Sponsored by:

Look What I Installed in My GTS Today

Old 11-30-2018, 03:01 PM
locus
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Look familiar?

Do you have any link or brief instruction how to remove the glove box?
I need to replace the blower motor module which is right under the dash next to the cabin filter.
But because of knee airbag is too close to the module I can't get it out. I probably have to remove both glove box and knee airbag.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2018, 03:32 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,181 Likes on 623 Posts

Very cool. You could have done the BMC air filter whilst you were there.
The following users liked this post:
donR (07-10-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 02:04 PM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello everybody , a short question , to do works like this one , disconnect plugs , airbags , etcetera , is recommendable to disconnect the negative pole of the batteries ?? or can cause the lost of the set up of the 991 ??

thanks in advance
Old 02-15-2020, 03:03 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Hope ur using Nicks license plate mount. The ALP sensors mount perfectly. Even has a slot for the backup camera.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:42 PM
97supratt
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 182 Posts

Quick update. Finished the forward area today, and have a sh**load of wires laying on the driver’s floorboard. Tested both systems and all seems well. Can’t reallybteast Radar in my garage but I bought an inexpensive laser transmitter to check the sensors and that is working great. Also tested the ‘parking sensors’ which is what ALP advertised what their system does, and then I did a system update and not it is now running in ‘defense mode, and the parking sensors work great too. Actually better than Porsche OEM. Tomorrow I hope to pull the rear bumper and pull 3 wires forward into the cabin. After than the seat comes out and I’ll finish it up. Here are a few pics.

amazing work!!
Old 02-15-2020, 07:42 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 495 Posts

When you are done let us know your best guess on hours needed for this install. Most us us would not do it any faster than you unless you do this type of thing regularly.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:23 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Battery Disconnect

Originally Posted by fabripagio
Hello everybody , a short question , to do works like this one , disconnect plugs , airbags , etcetera , is recommendable to disconnect the negative pole of the batteries ?? or can cause the lost of the set up of the 991 ??

thanks in advance
I normally disconnect the negative terminal to my battery as a safety precaution to mitigate shorts or accidentally deploying airbags. In the multiple times I disconnected my battery the only memory loss was the auto-open & close on my power windows. The auto settings are quick and easy; just push down the window button on the driver’s side (for down auto, and hold up the button for a few seconds for the auto up. I have never lost my programmed settings on my PCM or MFD.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:49 PM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sidvicious7
I normally disconnect the negative terminal to my battery as a safety precaution to mitigate shorts or accidentally deploying airbags. In the multiple times I disconnected my battery the only memory loss was the auto-open & close on my power windows. The auto settings are quick and easy; just push down the window button on the driver’s side (for down auto, and hold up the button for a few seconds for the auto up. I have never lost my programmed settings on my PCM or MFD.
many thanks , very helpful , my 991 is still under warranty , but I wish to change the dash myself from vinyl to leather before let my local center do the 1st service
I know is a quite big work , but I did in the past more times , first time on a so modern car , so if anybody can write me any suggestion I will appreciate a lot .
thanks again
Old 02-16-2020, 04:26 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 331 Likes on 212 Posts

Wow great work and lots of customizing to make it work. Looks OEM! I am impressed for sure!

RGS
- Radiator Grille Store

OEM Look, Economical Protection
www.radiatorgrillestore.com

Old 04-17-2020, 07:07 PM
ZerOG
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Look familiar?

Hey Man,
I’m also removing the glove box. PLEASE TELL ME how do you remove the damn USB box? 🤦‍♂️

THANKS 😉
Old 07-09-2020, 08:35 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look familiar?
Installation looks great! But my guess is that you would need to retrofit it once more to include USB-C ports as well

A qq since you removed the glovebox. How easy was it? Anything to be aware of when removing the glovebox, cupholders?
My hvac blower motor goes bad. Need to replace it. From what i found so far was that its accessible behind the glovebox.
When you removed your glovebox, by any chance did you see the blower fan there? THanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Look What I Installed in My GTS Today