Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 XM radio kit for std PCM's by Vaistech ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 08:13 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,875 Likes on 1,358 Posts
Default 991 XM radio kit for std PCM's by Vaistech ?

I have had my 991.1 (2014) for four years now, and have tried the bluetooth hookup (Spotify, iTunes, etc) via phone, etc...all that nonsense and would really like to just mainline XM into the base radio unit. I found this kit - anyone have experience with it OR can recommend an alternate? (I will self-install whatever it may be)

https://www.vaistech.com/product/gsr-061-w-tuner-kit/

TIA for any info....
Old 03-05-2018, 02:45 AM
marinb
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 35 Posts

Another option, which works decent, that I'm using in one of my other cars, is to use one of those Alexa in the Car solutions. I'm currently using a Garmin Speak, which you can instruct to play music from Amazon Music, Pandora, and Sirius XM (and supposedly Spotify is coming soon). This works reasonably well for Sirius as long as you can remember the names of the stations that you like.

The connection is a bit convoluted, but it works: 1) Connect Phone to Car via BT, 2) Connect Garmin Speak to Phone via BT, 3) Use Alexa voice prompts, 4) Music streams over phone data connection (not hotspot, just standard cellular data), 5) Music plays through car speakers (assuming Source is set to BT Audio).
Old 03-05-2018, 12:24 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,875 Likes on 1,358 Posts

That's interesting, have not heard of that - technology changes so fast. I will look into it. Thanks

Quick Reply: 991 XM radio kit for std PCM's by Vaistech ?