Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS Rear Bumper Removal

Old 05-07-2019, 08:42 PM
caciquemd
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Error message

I just finish installing the BMC Air Filter and Soul Performance Cats. LOVE THE SOUND and the results of the BUTT dyno are incredible!

It is an involved process. It was made easier by my lift (MR6K-38).

I’m getting an error message now despite everything working fine. I was very careful taking pictures and putting everything back as it was!

My plan is to take bumper off again and inspect!

Error message
Old 05-07-2019, 08:58 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by caciquemd
I just finish installing the BMC Air Filter and Soul Performance Cats. LOVE THE SOUND and the results of the BUTT dyno are incredible!

I’m getting an error message now despite everything working fine. I was very careful taking pictures and putting everything back as it was!

Error message
I bet one of the electrical connectors was either left disconnected or is not fully engaged.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:19 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 130 Posts

Has anyone done a complete write up of the filter swap? I have one and plan to install along with HF cats and rear diffuser.

I guess I didn’t do my research before buying as I had no idea that the active wing had to be removed

Thanks
Old 07-07-2019, 09:53 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
I bet one of the electrical connectors was either left disconnected or is not fully engaged.
‘Could be that you just have to use a computer to reset that message. Maybe it’s just triggered when you open the back?
Old 07-07-2019, 10:55 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelsey
‘Could be that you just have to use a computer to reset that message. Maybe it’s just triggered when you open the back?
Nope. I eventually installed a BMC air filter on my .2. You must remove the rear bumper cover and also the spoiler, neither of which is a big deal. Once I had the BMC installed I didn’t get the warning message above nor have I ever thrown a CEL thrown, even with all of the mods I have done. That’s why I said that it is most likely an electrical connector that was left unplugged or is not fully engaged.
Old 12-02-2023, 02:34 AM
ShawooDude
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Doing my air filter tomorrow. Can you report what was causing the error?

Originally Posted by caciquemd

Error message
Old 12-03-2023, 05:26 PM
GTS99ONE
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

Looking to remove the bumper for the first time as well. Is there a list anywhere of the types of tools/Torx bits I’m going to need? Thanks all!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS Rear Bumper Removal