Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Porsche drivers council email. Scam? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1056400-porsche-drivers-council-email-scam.html)

AWay 03-12-2018 04:13 PM

Porsche drivers council email. Scam?

1 Attachment(s)
Did anyone else receive this email today? It just seems a bit scammy to me, especially with the 'gemailserver.com' address. Maybe it's just me but Porsche's 'official' emails always look a bit more polished.

Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone else received it and also found it odd.

Benedict14 03-12-2018 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by AWay (Post 14864404)
Did anyone else receive this email today? It just seems a bit scammy to me, especially with the 'gemailserver.com' address. Maybe it's just me but Porsche's 'official' emails always look a bit more polished.

Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone else received it and also found it odd.

Got it, but haven’t opened it. Waiting to see if anything bad happens to you. Please report back ...... if able :evilgrin:

AWay 03-12-2018 04:30 PM

Haha I'm not playing guinea pig! I forwarded to a friend smarter than me and he said that Qualtrics company looks legit. I don't know, the email just looked fishy to me. Maybe they were in charge of creating that whole email and not Porsche which is why it feels different. I don't think I'd participate even if it was legitimate, I just had an odd feeling about it.

LexVan 03-12-2018 04:32 PM

I knew a guy that got that e-mail once. Once.

Freddie Two Bs 03-12-2018 04:42 PM

Looks legit

R_Rated 03-12-2018 06:22 PM

It is legit. Btw - anyone can click on that link and take the survey for you....

StormRune 03-12-2018 06:25 PM

Of course, you just gave the world your personal invitation code with your posting of the message. If it is legit, others may have beaten you to it by now! You might want to take it down or blur out that part of it.

subshooter 03-12-2018 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by StormRune (Post 14864717)
Of course, you just gave the world your personal invitation code with your posting of the message. If it is legit, others may have beaten you to it by now! You might want to take it down or blur out that part of it.

Funny...I started taking it until it asked how much I made. lol. Not giving that info out on the internet. I'm sure someone already took it. Maybe Porsche thinks the OP makes $1m/year now.

EDIT: And you and can also unsubscribe the OP if you wanted to......lol

Gordon Shumway 03-12-2018 06:49 PM

I seriously doubt there is anything nefarious going on with that email. It's all proper English, proper spelling, close enough proper grammar, and no Nigerian prince involved.

guab 03-12-2018 06:50 PM

I find there to be a serious lack of Nigerian princes lately.

Freddie Two Bs 03-12-2018 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by subshooter (Post 14864749)
Funny...I started taking it until it asked how much I made. lol. Not giving that info out on the internet. I'm sure someone already took it. Maybe Porsche thinks the OP makes $1m/year now.

EDIT: And you and can also unsubscribe the OP if you wanted to......lol

There's an option for saying prefer not to disclose...

StormRune 03-12-2018 07:05 PM

OP's not responding yet. I guess he's AWay.

AWay 03-12-2018 07:48 PM

Yea sorry busy afternoon... Ah no biggie if someone took it for me, I wasn't planning on it anyhow. Good if it's legit, my radar just thought it was fishy.

StormRune 03-12-2018 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by AWay (Post 14864895)
Yea sorry busy afternoon... Ah no biggie if someone took it for me, I wasn't planning on it anyhow. Good if it's legit, my radar just thought it was fishy.

Yeah, it is wise to check out anything that comes in unexpected like that and has embedded links for you to click on. The visible links and the real links underlying them (which are sometimes totally different) are always something to check too.

Thanks for not minding my corny AWay joke a couple of posts back :)

AWay 03-13-2018 06:28 AM

Ha no worries. I’m actually going to PM you about the Austin F1 GP in a second if you don’t mind. We’re thinking of going for the first time this year.