Sponsored by:

I'm Feelin' Good

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 708 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
That's the first time to see your build. I see you have the RWS and PCCB - you have this set up well for your autocross!
Thanks, Dan! I know I went a little crazy on the options (I had four different builds in mind and wound up with a fifth when it was all said and done) and spent a little more than I had planned but I will hopefully keep this one for a long time - my dream build!

I went back and forth between a few options (PCCBs and Burmester) and at the end of the day went full YOLO hahaha. A car that will be great for road trips and fun for autocross!
Old 03-14-2018, 05:00 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by TheRealBob
I was originally going to go with the GTS, but heard about some turbo problems, so I dropped back a notch. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, and limited to a small number of turbo's, but just me steering on the side of caution.
When my BMW was put out to sea, I tracked it every day, and was sure the ship would encounter conditions that at the very least would batter it beyond recognition. Amazingly, It was turned over to me looking perfect. It didn't even have dealer installed swirls.
Your build is great. It looks like a hardcore racin' machine. The sapphire really nails it for me. My present car is dark metallic grey, which looks stunning in the sun, but like a mud pie on cloudy days. I hope to avoid that drastic change with the sapphire.

Take care,
Bob
This is the first car I have had built to spec since I picked up a 2006 Corvette in Nov 2005 so I am very excited about it. It will be my first new Porsche, too (the others were used or CPO). I am really looking forward to delivery in the next few weeks!

Sapphire blue is such a gorgeous color. I love your interior (very rich looking!) and hope you post pics when you get it!

I wanted the Sapphire Blue painted interior very badly and I think it works best with black - with a two tone interior (especially non-black), it would have been too many colors. So I had to forgo the beautiful espresso/cognac interior.

Your BMW story makes me worry about the recent storms we have had! They have already delayed the ships out of Emden!
Old 03-14-2018, 05:52 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David in Talent
BEAUTIFUL build ! I have the Espresso/Cognac interior on my '16 GTS and LOVE it. I agree with nixing the yellow sport chrono. I went with all black gauges which are much easier to read. I did not like the aluminum color gauge that came with the S and the all black gauges were a NO COST option.

I had considered the color painted rocker panels but I had them on my previous C4S and they got badly chipped from road debris and looked terrible after a few miles. There is a REASON that the rockers come unpainted as standard . For that reason I would nix the painted rocker panels.

The yellow chrono is history. It's now white to match the gauges. I was wondering how the rockers would hold up, but really loved the look painted. Is the idea that it's just easier to touch up black than the body color? Can you share your thinking on it? We really don't have lots of loose sand or gravel on the roads here, unlike some areas up north.
Listening to people with experience has helped me hugely on this build. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Bob
Old 03-14-2018, 06:19 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't get SC at all. The painted rockers are a good idea.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:55 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hurricane
This is the first car I have had built to spec since I picked up a 2006 Corvette in Nov 2005 so I am very excited about it. It will be my first new Porsche, too (the others were used or CPO). I am really looking forward to delivery in the next few weeks!

Sapphire blue is such a gorgeous color. I love your interior (very rich looking!) and hope you post pics when you get it!

I wanted the Sapphire Blue painted interior very badly and I think it works best with black - with a two tone interior (especially non-black), it would have been too many colors. So I had to forgo the beautiful espresso/cognac interior.

Your BMW story makes me worry about the recent storms we have had! They have already delayed the ships out of Emden!
I've never seen any of these colors in person, so just watching lots of videos and hoping the configurator is close to being representative.
I'm really excited about owning a Porsche. My BMW has been great, but it's a family car, and I'm ready to get back in to something more exciting. I like the new M5 and the performance is exceptional, but too much like the car I already own.
I didn't mean to scare you about the boat trip. I'm sure those ships can handle all kinds of weather.
Your car is going to look great, I'm sure you'll love it.
Off topic for a second.....Just curious about your "Hurricane" username. Did you attend The University of Miami?

Bob
Old 03-14-2018, 08:23 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Do not want to scare you, but sea-going accidents do happen. I picked up my 1995 993 C2 Coupe on July 7, 1994 at the factory in Stuttgart. We drove it around Western Europe and returned it to the factory for shipment to the U.S. Nine weeks later, I still had not received the 993. I called PCNA and was told that the 993 had shifted on the boat during a rough Atlantic crossing. The right rear quarter panel had been damaged significantly and would be repaired at the receiving area. In those days, the cars were delivered to Charleston. The Porsche reception area was next to the airport. I asked PCNA if I could fly to Charleston to pick up the 993 with the contingency if I did not like the repairs, the car was not my financial obligation. I flew to Charleston when PCNA notified me the car was finished. PCNA picked me up at the airport and took me to the Porsche receiving area. I crawled around the car and prodded it everywhere. PCNA even put it on a lift so I could inspect the repairs. I drove it. It was as perfect as I would have expected if it were an undamaged new Porsche. I drove it home and kept it for 18 years.
Porsche does a good job with factory repairs.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:24 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

I've never seen any of these colors in person, so just watching lots of videos and hoping the configurator is close to being representative.
I'm really excited about owning a Porsche. My BMW has been great, but it's a family car, and I'm ready to get back in to something more exciting. I like the new M5 and the performance is exceptional, but too much like the car I already own.
I didn't mean to scare you about the boat trip. I'm sure those ships can handle all kinds of weather.
Your car is going to look great, I'm sure you'll love it.
Off topic for a second.....Just curious about your "Hurricane" username. Did you attend The University of Miami?

Bob
[]_[] Go Canes!
Old 03-14-2018, 08:33 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Looks great. I have Sapphire blue with all white gauges and love it. I think you made the right choice getting rid of the yellow SC dial. It just did not go with that interior. Also the right choice on the bose. I don't have it either and am perfectly happy without it. I think the radio sounds just fine.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:49 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

Wink

Originally Posted by freeman
Do not want to scare you, but sea-going accidents do happen. I picked up my 1995 993 C2 Coupe on July 7, 1994 at the factory in Stuttgart. We drove it around Western Europe and returned it to the factory for shipment to the U.S. Nine weeks later, I still had not received the 993. I called PCNA and was told that the 993 had shifted on the boat during a rough Atlantic crossing. The right rear quarter panel had been damaged significantly and would be repaired at the receiving area. In those days, the cars were delivered to Charleston. The Porsche reception area was next to the airport. I asked PCNA if I could fly to Charleston to pick up the 993 with the contingency if I did not like the repairs, the car was not my financial obligation. I flew to Charleston when PCNA notified me the car was finished. PCNA picked me up at the airport and took me to the Porsche receiving area. I crawled around the car and prodded it everywhere. PCNA even put it on a lift so I could inspect the repairs. I drove it. It was as perfect as I would have expected if it were an undamaged new Porsche. I drove it home and kept it for 18 years.
Porsche does a good job with factory repairs.

I was trying to make Hurricane feel better before his car embarked on its treacherous winter passage of the North Atlantic. I'm afraid he may need a sedative after reading your post.
On the other hand, it's good to know Porsche can handle almost anything at the port.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:50 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Looks great. I have Sapphire blue with all white gauges and love it. I think you made the right choice getting rid of the yellow SC dial. It just did not go with that interior. Also the right choice on the bose. I don't have it either and am perfectly happy without it. I think the radio sounds just fine.

Thanks, It's good to hear I'm headed in the right direction.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

I was trying to make Hurricane feel better before his car embarked on its treacherous winter passage of the North Atlantic. I'm afraid he may need a sedative after reading your post.
On the other hand, it's good to know Porsche can handle almost anything at the port.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:01 AM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

That's hilarious.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:07 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If y'all are truly concerned, you can use LH to ship your cars.

Quick Reply: I'm Feelin' Good