back room discussions, I prefer that everything is above board and in the public eye so that all of the terms and points are available to go back and review.

"So if our results, and Moto IQ, and Customers results line up... why the speculation?"
Because all of them show different results, were taken on different dynos and frankly, I do not believe any of them.

"It seems to me that if our product was crap, it would be seen by at LEAST one of the public sources so far."
Who? Your own result? MotoIQ results who I have never even heard of before? Maybe the anonymous customer?

IPD has sold far more pieces than you have and no one questioned their results until it was independently proven to show overall DECREASED performance over stock.
I am in a WIN WIN position here. If your headers provide improvements over stock then I get to reap the benefits of a superior part providing increased performance for my car.
If it is garbage, then I get to show the world its junk, save Porsche owners tens of thousands of dollars, disprove your graphs and be the savior of this thread.

How can I lose..

Signed,

"speculative forum lackey"
Hey there, you don't know me, but let me say after reading every comment of yours in this thread I feel like I am getting to know you a bit. I just wanted to say this comment was epic, I was rolling!

In all seriousness I absolutely appreciate your ruthlessness for getting hard evidence, not accepting unknowns in that evidence, and not trusting what anyone says, and keeping communication with the vendor public. I think the aftermarket market is flooded, and there are way too many people out there (especially in the computer tuning world) who think they are the best, which isn't possible, not everyone needs to be the best anyways, you have a less good product? Fine, sell it for less, there is a market for people looking to spend less as well. It's like everyone is a hip hop artist now, everyone is the best, and nobody can touch this. And like you've suggested previously, I don't think people even need to try that hard for loyalty and praise, you spend $10k on a part, what are you going to do, be embarrassed or praise it as the next best thing? I don't know the answer to that, all I know is there is way too much ignorance out there seeking emotional reasoning i.e. branding, relationships, and bull**** artistry. Drives me insane when I see tuners and shops promoting parts, showing before and after dynos, with their base line being stock (and no tune) and the next being, the part installed WITH a tune, just stop it already.

Anyways, I anxiously await the results of your Dyno testing, when do you think you'll get to it?

Quick Reply: 991.2 Base/S/GTS Modification & Race Track Prep Thread