Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Great story. Congrats and welcome.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:27 PM
ncm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to help and hope I didn't miss too many blemishes. Salesman probably thought I was an oddball crawling under the car with an SLR. To my eye the car was perfect. Has real "presence" - made me a bit envious (even though I deliberately chose my 991.2 to not be noticeable).
Ironically, I'd never seen a Sport Design in person before but passed another (white) on the way home from looking at that one, a quarter mile from my house. Now I pass the same car about once per week on the same back road. Which is quite a coincidence since my road doesn't go anywhere except an unofficial state park entrance and the back entrance to SAS.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks Dan, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the welcome!

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I enjoyed the story and the photos - like a storybook. I think a lot of us have a similar story and can relate. Welcome and happy driving.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

Thanks Papa!
Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
Great story. Congrats and welcome.
As I mentioned in the write up, you were greatly appreciated! You didn't miss a thing. The difference between the dealers crummy photos & the pics from your SLR were like night & day. That is crazy that you now see another white Sport Design edition once a week now. Does he at least give a 911 thumbs up or wave?
Originally Posted by ncm
Glad to help and hope I didn't miss too many blemishes. Salesman probably thought I was an oddball crawling under the car with an SLR. To my eye the car was perfect. Has real "presence" - made me a bit envious (even though I deliberately chose my 991.2 to not be noticeable).
Ironically, I'd never seen a Sport Design in person before but passed another (white) on the way home from looking at that one, a quarter mile from my house. Now I pass the same car about once per week on the same back road. Which is quite a coincidence since my road doesn't go anywhere except an unofficial state park entrance and the back entrance to SAS.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:36 PM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

A little something something while at my local dealer this week.

Last edited by Advisor; 03-14-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:05 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Yep, my dealer has 2 GT3s on a display as well. Both PDK though, so I did not even bother with their asking price
Old 03-14-2018, 02:23 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

What a beautiful white Carrera!
Your car reminds me of....mine except I like yours better w the sport technos. Do you still have your M3? I have an M4 which I use as my daily. I almost went with the sakhir orange on mine, but chickened out at the end.

Jim
Old 03-14-2018, 09:00 AM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

This GT3 is a CPO 2015 for sale, ask is $142,895 with only 1588 on the clock. The RS is a customer's car. Apparently someone who doesn't drive the car. It's over a year old with only 100 miles....

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
Yep, my dealer has 2 GT3s on a display as well. Both PDK though, so I did not even bother with their asking price
Old 03-14-2018, 09:08 AM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

Haha...thanks! A GTS with a duck If I could have found a White GTS with a duck that checked enough boxes for me, it would have been a done deal. I really like the Sport Techo's as well, so I would have found a way to buy a set & use them in the summer & use the GTS wheels in the winter, or something crazy like. I still have the M3 & enjoy it. One of the best parts about it to me is the Sakhir Orange, I'm sure you would have loved it. Before I locked in my M3 order, I met up with a guy from Bimmerpost to see SO in the 'flesh' for the first time and it was game on from there!

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
What a beautiful white Carrera!
Your car reminds me of....mine except I like yours better w the sport technos. Do you still have your M3? I have an M4 which I use as my daily. I almost went with the sakhir orange on mine, but chickened out at the end.

Jim
Old 03-14-2018, 02:05 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 236 Likes on 154 Posts

Wow congrats on the new P-car! Looks awesome and I think you nailed it with all the right options. Let us know when the mod bug bites and maybe can help you with something!

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 03-15-2018, 08:44 AM
rpetty3
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great read Advisor. That’s about the way it goes. Research, locate, printing window stickers, carfax...it’s been wrecked...repeat
As I’m reminded weekly at home “I think you just love the search” she’s right! For me you have to have a “must have” list of options and a “I’m ok with” list of options. Every now and then you find it all. You struck gold enjoy the beautiful car.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:24 AM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys! I will definitely be reaching out when the bug bites. Btw that Sapphire Blue 911 C4S with the AWE exhaust video that you have sounds INCREDIBLE!

Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports
Wow congrats on the new P-car! Looks awesome and I think you nailed it with all the right options. Let us know when the mod bug bites and maybe can help you with something!
Old 03-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks a bunch, I'm completely happy with it! Haha @ your wife's comment. She saw me pull up the red GT3 above & quickly said, 'why is that GT3 on your screen?'...LOL. I said geez, I'm just pulling up the det's since I just posted a photo of the car! Tough crowd these days

Originally Posted by rpetty3
Great read Advisor. That’s about the way it goes. Research, locate, printing window stickers, carfax...it’s been wrecked...repeat
As I’m reminded weekly at home “I think you just love the search” she’s right! For me you have to have a “must have” list of options and a “I’m ok with” list of options. Every now and then you find it all. You struck gold enjoy the beautiful car.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:25 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 236 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Advisor
Thanks guys! I will definitely be reaching out when the bug bites. Btw that Sapphire Blue 911 C4S with the AWE exhaust video that you have sounds INCREDIBLE!
Thank you! Definitely one of our favorites!
Old 03-16-2018, 08:28 PM
dvg 335
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your beautiful 991.1! You will love it. I sold the exact same car (mine was 7MT though) a few months ago to a fellow forum member and I miss it every day.

Best,
Dave

Quick Reply: Advisor's 911 Ownership Journal!