Sponsored by:

‘18 C4S Night Blue full body paint protection film install

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 01:00 AM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After 1,300 mile drive So Cal to MT

After pickup date was delayed by transport I decided to fly back and drive 911 to MT. Great decision as fun, beautiful drive and I spent resources on having it protected to put “rough” miles on car. And the miles were definitely tough from two lane desert roads to Vegas and rocks flying the last 600 miles on I90 and mountain roads to destination. I was half guessing my decision at last gas fill as the color was barely recognizable under grime and the noise of innumerable rock hits was going to put through the test upon cleaning when home. Well the full PPF wrap proved invaluable after detailing myself a couple days after arrival. Numerous hits to front, hood, and especially forward rear wheel flares. One major hit did penetrate hood and put good chip in windshield to explain how big it was with some also penetrating flares. Alas, the rest of minor imperfections on film did heal the day following detail after I sat it outside on a warm sun filled day. Can’t imagine how white speckled the car would have been withought. Great investment as those drives are what i imagine a lot of us wish to do and I now have confidence taking into the beautiful unkept mountain roads near Glacier. Moe did advise to double up on rockers and flares- did I listen, no. But those will be taken care of along with the small dent in lower bumper caused by a dog sized jackrabbit hit in CA desert at 4:00 am straight out speeds, what a blast! Selling the ‘66 427 vette if anyone knows interested

Last edited by wlscrib; 05-26-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:27 AM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by wlscrib

After pickup date was delayed by transport I decided to fly back and drive 911 to MT. Great decision as fun, beautiful drive and I spent resources on having it protected to put “rough” miles on car. And the miles were definitely tough from two lane desert roads to Vegas and rocks flying the last 600 miles on I90 and mountain roads to destination. I was half guessing my decision at last gas fill as the color was barely recognizable under grime and the noise of innumerable rock hits was going to put through the test upon cleaning when home. Well the full PPF wrap proved invaluable after detailing myself a couple days after arrival. Numerous hits to front, hood, and especially forward rear wheel flares. One major hit did penetrate hood and put good chip in windshield to explain how big it was with some also penetrating flares. Alas, the rest of minor imperfections on film did heal the day following detail after I sat it outside on a warm sun filled day. Can’t imagine how white speckled the car would have been withought. Great investment as those drives are what i imagine a lot of us wish to do and I now have confidence taking into the beautiful unkept mountain roads near Glacier. Moe did advise to double up on rockers and flares- did I listen, no. But those will be taken care of along with the small dent in lower bumper caused by a dog sized jackrabbit hit in CA desert at 4:00 am straight out speeds, what a blast! Selling the ‘66 427 vette if anyone knows interested
The Vette is gorgeous. As is the 911. One of my favorite colors. Good luck with the sale, and watch out for Dogman

Quick Reply: ‘18 C4S Night Blue full body paint protection film install