Sponsored by:

‘18 C4S Night Blue full body paint protection film install

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 08:13 PM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ‘18 C4S Night Blue full body paint protection film install

I took my night blue C4S early yesterday morning from Indian Wells in the desert over to Costa Mesa to have Moe and his team at Glistening Perfection perform a full car paint protection film install topped with a nano coat for full effect. This car was delivered to me in December and I have been doing a good amount of research since on all the different options and scenarios available as many have posted before me. Having been driven for three months I decided to do a paint rejuvenation in order to seal an original condition paint under the film. I had basically decided on doing a full car install but still had many questions on technique, products, and quality. I was led to Moe by other professionals in the industry not from this immediate area. He made it very clear through thoughtful questioning that it is a very individualized decision making process. As this car will be driven in both Montana and the desert I was looking for a good amount of protection without sacrificing the overall aesthetic of the paint. I decided to go with the Suntek Ultra and a nano coating on top. The quality and care of the installation is of utmost importance so my concerns have been alleviated after much discussion with Moe and seeing his extremely advanced facilities (stage dedicated rooms with task specific led grid lighting installed). Moe is filled with knowledge and experience along with an incredible amount of pride for his work and craft. That said I can’t wait to see the results as prep started today.

I know a lot of fellow owners out there are wrangling with the same decisions so I asked Moe to post updates on this thread as the process moves forward and he kindly agreed. Here we go!

These are a few post delivery photos taken in December (not the best of light):

Old 03-16-2018, 08:52 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

Very nice. And obviously the best color!
Old 03-16-2018, 10:42 PM
2FAST455
Advanced

+1 for Night Blue.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:45 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Were you watching the tennis? Finally someone with a MT plate that actually lives in MT.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:24 AM
wlscrib
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Ervin Wu;14875148]Were you watching the tennis? Finally someone with a MT plate that actually lives in MT.[/QUOTE
Will be in stadium 1 tomorrow for men’s semis. I have properties here but yes a Montanan. See you’re an Eastern Canadian- often wonder same bought BC and Alberta in desert not to mention Whitefish! Better to play tennis out here than watch but Fed creates an exception. You attending?
Old 03-17-2018, 01:28 AM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2FAST455
+1 for Night Blue.
I was very leery on going this color over non metallic black but have to say it really is amazing. It will give different looks depending on time of day, cloudiness etc. I am very happy I went against my black car habit and chose this. It looks fantastic and very original!
Old 03-17-2018, 01:38 AM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2FAST455
+1 for Night Blue.
Originally Posted by gellie
Very nice. And obviously the best color!
Old 03-17-2018, 08:58 AM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

Also, Time to change out the side markers!
Old 03-17-2018, 12:34 PM
Stevie 77 930
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You made the right decision to head south to Moe's shop, I surely was. Your car's appearance will be transformed by his process. I never get tired of watching his work, so I am looking forward to see his photos
Old 03-17-2018, 04:13 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=wlscrib;14875256]
Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
Were you watching the tennis? Finally someone with a MT plate that actually lives in MT.[/QUOTE
Will be in stadium 1 tomorrow for men’s semis. I have properties here but yes a Montanan. See you’re an Eastern Canadian- often wonder same bought BC and Alberta in desert not to mention Whitefish! Better to play tennis out here than watch but Fed creates an exception. You attending?
Not this time. Have fun! Not sure what you mean by buying BC and Alberta in desert and Whitefish but many Torontonians have winter houses in Florida and summer cottages in northern Ontario.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:42 PM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Stevie 77 930
You made the right decision to head south to Moe's shop, I surely was. Your car's appearance will be transformed by his process. I never get tired of watching his work, so I am looking forward to see his photos
I can’t wait. Can tell he is the ultimate perfectionist.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:45 PM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gellie

Also, Time to change out the side markers!
Ha, one step ahead as they’re on their way arriving Monday! Would think factory changes these to clear LED in near future 🤔
Old 03-18-2018, 01:23 AM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Also, great to see someone with a MT plate that actually lives there 😂
Old 03-20-2018, 02:08 AM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Paint prep underway

Old 03-20-2018, 04:06 AM
AlexLou
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Popcorns ready to watch the process
I’m scare to ask the cost but guess somewhere around 8500?

little off topic, since im new to 911 community, what’s the best place to shop for parts such as clear markers? I hate orange and eager to swap them out! Thanks ahead of time XD

Quick Reply: ‘18 C4S Night Blue full body paint protection film install