Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev-Match in .2 w/Sport Chrono: Defeatable in "I" mode?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 10:34 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
What worries me is that the rev match may be a deliberate engineering decision needed to preserve the longevity of the PDK-derived 7mt..

Pure speculation, but otherwise why in the world would Porsche be so apparently clueless?
If that was the case, Rev Matching wouldn't be tied to the Sport Chrono option....

No rev matching in sport mode if no SC.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:16 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 590 Posts

Old 10-20-2018, 02:22 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shing911500e
@stout please let us know what your dealer visit yields. At this point I would be willing to put my name on a petition to PCNA saying I'd PAY for the software update. It does seem like a remap one of the 3rd party software tuners could manage, but that is far less optimal in my mind

Picked my car up from an early oil change this afternoon, and my request to see if rev match could be disabled in Sport or Sport+ via the PIWIS was tried...to no avail.

​​​​​​​The search for a way to defeat rev match in the sport settings continues...
Old 10-20-2018, 02:24 AM
shing911500e
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Picked my car up from an early oil change this afternoon, and my request to see if rev match could be disabled in Sport or Sport+ via the PIWIS was tried...to no avail.

The search for a way to defeat rev match in the sport settings continues...
​​​​​​​Ugh!!!!
Old 10-20-2018, 03:24 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shing911500e
Ugh!!!!
Tell me about it.

So far, the only ways to have a manual shifting experience with the manual gearbox require avoiding the desirable Sport, Sport+, and Sport+/PSM Sport modes—you can only choose between Normal mode or Sport+ with PSM off, neither of which are interesting to me for spirited driving on the street.

​​​​​​​Will play around with heel-toe work with Sport and Sport+. Perhaps its like PSM: It won't intervene if you are ahead of it.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:35 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Is there a way that the car can start in individual, sport, or sport plus mode?
Old 10-20-2018, 09:48 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Beating the computer...

Originally Posted by stout
Tell me about it.

So far, the only ways to have a manual shifting experience with the manual gearbox require avoiding the desirable Sport, Sport+, and Sport+/PSM Sport modes—you can only choose between Normal mode or Sport+ with PSM off, neither of which are interesting to me for spirited driving on the street.

Will play around with heel-toe work with Sport and Sport+. Perhaps its like PSM: It won't intervene if you are ahead of it.
That’s how I drove my Cayman S with SC. Heel/toe before it did. It works unless you mess up, then you’re schooled be the CPU!
Old 10-20-2018, 09:51 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Pete, do you know if the sensor for the selected gear is in the shifter or the transmission? If it’s embedded in the shifter, you could disable it. Hopefully without an error message.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:55 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
Pete, do you know if the sensor for the selected gear is in the shifter or the transmission? If it’s embedded in the shifter, you could disable it. Hopefully without an error message.
Suspect it's in the transmission, as it doesn't read "1" (or anything) until I start rolling. Good thinking, though, as I'd love to find a defeat. Perhaps a petition is in order. This has to be something PAG can enable as a disable...and a manual should be MANUAL unless you wish otherwise. Rev-matching is neat and all, and actually an excellent system, but it shouldn't be tied to other sporting functions. In my GT4, hitting the Sport button improved cooling...again something that shouldn't require a driver seeking a manual experience to have shoved down her/his throat. If I want systems, there are plenty on the menu these days—PDK first among them.

Quick Reply: Rev-Match in .2 w/Sport Chrono: Defeatable in "I" mode?