Sponsored by:

Front Facing car seat C4S Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 08:40 AM
Michaelrkuhn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Facing car seat C4S Cabriolet

I know the question has been asked before, but it seems my searching skills only turn up results for a coupe. Therefore i figured I'd ask for any suggestions for a forward facing car seat for a 991 c4s cabriolet? I'm on car seat number two, after trying the Diono Radian Rxt, and the Combi Coccoro. The Diono was tight and rubbed the top due to it height and the Combi while a good height and width, the bottom would slide out. Any help would be appreciated. I used a Cybex Aton 2 rear facing and it made for a great weekend family cruiser. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:35 AM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

What is the age and weight of the child you are putting in this seat?

Our daughter is 6 and we've been very happy with the Cosco Topside booster.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:09 PM
Michaelrkuhn
Intermediate

She is turning 1 but very tall at 33 inches & 25 pounds. Probably a little early to have her forward facing, but for short drives she will be ok.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:23 PM
SRQporsche
AutoX

I just bought a C4S cab and fit the Diono in back seat front facing. I placed some small rubber pieces behind the seat where it was rubbing. I've already removed the seat a few times and haven't noticed any indentations. After trying several car seats the Diono definitely fit best.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Michaelrkuhn
Intermediate

Thank you for your help. Which Diono ? The rxt was really tall so the top corners were rubbing on the liner on the top. Maybe i just did a bad job installing. Any chance you could send a pic on the install. Thank you again
Old 03-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Valvefloat991
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Two points. The notion of short drives being OK is dubious. Remember the old joke that since 90 percent of accidents occur within 15 miles of your home, to be safe you shouldn't drive within 15 miles of your home.

And the sizing of the child seat should be determined by your child and where the shoulder belt falls. The belt need to be across your child's chest. If it falls across her throat, the seat is too low for your child. If the belt is down int he stomach area, it is too high. I understand your desire to not damage your seat, but that's really a distant secondary priority.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:13 PM
jdedeux
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Michaelrkuhn
Thank you for your help. Which Diono ? The rxt was really tall so the top corners were rubbing on the liner on the top. Maybe i just did a bad job installing. Any chance you could send a pic on the install. Thank you again
+1 I need to figure this out soon before my gts coupe arrives. Looks like diono are meant to be slimmer profile, hence their claim to fit 3 across in most sedans. Guessing this is the best shot I have at making it fit in the gts unless other brands have proven ok. My child is 4 but she’s small so I can’t do boosters any time soon.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:18 PM
Michaelrkuhn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Valvefloat991
Two points. The notion of short drives being OK is dubious. Remember the old joke that since 90 percent of accidents occur within 15 miles of your home, to be safe you shouldn't drive within 15 miles of your home.

And the sizing of the child seat should be determined by your child and where the shoulder belt falls. The belt need to be across your child's chest. If it falls across her throat, the seat is too low for your child. If the belt is down int he stomach area, it is too high. I understand your desire to not damage your seat, but that's really a distant secondary priority.
I agree. I meant going forward facing versus extended rear facing. With the height, i meant the height of the seat. The rxt extends 6+ inches above the seat back. The combi was equal in height to the seat back. The reason the rxt didn't work was the excess height combined with the width hits the headliner. Her head is 12 inches below that and the strap set al fit perfect.

As for the seat, definitely agree. Honestly, i could care less about it. More about function of the top, since the sides on the top of the car seat rub the headliner.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:47 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

You can always buy a new seat cushion if it gets damaged but you can't buy a new kid. Not legally anyway.

Quick Reply: Front Facing car seat C4S Cabriolet