Sponsored by:

Spring preview .

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 01:48 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera2RS
K-A hi do you have any pictures of your car and approximate ride heights from ground to arch lip ?
Hey there, here you go. Don’t know the exact wheel arch lip height but can measure it when I get home to the car. I do know that navigating with the SPASM lip takes some practice. I’ve gotten the hang of it, and thankfully the lip is extremely durable. Though I realized via this pic that there’s a scrape on the very bottom bumper section by the lip, lol. But I think it may be from the previous owner. Even at this height, without a SPASM lip, it’s not difficult at all to navigate around, even urban areas. The stress of a painted or CF lip would be too much. But the pliable plastic makes it easy to manage.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts

Looks fantastic, I think my car looks very similar in heights, difficult to know of the rear arches stop at the same point on a wide body rear. I'll pop a couple of my car on when I get back home
Old 03-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

K-A what did you do to your side markers, put smoked film on it? Did you put film on your tail lights too? Pic? If you did put film on, what film?
Old 03-12-2018, 03:31 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Guards Red.

When I was shopping for a 911 this color was not on my radar and the wheels were bottom of my preference list.... not they are my favorite. I'm even torn between these wheels and aftermarket.
Be different! go aftermarket. LOVE GR.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:52 PM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carrera2RS
Looks fantastic, I think my car looks very similar in heights, difficult to know of the rear arches stop at the same point on a wide body rear. I'll pop a couple of my car on when I get back home
Thanks! Definitely post them up.

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
K-A what did you do to your side markers, put smoked film on it? Did you put film on your tail lights too? Pic? If you did put film on, what film?
It’s funny because I ALWAYS wrap my cars markers in black vinyl (so no light shines through), and the previous owner of this car happened to have the same taste. Serendipity, I guess. These appear to be painted, I believe (maybe a really dark tint, but I haven’t noticed any seams). Very slight amber light shines through (I should probably get clear bulbs) when the lights are on. Rears do kind of look like GT3 RS tailights (slight smoke) in that pic, but they’re standards reds actually.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts

I have fitted the darker rear lights (As fitted on the R and GT3RS) on my GTS as well, just fitted some body colour rear reflectors as well
Old 03-12-2018, 06:24 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Hey there, here you go. Don’t know the exact wheel arch lip height but can measure it when I get home to the car. I do know that navigating with the SPASM lip takes some practice. I’ve gotten the hang of it, and thankfully the lip is extremely durable. Though I realized via this pic that there’s a scrape on the very bottom bumper section by the lip, lol. But I think it may be from the previous owner. Even at this height, without a SPASM lip, it’s not difficult at all to navigate around, even urban areas. The stress of a painted or CF lip would be too much. But the pliable plastic makes it easy to manage.

Good call on the SPAM lip!
Old 03-18-2018, 02:42 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

R_rated: still liking the eibachs?
Old 03-18-2018, 02:50 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by awrryan
R_rated: still liking the eibachs?
Yes - going for an alignment next weekend and more aggressive spacers. The car is barely lower than a coupe with SPASM but doesn't have a hint of aftermarket aesthetics on the outside - more of a goldilocks [just right] stance IMO. It looks how a sports car should look. Ride quality even without an alignment is no different than OEM/PASM. I keep saying it but this is the cheapest aftermarket solution from one of the more reputable manufacturers and the OEM for many others like TechArt.

At last weeks gathering, my car garnered a lot of attention and even a #2 car owner stated his buters remorse after riding in mine.... His comment was that if he'd have known what <10K would get him in aftermarket to get his car to sound, pull and handle like this he would have never traded High praise! I think a #2 car is still faster in a straight line but haven't tested that yet. Torque schmorque if you have it in the right gear at the right rev range.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:33 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Nice HREs, I had the FF15s on my BMW before. A classy design.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:50 AM
K-A
Drifting

Good call on the SPAM lip!
Thanks! Cheap, easy to install, OEM and extremely durable Porsche mod?? This is like a gift to us.

Originally Posted by erko1905
Nice HREs, I had the FF15s on my BMW before. A classy design.
Thanks man! Really happy with them, also love the effects of the lighter weight.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:37 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Minor update.

I was a little frustrated that the front of my car looked lower than the rear with a rake and was contemplating going all in with coilovers..... (next year is the plan but was going to accelerate this). It took about 3 weeks for the springs to settle. Car looks proper now. Will take some obligatory pics this weekend at one of the gatherings. With Eibach + PASM, it doesn't look lowered but rather just how it should have sat from the factory. Porsche didn't make SPASM available on a Cab due to rigidity but IMO could have just as easily made SPAM height with PASM spring rate. This is a miss in my opinion as it just looks so much better.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:25 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Minor update.

I was a little frustrated that the front of my car looked lower than the rear with a rake and was contemplating going all in with coilovers..... (next year is the plan but was going to accelerate this). It took about 3 weeks for the springs to settle. Car looks proper now. Will take some obligatory pics this weekend at one of the gatherings. With Eibach + PASM, it doesn't look lowered but rather just how it should have sat from the factory. Porsche didn't make SPASM available on a Cab due to rigidity but IMO could have just as easily made SPAM height with PASM spring rate. This is a miss in my opinion as it just looks so much better.
can’t wait to see the pictures. Glad you’re liking it.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:33 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by awrryan

can’t wait to see the pictures. Glad you’re liking it.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:18 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

love it. Looks perfect. Especially with the sport pasm front lip.

Quick Reply: Spring preview .