Sponsored by:

Boat schedule question please

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 10:39 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Boat schedule question please

My SA advised me this morning my C2S has arrived at the port in Emden.
The most recent tracking data I have shows:
V332 Exit Port Emden - planned 2/2, anticipated 2/16

I understand those dates don't mean a lot at this point and also they are always on a friday so the 2/16 date really means the week preceding that Friday.

Would anyone with a good knowledge of how the shipping schedule works care to speculate what ship and arrival date I might end up with? My car will be going to Jacksonville.
Anyone with a link to the shipping schedule?

Thanks for help
Old 01-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Here's the VW Ro-Ro schedule:

http://www.pwl.de/en/services/liner/roro

There's PDF file for "export" that you click on that has ship names and expected dates in various ports (including Jacksonville). They don't update it all the time and the latest ends the beginning of February.

Once your SA gets you a ship name, you can follow it here:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...ry:24.9/zoom:4

Getting on the ship seems to depend on how backed up the parking lot at Emden is and when the next ship arrives/leaves. My Targa waited about 10 days for a ride if I recall.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:58 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Keadog
Here's the VW Ro-Ro schedule:

http://www.pwl.de/en/services/liner/roro

There's PDF file for "export" that you click on that has ship names and expected dates in various ports (including Jacksonville). They don't update it all the time and the latest ends the beginning of February.

Once your SA gets you a ship name, you can follow it here:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...ry:24.9/zoom:4

Getting on the ship seems to depend on how backed up the parking lot at Emden is and when the next ship arrives/leaves. My Targa waited about 10 days for a ride if I recall.

Thanks for the info. Will check it out. Hopefully it won't sit there until Feb 16!

Anyone else know how long their car sat from arrival at the port to shipping out?
Old 01-23-2018, 12:03 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

This looks like the upcoming schedule if I grabbed the correct one.
Hopefully I can get on the Columbia Highway arriving 2/12 or the Viking Queen arriving 2/22
Old 01-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

My car got to Emden between Christmas & New Years, and made a 1/3 load ready boat, which was 16 days ahead of the plan, and arrived Jax this past Saturday. If your car is already there, you should almost surely make the Columbia Highway, which is still on its way back to Emden.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:10 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
My car got to Emden between Christmas & New Years, and made a 1/3 load ready boat, which was 16 days ahead of the plan, and arrived Jax this past Saturday. If your car is already there, you should almost surely make the Columbia Highway, which is still on its way back to Emden.
That would be awesome! Thanks Gordon. Has your car left Jax yet or any ideas how long that will take?
My dealer is in the Atlanta area so at least my transport from Jax should be pretty quick. I have a feeling those last few days will be the most anxious.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:16 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
That would be awesome! Thanks Gordon. Has your car left Jax yet or any ideas how long that will take?
My dealer is in the Atlanta area so at least my transport from Jax should be pretty quick. I have a feeling those last few days will be the most anxious.
Still there. I'm told it will likely be here by the end of the week based on normal turnaround from the port. I'm only two hours down the road from Jax, so it should be quick once they release it.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:34 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Columbia Highway left Emden recently. Hoping my car is on there. Dealer says it will take a day or two to show up in their system. The tracking dates showed my car sitting at the port a while longer as of last week. The next boat is scheduled to leave February 9. Sure Hope I made this one!

Old 01-31-2018, 02:31 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

wareagle, this might make you feel good. My T (will likely be one of the first, if not the firs, retail delivery in US) was completed 1/18 and left yesterday around 5pm on the Columbia Highway. It probably arrived at the port around the same time as yours. I'd bet that yours is on the boat as well.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:33 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

This looks like the upcoming schedule if I grabbed the correct one.
Hopefully I can get on the Columbia Highway arriving 2/12 or the Viking Queen arriving 2/22
Can you share where did you get this schedule? MY SA said mine is scheduled to get on the boat on 2/16.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:38 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by .moo.
Can you share where did you get this schedule? MY SA said mine is scheduled to get on the boat on 2/16.
Post #2 of this thread. Keadog was nice enough to post the links.

What port will yours be arriving at?
Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cyberay
wareagle, this might make you feel good. My T (will likely be one of the first, if not the firs, retail delivery in US) was completed 1/18 and left yesterday around 5pm on the Columbia Highway. It probably arrived at the port around the same time as yours. I'd bet that yours is on the boat as well.
Thanks. I did confirm mine was on there today as well. Will be tracking its progress as it comes across. Scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville on 2/12!
Old 01-31-2018, 06:41 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

@wareaglescott, how do you verify if it's on it? Is that the sales rep that confirms it?
Old 01-31-2018, 06:53 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Thanks. I did confirm mine was on there today as well. Will be tracking its progress as it comes across. Scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville on 2/12!

You'll have to buy an upgrade at one of the ship tracking for satellite updates. Otherwise the last you'll hear of it is when it passes the Azores until it gets to the East Coast, and within terrestrial tracking. I didn't bother with that, so I'm not sure how often they update even with it.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:04 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SBARacing
@wareaglescott, how do you verify if it's on it? Is that the sales rep that confirms it?
yes SA told me this morning

Quick Reply: Boat schedule question please