Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIRST IN THE WORLD! 1 of 1 FULL TECHART 991.2 GTS! PROJECT CRAYON - TAG MOTORSPORTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 01:42 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 235 Likes on 153 Posts
Default FIRST IN THE WORLD! 1 of 1 FULL TECHART 991.2 GTS! PROJECT CRAYON - TAG MOTORSPORTS

We were so thrilled to bring on our TAG 991.2 GTS last year as part of our in house marketing cars. We feel like many that Porsche really knocked it out of the park with a perfect drivers cars - the 911 Carrera GTS checks off almost all the boxes. Most obvious question is ‘why even touch something so dialed to begin with?’ We agree and if we didn’t want to showcase what aesthetic and performance options were out there - we would simply drive this thing until the wheels falls off!

However, with a new year here it is a perfect time to move into Phase II of our Project Crayon with the addition of TechArt’s latest and greatest. Just around Essen of last year, they introduced a new front lip as part of their aero enhancements. You can instantly see how it takes on a bit of the Turbo front end styling and gives function and form to the front end. With a much improved look in our opinion - we realized we needed to do one thing…go full TechArt!

The goal was identical to our previous Macan S build (Here), which this car replaced, so it was only right that we carried on tradition and show why TechArt is the best complete Porsche tuning program. The car was scheduled to be ordered in white, but our spec was changed to Chalk. Knowing we were going to additionally spec the car out with TechArt’s catalog we ordered some additional touches from Porsche such as red dials, red seat belts and chalk painted interior pieces on the dash. We wanted to dial in a cohesive car aesthetically even with the aftermarket pieces, which we feel is the key to a great total build.

Known to many of us, TechArt is top shelf when it comes to their attention to detail, care, and overall dedication to Porsche. The company was founded in 1987 by Thomas Behringer, with its headquarters located in Leonberg, Germany. The company is recognized as an independent manufacturer and always one of the first to showcase their wheels, exhausts, and aero systems on the latest and greatest.

We are the #1 TechArt dealer in the United States and we remain incredibly happy with our partnership, the products, and their focus to details that really add the right elements without taking away from the incredible baseline that Porsche gives you to work off. After a few phone calls to Germany and our friends at GTC, we had pallets upon pallets arrive (Pic Here).

It was time to color match the chalk paint to ensure 100% as we paint everything in house - gives us complete control and attention to accuracy and perfection. The modification list (specifically of TechArt) for this build included:

- TechArt Front Aero Lip Spoiler (New for GTS)
- TechArt Side skirts
- TechArt Rear Diffuser (For PSE Exhaust)
- TechArt Rear Air Trim
- TechArt Roof Spoiler
- TechArt Type II Rear Wing
- TechArt Front Air Outlet Trim
- TechArt Headlight Surrounds
- 20x9 & 20x12 Centerlock Formula IV Wheels (custom painted in gloss black)
- TechArt Center lock caps (new and now available in black)
- TechArt hood emblem
- TechArt Floor Mats with chalk piping
- Pedal set including dead pedal
- TechArt Steering Wheel with Chalk Stitching, Chalk Painted Accents, Alcantara Sides, Red 12 O’clock Stripe & Mode Selector
- TechArt Quad Tip Valved Exhaust System with Carbon Tips
- TechArt Lowering Springs

Additional Modifications included:

- 245/35/20 & 305/30/20 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires
- Rennline Front Mesh Grill Kit
- AWE Tuning Hi-Flow Cats
- AWE Tuning Wind foils
- TAG Custom painted Porsche key

We quickly got to installing everything and realized one thing - this would be a masterpiece when done. It would be the perfect combination of sporty, yet OEM+, not too over the top, and all the right look and feel to take this GTS up to 11. Our technicians are quite familiar with installing TechArt products and we had this build knocked out in under a week. It was then quickly off to the hands of our master photographer, Gabriel Milori to shoot this puppy in the right setting = night time with lights!

There is a new grin that this car has created on our faces. Bigger than before. TechArt once again knocks it out of the park and we feel you can not only daily drive this with its nose lift kit installed, but it has the right amount of “look at me” without being obnoxious on a day-to-day basis. We are really thrilled with the outcome and excited to share for everyone here. We welcome any and all thoughts and comments! I

If you have any questions on parts, pricing, or to order please do not hesitate to contact us!

#TAGteam over and out.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
The following users liked this post:
doni88 (11-11-2019)
Old 01-22-2018, 01:46 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

That car is stunning on almost every single way san corvette exhaust - I just can't get on board with that and prefer the non center exhaust. From the factory it looks like the eyes on a poop emoji and this is worse. Everything else is absolutely stunning.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:21 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Damn that turned out AWESOME!! Bravo!
Old 01-22-2018, 03:33 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Code
Damn that turned out AWESOME!! Bravo!
Thanks for the kind words!
Old 01-22-2018, 05:05 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,190 Likes on 718 Posts

Looks beastly, I love it.

The quad exhaust as well!
Old 01-22-2018, 05:15 PM
N2B8TOR
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Big fan of Corvettes here so I love those quad exhausts! Nice.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:16 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-22-2018, 06:14 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,342 Likes on 789 Posts
Smile

Great job fellas!

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 01-22-2018, 11:55 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

I kinda like the rear wing. And the GT3 front air vent. Otherwise I’ll pass. Too overwrought.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:13 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 194 Posts

Digging the steering wheel
Old 01-23-2018, 03:57 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Can you please PM me pricing on that exhaust? I've been looking everywhere for it.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:02 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,864 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Why is the shot done all at night in a parking garage? I get that you're going for an "edgy" look, but you should do a few daytime photos as well. Natural light shows things that crafted night shots do not. Not digging the hood badge at all, btw. Tacky.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:03 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts

I really like the work Techart have done over the years. Sorry to say the only bits I like on the 991.2 GTS are the tyres, the pedala and the springs
Old 01-23-2018, 12:08 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 350 Likes on 208 Posts

WAY too much cow bell for me. Especially the four center exhaust pipes. Are you trying to imitate a Corvette??
Old 01-23-2018, 12:55 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

To each their own, the center exhaust looks great in person and sounds even better!

Originally Posted by Nino
Can you please PM me pricing on that exhaust? I've been looking everywhere for it.
PM incoming!

Quick Reply: FIRST IN THE WORLD! 1 of 1 FULL TECHART 991.2 GTS! PROJECT CRAYON - TAG MOTORSPORTS