Sponsored by:

Rennlist transaction rant

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 02:47 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Rennlist transaction rant

I sold my Soul Headers on here and the buyer was great. Reasonable questions but far from excessive. Paypal when he said - no problems. Would have no problems selling to him again.

USPS - What a freakin nightmare this was!

I went to the post office to ship a couple of things. While in line to make sure I was ready and not wasting the long line of peoples' time behind me, I filled out out the stickers with the addresses - 2 of them! The other package just needed a small, cushioned envelope. I personally placed the address sticker on the package with the headers. On delivery day, the receiver says the tracking number says delivered to another part of NYC. Crap, It's my first dealing with this person who sent me over $1K on blind faith that he would get the headers. Come to find out the people at the post office put a second address label on the headers box; the right one which I applied and next to it, the additional label. Luckily, I was flying in and out of Boston that week to do some business near Hartford so I changed the rental car drop off to JFK and drove into queens to retrieve the package and back to the area only about 10 miles away (but driving in NYC area is like dog years in terms of time) to deliver to the right address. Luckily it worked out and the buyer was exceptionally understanding and patient. My OCD makes me have to pay someone back even if it's a dime to buy a soda so this was very bothersome to me and I was happy to be able to rectify.

USPS.... after waiting on hold for 2 hours says I have to fill out a claim at the local office.... they then conceded to fill it out for me and said to wait 10 business days.... I called the local offices and the lady asks me 100 irrelevant questions. The most frustrating one was to name the person working that Monday. Come to find out it was her - and I was livid because i told her the time and day and that there was but one sole worker... She denied the probability of putting a second label on it even after I told her I had proof in the form of pictures. The post office is as bad as the DMV now for worker giving a damn about the people they are there to serve.

Thank you to Cesar here on Rennlist for being patient and understanding. Luckily I was in a position to only delay the delivery by a day. I love the people on here that I've interacted with in real life!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:57 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

The USPS sucks. I always use FedEx.

Dealing with USPS is painful. They don't care and typical gov't job. No customer service.

Plus USPS has gotten so expensive and sketchy. I sent my old iPhone back to AT&T for the trade in program and they never got it. Cost me like $400. Never again. I can't stand seeing the turtle like service there with not a worry in the world attitude.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:59 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
The USPS sucks. I always use FedEx.

Dealing with USPS is painful. They don't care and typical gov't job. No customer service.

Plus USPS has gotten so expensive and sketchy. I sent my old iPhone back to AT&T for the trade in program and they never got it. Cost me like $400. Never again.
This cost me 4 hours of driving time and $250 to return my rental to a different location.... Plus the frustration of dealing with morons. Happy I could fix but the pain was excruciating.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:02 PM
LandCruiser
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Rolex Submariner serviced recently and sent it off by Registered Mail.

USPS threw a 14k watch into a rural roadside mailbox instead of taking it to my front door like they were supposed to.

They even got a "signature" claiming to have hand delivered it to "customer man" at the front door.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:18 PM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

i never use the post office for anything. UPS or Fedex only
Old 03-19-2018, 03:23 PM
*991*
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
This cost me 4 hours of driving time and $250 to return my rental to a different location.... Plus the frustration of dealing with morons. Happy I could fix but the pain was excruciating.
I shipped usps some parts for a member on another forum and usps somehow shipped the part to every city on the east coast except the one it was supposed to go to... The guy who bought the parts was very understanding as it was almost commical to which city the parts were going to next of course i was pissed because after almost 2 weeks of this i was getting ready to refund the guy his money when they showed up at his door.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:26 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

A Failed Mission: U.S. Postal Service Details Another Massive Loss For The 2017 Fiscal Year

Today, the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) released its financial report for the 2017 fiscal year in which its leadership detailed a greatly concerning loss of $2.7 billion. These results, while unsurprising, point to a critical need for USPS leaders, regulators and lawmakers to institute improved management practices for the agency that has suffered multi-billion losses for eleven consecutive years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevepo.../#cf2680b7f79a
Old 03-19-2018, 03:40 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

My experience with USPS for packages has been flat awful. I won’t use them at all.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:49 PM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

USPS is good for postcards and things you don't care about, sorry, R-Rated for learning the hard way. For us, two wedding dresses got lost last year and almost didn't make it in time. My wife had calls in to half the customer support people at one point. My son gets many things mis-delivered or not delivered, they don't get signatures when they should. Avoid USPS.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

When I buy stuff from Amazon, I cringe when I see a USPS tracking number. More than once I got notifications that the packages have been delivered but there's nothing in the mailbox, only to receive them days later.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:42 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

One thing we can all agree on here on Rennlist.

USPS sucks.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:04 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

You must not ship items often. USPS for auto parts = no bueno.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:32 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Gah! Yeah, I largely rely on UPS for shipping boxes with goods of any value.

Sign up for an account using a PayPal account and you'll get reasonably nice discounts too.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:34 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Your efforts certainly show what a stand-up guy you are. Kudos.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:44 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with STG, use FEDEX. I recommend that you sign up for an account and tie it to a credit card. You'll also get a decent discount and free computer labels.

Quick Reply: Rennlist transaction rant