Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

Porsche Not Manufacturing Gas Cars for 3 months and help with targa colors!

Notices
991
Sponsored by:

Porsche Not Manufacturing Gas Cars for 3 months and help with targa colors!

 
Old 01-15-2018, 05:35 AM
  #16  
yrralis1
User
 
yrralis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 102
Default

Originally Posted by rwschill View Post
I was told by a dealer in CA that 2018 911 allocations were reduced due to and emission issue in Europe. Therefore higher prices. It could also be winding down the 991.2 inventory to get ready for the launch of the 992 model.
I inquired about a Carrera T for a friend. My local dealership has two available (locked) incoming due in April . I was told that " expect new cars to be held at the port" and my guess that refers any new variant . Emissions tend to be an overall focus . The VW scandal raised the issue in the US and in the EU it seems more dependent on regional policies.
Just as the new cayenne was supposed to arrive but hasn't I think the 992 wont be here for awhile either .
yrralis1 is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 06:43 AM
  #17  
ENCT
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ENCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Newtown Square PA
Posts: 269
Default

I was told reduced 911's due to construction or reconstruction of factory to build Mission E.
Eric
ENCT is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 07:10 AM
  #18  
K-A
Super User
 
K-A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,181
Default

I’ve said this before, but one of the largest dealers in the country told me that they can count their 2018 911 allocations on nearly one hand, for the first half of the year. Said Porsche will be putting all hands on deck for the Cayenne and Panamera. Not sure if it’s accurate, but the vibe I got was that he was being truthful. Though who knows with them.
K-A is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 08:46 AM
  #19  
wareaglescott
User
 
wareaglescott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 966
Default

Not disputing what the OP was told but in the 4 months since I have ordered my car and have been waiting and spending to much time on the forum I have heard:

1. Turbo plant manufacturer fire - big delays on 911 production
2. Assembly line workers going on strike
3. European regs changing over the summer so the bulk of the cars are going to Europe before then so they can get in before the law changes.
4. Now no gas cars built for 3 months.

Whether any of these are true I have no idea. Ordered and waited for quite a few cars from different manufacturers over the years and never once has anything popped up during the process that has given me concern over when my car will arrive.
Maybe Porsche marketing just works extra hard to try and artificially drive up demand or something. Maybe all of us on the forum are just way to crazy worrying about our cars. Dont even get me started on what goes on over on the GT3 board with all the ADM talk and availability. haha
wareaglescott is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 08:51 AM
  #20  
K-A
Super User
 
K-A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,181
Default

Yikes. I have a hunch that 2018 might be the lowest 911 sales year we’ve seen (at least in U.S). At least in some time.
K-A is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 09:29 AM
  #21  
John Mclane
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 426
Default

Originally Posted by rwschill
I was told by a dealer in CA that 2018 911 allocations were reduced due to and emission issue in Europe. Therefore higher prices. It could also be winding down the 991.2 inventory to get ready for the launch of the 992 model.
This is most likely the truth. They did the same back in '12. Besides, the factories are different. The Stuttgart plant is probably going to be refurbished for the new line. That, in addition to training and organizing, should take about 3-4 months. The Leipzig plant keeps on going with the 4 doors.
I would wait, even to shop for a barely used 991.2 once the 992 comes out.
John Mclane is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 10:15 AM
  #22  
Gordon Shumway
User
 
Gordon Shumway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 462
Default

Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
Not disputing what the OP was told but in the 4 months since I have ordered my car and have been waiting and spending to much time on the forum I have heard:

1. Turbo plant manufacturer fire - big delays on 911 production
2. Assembly line workers going on strike
3. European regs changing over the summer so the bulk of the cars are going to Europe before then so they can get in before the law changes.
4. Now no gas cars built for 3 months.

Whether any of these are true I have no idea. Ordered and waited for quite a few cars from different manufacturers over the years and never once has anything popped up during the process that has given me concern over when my car will arrive.
Maybe Porsche marketing just works extra hard to try and artificially drive up demand or something. Maybe all of us on the forum are just way to crazy worrying about our cars. Dont even get me started on what goes on over on the GT3 board with all the ADM talk and availability. haha
You forgot to list the unknown parts shortage affecting only the GTS that came up in November.
Gordon Shumway is online now  
Old 01-15-2018, 10:46 AM
  #23  
wareaglescott
User
 
wareaglescott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 966
Default

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
You forgot to list the unknown parts shortage affecting only the GTS that came up in November.
Yes thanks. I knew there was more but couldn't remember everything!!
wareaglescott is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 10:53 AM
  #24  
subshooter
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
subshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Orleans, LA (NOLA)
Posts: 2,580
Default

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
You forgot to list the unknown parts shortage affecting only the GTS that came up in November.
This is the same issue as Number 1.
subshooter is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 10:55 AM
  #25  
FloridaMarco
User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 27
Default

Wow, love the blue car -- and the blue top really sets it off. I have a 991.1 in Midnight Blue with a blue top, but your body color really pops with that top. Mine just sort of "blends in" better than with a black top.
FloridaMarco is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 11:07 AM
  #26  
KM1959
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 420
Default

I saw a chalk, or crayon, targa last week at the Woodland Hills, CA dealer and it looked spectacular. Way, way nicer than the car in the configurator. Just classy and badass at the same time - which is not easy. Chalk and graphite blue are my top choices. If I could pick between the two I would have.
KM1959 is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 12:55 PM
  #27  
Hurricane
Super User
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,470
Default

Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
Not disputing what the OP was told but in the 4 months since I have ordered my car and have been waiting and spending to much time on the forum I have heard:

1. Turbo plant manufacturer fire - big delays on 911 production
2. Assembly line workers going on strike
3. European regs changing over the summer so the bulk of the cars are going to Europe before then so they can get in before the law changes.
4. Now no gas cars built for 3 months.

Whether any of these are true I have no idea. Ordered and waited for quite a few cars from different manufacturers over the years and never once has anything popped up during the process that has given me concern over when my car will arrive.
Maybe Porsche marketing just works extra hard to try and artificially drive up demand or something. Maybe all of us on the forum are just way to crazy worrying about our cars. Dont even get me started on what goes on over on the GT3 board with all the ADM talk and availability. haha
Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
You forgot to list the unknown parts shortage affecting only the GTS that came up in November.
Hurricane is online now  
Old 01-15-2018, 07:28 PM
  #28  
GTMurray
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default

thanks.... Im now actually reconsidering, not the color combo, but whether to wait for a 992 as I doubt I will buy another car for such a price in the next 5 10 years, may as well get the latest shape....
GTMurray is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 07:29 PM
  #29  
GTMurray
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by FloridaMarco View Post
Wow, love the blue car -- and the blue top really sets it off. I have a 991.1 in Midnight Blue with a blue top, but your body color really pops with that top. Mine just sort of "blends in" better than with a black top.
thanks!
GTMurray is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 01:37 AM
  #30  
yrralis1
User
 
yrralis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 102
Default

Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
Not disputing what the OP was told but in the 4 months since I have ordered my car and have been waiting and spending to much time on the forum I have heard:

1. Turbo plant manufacturer fire - big delays on 911 production
2. Assembly line workers going on strike
3. European regs changing over the summer so the bulk of the cars are going to Europe before then so they can get in before the law changes.
4. Now no gas cars built for 3 months.

Whether any of these are true I have no idea. Ordered and waited for quite a few cars from different manufacturers over the years and never once has anything popped up during the process that has given me concern over when my car will arrive.
Maybe Porsche marketing just works extra hard to try and artificially drive up demand or something. Maybe all of us on the forum are just way to crazy worrying about our cars. Dont even get me started on what goes on over on the GT3 board with all the ADM talk and availability. haha
I have a feeling that if you ordered a car and it "locked" then it's going to get here on time .
yrralis1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche Not Manufacturing Gas Cars for 3 months and help with targa colors!


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: