Sponsored by:

Looking for feedback on my 911T build

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 09:01 PM
sphynxdude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for feedback on my 911T build

So I managed to find an allocation for a 911T and I have about a week or so until the build is locked and then the waiting really begins. That said, it is killing me already! I have put together a pretty sparse build (http://www.porsche-code.com/PJDEUZ42) and am looking for feedback. Is there anything that I am missing or really need? I went with the lower end sound package as I have been in discussion with Nick from Musicar NW and am going to sink a fair amount in a decent audio system (hence going with the traditional rear glass). I keep going back and forth on the PCCB solely based on what I have read here - I have never driven a car with them and the local dealer does not have any vehicles on the lot for me to try.

Is there anything that I am missing? Is there anything I should add back in? I deleted the side designation as I really want a stealth vehicle.

This forum is truly consuming all of my free time and July cannot get here soon enough!

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-03-2018, 09:12 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

A couple of comments:

I think your build is great as it has all you may need, but having said that:

a) I would not willingly delete the lighweight glass. It is one of the distinguishing unique features of the T. As one of the reviewers said, even if it does not reduce the weight in any noticeable way, just knowing that it is there makes it kind of special.

b) Since the T has less sound deadening material, I don't think this is the kind of vehicle that will actually benefit from a real high-end sound system, specially if keeping LWG as mentioned above.

I went with Bose as it is good enough if you already going to have a vehicle that will be noisier than a regular base Carrera.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Personally, I don’t see the need for PCCB. Standard brakes are fine for the typical Porsche driver and can be upgraded if your use case changes.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:21 PM
sphynxdude
Intermediate

Thanks Pep - that is what I am thinking.

Alex - the audio has already been planned. I am a bit of an audiophile and I realize some of the benefits of the lightweight glass, but I also need a rear defroster. I also will not support Bose in anyway, shape or form. For me, the audio is the first thing that is going to happen.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:45 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

I have a bunch of comments but don't we all?

I think the only "must" with a Carrera T is the interior package. It is very unique.
I would keep the rear badge (but delete your side badge as you have). The T is so unique that I would advertise it. Both of my Porsche's have model delete (991.2 C4 and 981 Boxster S). But for the T, Targa or a GT car, I would keep it.
PCCBs are a waste unless you are doing some really hard driving on a track or steep mountains. The yellow color wont go well with Silver. Bag it. Save 9k.
I agree with the Base stereo in the car. Unless it is a daily driver or you really like to jam when you are driving. I have Bose Surround in both of my cars. Love it. But in a T, I would skip it.
The only other comment is the seats. The LWB seats are very unique to the Carrera T. I would do this before the PCCBs. Of course it depends on your age, if you need back seats or what you are doing with the car. DD....no way. Older, no way. Young and a weekend fling.....get the LWBs. They look friggin cool!

Just one opinion of many of course.

Last edited by subshooter; 03-03-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:32 PM
porshanut
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

The build is very personal and I love GT Silver. Agree with an earlier post that the T interior package is a must. I didn't think the PDLS was worth the add on as the stock head lights are pretty darn good and left it off my build. I never considered deleting the rear or side model designation. The only thing I would add would be the Front Axle Lift System which I left off but regret that. Good luck and I know you'll love whatever you decide!
Old 03-03-2018, 10:44 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

I got the lift, the cost sucked but i would regret it if I didnt where I live. One of only 3 options i spec'ed. I think your build is very nice. I dont think you need the lights unless you do backwoods driving at night.

Trending Topics

Old 03-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's wrong with Bose? Get the 4 way seats instead. Don't get Chrono, Smoking Package, Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:25 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 96 Posts

If you assumed PCCB did not offer any braking improvements (which is not true) the lack of brake dust is a huge issue at least for me. The cleanness of the caliper, rotors and wheels changes the appearance of the entire car IMO.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:22 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
If you assumed PCCB did not offer any braking improvements (which is not true) the lack of brake dust is a huge issue at least for me. The cleanness of the caliper, rotors and wheels changes the appearance of the entire car IMO.
+1. This is primarily why I optioned PCCBs on my car.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Pccb/yellow calipers would look slick with the yellow interior T package
Old 03-14-2018, 03:50 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

My belief when configuring a Porsche is to pick a "theme". Taking into account what the T represents which is a lighter weight version of the base 911 with the performance options standard, it seems logical to stay within that theme. So personally I would stay with the standard and much lighter weight 4-way Sports Seats Plus and ditch the Premium Package and Light Design Package.

Plus when the price starts getting pushed up much on a T it begins bumping into a similar build for a C2S for around $115k, although you're giving up the Sport Tex interior. Plus you will get a better discount on the S currently than a T. And it's a better performing car. This is why I've always thought that unless you want an almost no option T, an S makes more sense.

Here is my build for the $115k S.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:37 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like OP's specification. There'll never be a time that Rennllsters agree on an ideal build. It's great to have options.

If it was me I'd add back the lightweight glass, side stripes and the full rear badging.

No PCM is brave - I'd miss DAB and get lost without maps.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:03 PM
sphynxdude
Intermediate

Thank you to everyone for their feedback. My build was locked in on 3/10 and now the wait begins....
Old 03-14-2018, 05:16 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Puf n Stuf
No PCM is brave - I'd miss DAB and get lost without maps.
T has PCM since US cars are required to have a backup camera. Bose or Burmester are the only audio options.

Quick Reply: Looking for feedback on my 911T build