Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options that you were disappointed/satisfied with?

Old 01-28-2018, 02:37 AM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I forgot to add that I hate the voice control. It sucks and does not work for me at all. It was a free option so no harm no foul.

Yes. The burbles in the 991.2 are only there in sport mode. Sport+ and normal don't have them even with PSE engaged. Different from the 991.1
I don’t have SC, so no sport+ mode. Had it in my Cayman S.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:03 AM
Gee Fotops
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander

Pics, please!
Here she is.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:39 AM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,183 Likes on 713 Posts

That bimmer is sweet as well!
Old 01-28-2018, 11:02 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Awesome car. Congrats.

Can someone help me understand what is the purpose of Power Steering Plus?
Is it recommended to include it in a new build 991.2 GTS?

Very interesting topic especially for newbies like me...
Old 01-28-2018, 11:05 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
I've heard reports that the Targa is noisy in the cabin with the roof 'open' and when travelling at more than about 40mph or so.

Have 991 Targa owners found this to be the case?

Cheers,

Simon
Not my experience. My Targa when opened is wonderful at freeway speeds and I can converse with my passenger. A wonderful experience and better then the Cab.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:46 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

I'm most happy about the options I chose to leave off.

No PSE, my car is plenty loud enough for me when I am driving spiritedly.
No sunroof, dealer tried to coax me into it, no additional deposit required. Love the look of an unobstructed painted roof.
C2, no RED brake calipers.

I am over the moon with the way I specced my car.
Leather interior
4 ways Sport Seat Plus with leather covered backs and ventilated seats (which I think work well).
SC, carbon trim including lighted door sills.
Sport MF heated steering wheel.
Bose stereo (nice compromise between Burmeister and base)
Black badging and black sport tips on the exhaust.

I suppose the only disappointments are, as others have stated, the Pirellis and the auto start/stop functions.

Last edited by JustBud; 01-28-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:56 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I was VERY disappointed in the MT7 on my 2016. I think I would hate it less if it were powered by the 3.0.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Feel sorry for you rkwfxd. I saw quite a few posts where you said you do not like MT on 991.1. Perhaps PDK next time?
For me going from 991CS MT to 991.1CS MT to 991.1GTS MT I do not see any issues with MT at all and in fact like 7sp MT box on 991.1s better than 6sp MT box in 997. Newer one is precise and smooth, older one not so much, but still wasn't bad.
I could not imagine not having MT in a sports car. All my present and past sports cars speced this way..
Old 01-28-2018, 02:50 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Can someone help me understand what is the purpose of Power Steering Plus?
Power Steering Plus is a software change that increases electric steering power assist at low speeds.

Basically, it lightens up the steering at 'parking lot' speeds (IIRC 30 mph and lower.)

There is a wealth of information on 991 features in this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/6840...formation.html

which you can read if you are a member.

Is it recommended to include it in a new build 991.2 GTS?
I don't like PSP. It is however a popular option.

Very interesting topic especially for newbies like me...
For any option in which you have interest search for threads about that specific option so that you can read both the positive and negative reviews.

Take what you read in this thread with a bag of salt: You are seeing mostly complaints about options. There are no options that are universally loved or hated.

For example: I love the ventilated seats. I don't think they are too hard. I don't like PSP. I don't like sunroofs. I love PDDC and RAS. I don't like SPASM because of the roads on which I drive.

In the end, if you are concerned about a specific option (for example 14-way vs. 18-way seats) you will need to test drive (or test-sit in the case of the seats) cars with and without that option.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:11 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

I ordered my 2017 C2, 991.2 to spec and as usual, agonized when deciding on the configuration:

1. 7 speed manual, its shifts so well and the clutch action is perfect.
2. Sport Chrono, even with Manual, it gives the adjustable settings on the steering wheel and I like the clock on the dash.
3. 3.0T, even non-S, lots of power all over the rev range
4. Graphite Blue

Dislikes:
1. 18 Ways, Sport Plus seats are a bit tight on my upper torso. I'm not a big guy, 5-10, 160 lbs, and after longer drives >2 hours, I find they pinch my upper rib cage just below my armpits. I'm not sure if the regular sport seats are much different.
2. Noise in wheel wells, especially the rear when picking up rocks. Wish there was better noise isolation there
3. High speed handling, in normal mode, I find the front end loose and unstable in high speed sweepers. Its much better in sport mode, but I expected more in normal mode.

Ambivalent:
1. Bose stereo, I knew it wasn't going to be great, so I was prepared. The MusicCar tweeters made a difference though.
2. 2-tone blue/chalk interior; love the color combo, but the leather doesn't seem that luxurious to me, next time will go with the natural leather, maybe espresso
Old 01-28-2018, 05:06 PM
rowsey
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

I am very surprised that no one (other than me) has bitched about the AUTO STOP function......... I think it is ABSURD to have that as a DEFAULT (that can't be over ridden) on a high performance sports car. I realize that it is negated since I drive in SPORT mode 100% of the time...... but I also wish you could set the start up default to SPORT so you could just get in and drive without changing settings. I have complained to Porsche since they changed in 2016 (2 Panameras and this 911) to no avail...... not even a rational reply.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:35 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by rowsey
I am very surprised that no one (other than me) has bitched about the AUTO STOP function......... I think it is ABSURD to have that as a DEFAULT (that can't be over ridden) on a high performance sports car. I realize that it is negated since I drive in SPORT mode 100% of the time...... but I also wish you could set the start up default to SPORT so you could just get in and drive without changing settings. I have complained to Porsche since they changed in 2016 (2 Panameras and this 911) to no avail...... not even a rational reply.
Absurd, unless it is allowing the cars to meet regulatory mandates.

I don't like it, either, but it doesn't bother me as much as some. Heaven help us the day something like that can't be turned off...or defeated in Sport mode (which is something else I wish I could set as the default).
Old 01-28-2018, 05:47 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by rowsey
If any of ours was equipped with automatic-on stop/stop I certainly would be b1+ching about it. However, for neither the '16 Macan nor the '16 991S is this the case. Both default to whatever the last setting was (I guess. I have never turned it on. And now, just in case it reverts to auto-on I never will.) Both MY'16s were early '16s - built, shipped and delivered prior to 1/1/16. So, perhaps this is a change that was made in Calendar Year 16?

Glad I'm not looking at newer Porsches at this point (unless I win the PCA raffle...) for this, and other reasons.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:59 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,139 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
If any of ours was equipped with automatic-on stop/stop I certainly would be b1+ching about it. However, for neither the '16 Macan nor the '16 991S is this the case. Both default to whatever the last setting was (I guess. I have never turned it on. And now, just in case it reverts to auto-on I never will.) Both MY'16s were early '16s - built, shipped and delivered prior to 1/1/16. So, perhaps this is a change that was made in Calendar Year 16?

Glad I'm not looking at newer Porsches at this point (unless I win the PCA raffle...) for this, and other reasons.
Not true anymore with the 991.2 or 718. Probably the same with 2017 Macans/Panameras. Every time you start the car, the auto stop function is enabled. You have to manually turn it off.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:16 PM
malibuboy
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

2014 CPO C4

So far I have loved the CPO, PDK and AWD. The Bose not so much but I am a "religious" driver (2 windows down, and no music at all times).

The weird bit, I love the embossed Porsche crest on my headrests. It looks proper.

...and it's white. Who knew?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Options that you were disappointed/satisfied with?