Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boat schedule question please

Old 01-31-2018, 09:06 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
You'll have to buy an upgrade at one of the ship tracking for satellite updates. Otherwise the last you'll hear of it is when it passes the Azores until it gets to the East Coast, and within terrestrial tracking. I didn't bother with that, so I'm not sure how often they update even with it.
Ok thanks. I won't do that. Probably better for my mental health not logging on to look for it multiple times a day! lol
I will check back when it gets close to the Rhode Island port.

Did you get yours yet Gordon? How many days at the port?
Old 01-31-2018, 10:46 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Ok thanks. I won't do that. Probably better for my mental health not logging on to look for it multiple times a day! lol
I will check back when it gets close to the Rhode Island port.

Did you get yours yet Gordon? How many days at the port?
Mine hit Jax on 1/20, was cleared for transport on 1/22, made a truck 1/26, and was delivered to dealer the same day. I picked it up on 1/27. There was no surprise on the truck time. The dealer gets all their deliveries on Fridays.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:32 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Post #2 of this thread. Keadog was nice enough to post the links.

What port will yours be arriving at?
Benecia.

Let me check the link. Thanks for the pointer!
Old 02-01-2018, 09:26 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by .moo.
Benecia.

Let me check the link. Thanks for the pointer!
The Pegasus Highway shows load ready on 2/16 and arriving Benicia 28 March
There is also the Gravity Highway on 2/6 arriving 11 March. Mine got on the boat earlier than the dealer expected. Maybe you will have the same luck and get on the Gravity Highway
Old 02-12-2018, 09:49 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Woo hoo my boat made it to Rhode Island. Hoping it is in Jacksonville and the car is on the ground Wednesday. Getting super anxious now! Dreaming of driving by the end of next week. That may be optimistic but maybe I will be lucky.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:37 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Boat pulling into Jax at 0200 Thursday morning. Car should be on the ground in the morning.
Hope it gets processed through the port quickly. Dealer says normal is 7-10 days. My dealer is in Atlanta so should not be on a truck very long. The anticipation at this point is killing me! So excited.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I followed my 2015 Carrera S from Emden to San Diego in Fall 2014 using the free tracking. It does get lost crossing from the Azores to Puerto Rico for about 5 days as only coastal tracking station monitoring show up. There is another internet system that actually has video of the Panama Canal locks to see your car's ship go through.
Peter Cowper
2015 Carrera S
Old 02-22-2018, 03:23 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

So my car is on its way home.
Boarded VK on 3/21 on its way to DVV and then JAX.
Does anyone know if these boats works 24/7?
if they get to DVV on Sat 03:00, would the cars be offloaded on Sat and will the boat leave same day or Sun?
or would they have to wait for a 9-5 Mon 3/5?

im sure there are members here that had a boat come to or through DVV over the weeknd, right?
Old 02-22-2018, 04:31 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SBARacing
So my car is on its way home.
Boarded VK on 3/21 on its way to DVV and then JAX.
Does anyone know if these boats works 24/7?
if they get to DVV on Sat 03:00, would the cars be offloaded on Sat and will the boat leave same day or Sun?
or would they have to wait for a 9-5 Mon 3/5?

im sure there are members here that had a boat come to or through DVV over the weeknd, right?
They go 7 days a week. When the boat docks in DVV the departure time and arrival time for Jax will update on the marine tracker site. My boat ended up holding outside the port in Jax for about 18 hours before it was actually able to pull in. I would guess that was due to another boat at the port or traffic in the area. That was the only deviation in the schedule. It was only in DVV about 10 hours. I thought that was pretty quick in and out.
My car updated to V810-ready for transport on Tuesday. Hoping it will be at the dealer any day now!!
Old 02-22-2018, 05:12 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

They go 7 days a week. When the boat docks in DVV the departure time and arrival time for Jax will update on the marine tracker site. My boat ended up holding outside the port in Jax for about 18 hours before it was actually able to pull in. I would guess that was due to another boat at the port or traffic in the area. That was the only deviation in the schedule. It was only in DVV about 10 hours. I thought that was pretty quick in and out.
My car updated to V810-ready for transport on Tuesday. Hoping it will be at the dealer any day now!!
thank you, that sounds efficient.
So it did 10H in DVV on what day was that?

Old 02-22-2018, 05:56 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SBARacing

thank you, that sounds efficient.
So it did 10H in DVV on what day was that?

Cant remember exactly. I have been so focused on getting to the next step towards the car being here once it passes each point I kind of forgot! I think it was the 15th or 16th
Old 03-05-2018, 11:17 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

The Pegasus Highway shows load ready on 2/16 and arriving Benicia 28 March
My SA just let me know my newest car is onboard the Pegasus Highway - the order was placed in early Nov and I've been remarkably patient for a long while, but now I'm starting to develop some excitement symptoms...

I hunted around the links posted above (thanks for that, Keadog!) but didn't find the reference to Benicia on 28 March. The current destination is "CAHAL" (which I assume is Halifax, Nova Scotia where the ship is currently circling off the coast). Can you share where you saw the Benicia arrival date?
Old 03-05-2018, 11:59 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by digits
My SA just let me know my newest car is onboard the Pegasus Highway - the order was placed in early Nov and I've been remarkably patient for a long while, but now I'm starting to develop some excitement symptoms...

I hunted around the links posted above (thanks for that, Keadog!) but didn't find the reference to Benicia on 28 March. The current destination is "CAHAL" (which I assume is Halifax, Nova Scotia where the ship is currently circling off the coast). Can you share where you saw the Benicia arrival date?
I saw it on the schedule. Once they update to a new schedule that information seems to disappear and I could never find out how to see anything other than the most current schedule.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:32 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 255 Posts

This is a great thread - finally its my turn. My car entered Emden on 3/2 and there are three ships scheduled for San Diego in the next several weeks. So here's my question:

Looking at the Ro-Ro schedule below, why is it that the two San Diego departures, 3/8 and 3/27 both show expected arrival dates earlier than the departure dates? Any guesses?

I'm hoping my car makes the Taurus Leader on 3/8, but doubtful it would arrive San Diego on 3/7. I'm generally an optimist, but...

DaveGee
Old 03-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Looking at the Ro-Ro schedule below, why is it that the two San Diego departures, 3/8 and 3/27 both show expected arrival dates earlier than the departure dates? Any guesses?

Those ships perhaps have a flux capacitor installed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boat schedule question please