Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longshot question - can I borrow your winter wheel/tires for the weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 10:30 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Longshot question - can I borrow your winter wheel/tires for the weekend?

If you don't live within an hour of central NJ, you don't need to read further unless you feel like it.

Hi all,

I'm picking up my new (to me) 2014 Carrera 4S tomorrow and my wife and I are heading to Vermont on Friday for the weekend. Perfect 4S stomping grounds! I'd love to take the new car, but I don't yet have winter wheels and tires, so we were going to take the A3.

Maybe this is overstepping bounds - I've never seen anyone ask anything like this on Rennlist before - but... can I borrow your winter setup for the weekend? I'd be happy to come out to your place for pick up and deliver everything back to you early next week.

I realize this is a longshot for many reasons, not the least of which is that, if anyone has winter wheels and tires, they're probably still on their car. But if you don't ask, you never receive!

Please let me know if you can help me out!

Thanks,
- Mike
Old 02-27-2018, 10:35 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

If I lived closer and had a winter set, I'd let you borrow them.

What's the weather forecast? Do you really need them? You have AWD.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:38 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

It's going to be cold and wet - possibly a little snow. 30s and 20s.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:12 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Just use the summers. Not end of world.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

It is a bit of an interesting request at first read. But after some thought and reading the other posts, esp Lex, if I lived near you, I’d definitely let you use my winter wheel/tire setup. That would certainly give you, a fellow Rennlister and C4s soon to be owner a piece of mind to drive your car in the winter mix. I was just thinking today, as we had sunny and 65, that it is close to the time to put my summer Sport Techno wheels and Conti Extreme Contacts back on! I had taken the car (top down of course) to go watch my son at track practice. Parked the car across the street and had a great view of it the whole time. It looked great but would be even sweeter with the ST wheels. So, somebody help Mike out. I am sure he will reasonably compensate you. Good luck Mike.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:27 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rcg412
Just use the summers. Not end of world.
Well that's exactly what it might be, under the wrong circumstances. Cold, rain and snow? No way, man! It's winter tires on the 4S or the Audi. No big deal if I have to take the Audi - but I thought I'd ask here...
Old 02-27-2018, 11:29 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
It is a bit of an interesting request at first read. But after some thought and reading the other posts, esp Lex, if I lived near you, I’d definitely let you use my winter wheel/tire setup. That would certainly give you, a fellow Rennlister and C4s soon to be owner a piece of mind to drive your car in the winter mix. I was just thinking today, as we had sunny and 65, that it is close to the time to put my summer Sport Techno wheels and Conti Extreme Contacts back on! I had taken the car (top down of course) to go watch my son at track practice. Parked the car across the street and had a great view of it the whole time. It looked great but would be even sweeter with the ST wheels. So, somebody help Mike out. I am sure he will reasonably compensate you. Good luck Mike.
Thanks, Rob! - Fingers crossed. Compensation up for discussion.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:51 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

If you had CLs you could borrow mine.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:16 AM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will have a set of winter tires only, not a wheel set available for sale if your interested. It's Michelin Alpin PA4, you'll have to mount them on your current wheels. PM if your interested. Thanks. Either way enjoy your ride!
Old 02-28-2018, 08:37 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FiveRiversGTS
I will have a set of winter tires only, not a wheel set available for sale if your interested. It's Michelin Alpin PA4, you'll have to mount them on your current wheels. PM if your interested. Thanks. Either way enjoy your ride!
Thanks for the offer, Five. I'm working on another solution now, and I don't think I could make any of that happen in the time frame available.

Quick Reply: Longshot question - can I borrow your winter wheel/tires for the weekend?