Sponsored by:

Removing center console on 18 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 03:01 PM
onedae
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Removing center console on 18 991.2

The center console on the 18 991.2 has a built in shelf to hold your smartphone when plugged in for Appleplay. I would like to remove it but that may only be possible if I can get to the underside of the console.
Anyone know how to easily remove the console?
Old 02-04-2018, 04:26 PM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

This may help. The console needs to come out to install their shifter. https://numericracing.com/documentation/
Old 02-04-2018, 05:15 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by onedae
The center console on the 18 991.2 has a built in shelf to hold your smartphone when plugged in for Appleplay. I would like to remove it but that may only be possible if I can get to the underside of the console.
Anyone know how to easily remove the console?

do you have a picture?
Old 02-04-2018, 08:35 PM
jimjoe997
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm confused. What shelf? What are you trying to accomplish?
Old 04-28-2021, 07:00 PM
smelvis
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Center console trim on 991.2 GTS STUCK!! HELP:(

Hi I can’t for the life of me get my center console trim to come loose? I’ve watched every video and read the instructions on macarbons sight. I get the back popped up a bit but it feels like the whole center console is gonna come out ba just the trim on top. What am I doing wrong here? I got all my dash trim and cup holders swapped no prob but this guy won’t budge. Should I be prying from the side under the rubber gasket? Should I try to locate the prongs and pry by them? Just feels like I’m gonna rip the whole center out…. Sigh
Old 04-08-2023, 02:50 PM
CapFury
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey…I just went through this myself. The videos on removing the center console trim are all for 991.1 cars. On my 991.2, it took 3 attempts to get the friggin thing off. The metal clips are so dang tight, you have to remove the torx bolts (6 or 8) on either side of the center console to move it up enough to get a screw driver under to loosen the clips. Basically have to bend them a bit to release the pins.

The carbon fiber trim piece is pretty sturdy so prying up the pins takes some courage but they do come loose. Once the trim piece is out, rest is a breeze like the videos. In my frustration I didn’t take pics, but if someone is struggling with it, just msg me and I’ll take some pics to guide you through it.

Originally Posted by smelvis

Hi I can’t for the life of me get my center console trim to come loose? I’ve watched every video and read the instructions on macarbons sight. I get the back popped up a bit but it feels like the whole center console is gonna come out ba just the trim on top. What am I doing wrong here? I got all my dash trim and cup holders swapped no prob but this guy won’t budge. Should I be prying from the side under the rubber gasket? Should I try to locate the prongs and pry by them? Just feels like I’m gonna rip the whole center out…. Sigh

Quick Reply: Removing center console on 18 991.2