FF1 Street Transmission mount review

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 07:44 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Default FF1 Street Transmission mount review

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/FF199XTM.html

One of my favorite upgrades to date. The Factory mount has a lot of void in the space within the mounts. This product fills that space with polyurethane. Install took about an hour but I am confident I could complete in 20 minutes if I had the opportunity to do again. You do need to get close to the center of the car AND have a jack to relieve the tension on the transmission for easy install. Managing these logistics is the most challenging aspect of the install.

Results:

Not mind blowing in standard mode. Slight additional vibration. This could be a deal breaker for some and if you're in the camp of having the car as an appliance; in this case, then it's probably not the mod for you - I also have an opinion that a 911 (particularly an NA car) and given the noise level of the cabin already, that this is not the right car for you anyway Just my opinion, YMMV. For anyone using this as a weekend, track, therapy car, I highly recommend this.

In SPORT mode the shifts are noticeably snappier and the gears do bang quicker. There is quite a bit of improvement where I didn't think an improvement was possible on one of the best transmissions available. Bonus that there is an improvement and I believe added longevity to the PDK unit over software - if you are in the software camp, this would likely compound results. I'd imagine it would also tighten up a manual and I'd have this in addition to a SSK if my car was a manual.

Between this mod, springs, the 10% increase in power and improved throttle response, the car is improved as much [IMO] as the change from 997.1 to 997.2 as a guesstimate. Not cheap package but a bargain against selling and acquiring a newer model and I get to keep the NA engine!
Old 03-14-2018, 03:48 AM
LTP
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nice! was thinking to do this, did u upgrade Cobb pdk mapping?
Old 03-14-2018, 07:36 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LTP
nice! was thinking to do this, did u upgrade Cobb pdk mapping?
No and I’m not planning on it.... normal is lazy in comparison to sport and sport plus but lightning fast compared to my bummers with ZF. Sport is perfect for spirited driving and sport plus is actually a little more aggressive than I like. The blushing tightened it up to my perfection!

If I didn’t think this was perfect as is, I would try the COBB but am also afraid of buying a transmission.... I like COBB but have driven a car with their ECU tune and after experiencing the FVD tune, I feel their tunes are a good generic tune based on math and theory but not real world porsche experience. In other words they do some things that up the power a little but the fvd tune is much smoother. A pdk tune in “theory” is not one I’m willing to risk my tranny in if that makes sense.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:41 PM
GTSpure
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 80 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by GTSpure; 10-07-2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2023, 03:39 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 922 Likes on 549 Posts

This mod makes an even more noticeable difference on manual cars. Makes the shifting feel more direct and improves throttle response. Def the orange one. Any stiffer would be too much for most imo.
Old 10-08-2023, 05:29 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

I second that. The shift feel in my M/T was another level awesome. But the additional vibration was a touch too much for my DD. I had the softest Orange inserts.
For weekend only I would have left them in but on DD I took them out after 800 miles.
If anyone wants mine feel free to ping. -shameless sale addvert 😀
Old 10-09-2023, 12:31 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 922 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by malahhaor
I second that. The shift feel in my M/T was another level awesome. But the additional vibration was a touch too much for my DD. I had the softest Orange inserts.
For weekend only I would have left them in but on DD I took them out after 800 miles.
If anyone wants mine feel free to ping. -shameless sale addvert 😀
then you add numeric racing cables and it’s even worst lol in regards to NVH. But huge improvement in shifter feel.

Old 10-09-2023, 06:22 AM
Sarawnty
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500
then you add numeric racing cables and it’s even worst lol in regards to NVH. But huge improvement in shifter feel.
Exactly. I have Numeric shifter and cables. While shifting was improved and handling felt tighter, I ended up removing the yellow inserts. Too much NVH for my liking. May try the orange inserts though.

Quick Reply: FF1 Street Transmission mount review