Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great price 2017 C2S. Advice on how to sell.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 09:48 PM
dsh
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

So I bought one of these recently. And yes, I had read all the previous posts about the car.

To boot, I turned down a shiny new 2018 GT3! Let the flogging commence.

BTW - newbie 3rd post. LOL!

Why? I wanted to convince myself to get the GT3, but it just didn't fit my target - less than a DD and more than a weekend/track car that I could take my wife to dinner in. The GT3 is an amazing car, and that engine! But my wife would be snagging her hose on the fire extinguisher as she fell into the carbon fiber buckets ...

Since the GT3 was nixed, I was thinking GTS or an S with a specific spec: RWD, PDK, sport package (Sport Chrono package, PSE, rear axle steering, sport-design mirrors, the smaller GT paddle-shift steering wheel), SPASM (-20mm), leather interior, carbon fiber package, red accent on steering wheel, red belts, carbon mats with red edging, glossy black wheels, LED dynamic headlights in black, painted logo and model.

Well, there sat the "Endurance Racing Edition," spec'd out exactly as I wanted, plus I liked the stickers. The price was very attractive, such that I can add an X51 kit if I want and still be money ahead.

I get why it didn't sell initially for the big upcharge and that some folks are put off by the graphics. But, if I didn't like the stickers, I'd still have bought it at that price and just ripped the decals off.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:45 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

I saw one of these sitting at my local dealer last year. It was gone in less than a month. That prime spot on the showroom floor has since been filled with a high-spec Miami Blue Targa 4S that just will not sell.

The stickers don't look terrible when you see them in person, but they are not for me. Is there anything else "special" about this special edition other than the wrap?

Here's a picture of the one I'm talking about on the showroom right behind mine. It was there when I took delivery. (Oh my orange sidelight markers.)

Old 01-19-2018, 09:54 PM
drive95
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by WhipE350
I literally said to myself, out loud, when I saw that, "Oh, Jesus Christ!"

No. I just can't.

Quick Reply: Great price 2017 C2S. Advice on how to sell.