STG and the smart money guys - 991.1 GTS Values

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Yup. They'd list it for $115K then with CPO. Maybe get $110K-$112K

$163K MSRP is very high. A lot higher depreciation % than say a $135K one.

What was RS?? $210K?
Im second owner on my car, bought for 110k with CPO March '17

16' RS 10k miles 216 msrp 212 on deal.

Backed out because my local dealer that got me my PTS GT4 said they would get me .2 RS at sticker.

Last edited by Buteo; 01-13-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:05 PM
socalpcarfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fansonly
STG - you always have the scoop. Why do you think the GTS market will soften?

The impact seemed minor - low speed tboned by someone making a left turn and not looking. It was a love tap that caused 23K in damage. The soft aluminum crumpled underneath.

MSRP was around 138K if recall. It has 17500 miles on it right now.
lol tapped that lovingly lol
Old 01-13-2018, 08:47 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
Just for you all to know- I contemplated a 991 RS purchase and was going to trade my GTS towards it.

2015 GTS coupe MSRP 163k pdk in GT silver w/ ducktail 17k miles.

Trade offer of 100k.
About 6 months ago just messing around with my dealer asked what a trade in would be on my '15 GTS (about $142K msrp) with 10k miles, basically perfect. Came back with like $103~$104,.....which in all honesty was quite fair IMO. They'd probably put it on the lot CPO for $115 or something around that.

Just goes to show that equipment doesn't mean a whole lot here (although we'd like to think it). PCCBs, ducktails, etc don't mean a whole lot in the second hand market. Yeah, there are some that are willing to pay extra for them, but most dealers just add or remove a fraction of the retail price for these options or lack thereof.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:56 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Just goes to show that equipment doesn't mean a whole lot here (although we'd like to think it). PCCBs, ducktails, etc don't mean a whole lot in the second hand market. Yeah, there are some that are willing to pay extra for them, but most dealers just add or remove a fraction of the retail price for these options or lack thereof.
Agreed, which is why I went to STG's Hot for sale thread when I was looking to buy a GTS. Saved me 50k or so.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:09 AM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Funny how dealers will say options mean little when you trade in your car, but when you want to buy a newer used car the dealer to point to the options to justify their high asking price...

OP: Have you considered just trading in the damaged goods and buying new? Getting a new Porsche exactly the way you want it is worth something, and may be a reasonable alternative if you are going for MT, have specific color requirements and don't want a lot of bling options. A relative stripper 991.2 T would have the GTS options built into the MRSP, is a relative bargain even at MRSP and will probably retain its value reasonably well. Of course you'd have to be able to put up with the serious hit in the sound department (NA to turbo...)
Old 01-14-2018, 09:04 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

For point of reference I traded a 15 GTS (136k MSRP) with 12k miles and no accident in June to a small dealership in Knoxville. First offer was 95, got them up to 100k. They listed it for 114,900. It sat for several weeks then disappeared. Don';t know what it sold for.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Dump it

And be thankful you leased instead of.purchasing. I do not think I'm alone when I say I would never own any vehicle that suffered 23k in damage (at any price). Unless you are going to track, the MT makes a 911 suck a great experience why settle ?

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
$23K damage is a love tap?
Old 01-14-2018, 03:00 PM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueNorther
Funny how dealers will say options mean little when you trade in your car, but when you want to buy a newer used car the dealer to point to the options to justify their high asking price...

OP: Have you considered just trading in the damaged goods and buying new? Getting a new Porsche exactly the way you want it is worth something, and may be a reasonable alternative if you are going for MT, have specific color requirements and don't want a lot of bling options. A relative stripper 991.2 T would have the GTS options built into the MRSP, is a relative bargain even at MRSP and will probably retain its value reasonably well. Of course you'd have to be able to put up with the serious hit in the sound department (NA to turbo...)
Can't do it.. love the NA engine way too much. Buuuttt.. Am I misunderstanding the T? I thought it was a C2S engine spec... is it tuned like a GTS?
Old 01-14-2018, 03:01 PM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
For point of reference I traded a 15 GTS (136k MSRP) with 12k miles and no accident in June to a small dealership in Knoxville. First offer was 95, got them up to 100k. They listed it for 114,900. It sat for several weeks then disappeared. Don';t know what it sold for.
Did they CPO it? I would assume so..
Old 01-14-2018, 03:27 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

I predict slow but steady depreciation over the next 5-10 years. After that the curve may reverse slightly given the novelty of the last NA engine in a non-GT 911. Time is our friend here. But I do not think we'll ever see "investment" level appreciation or returns. Enjoy what you've got, drive defensively, and focus on the smiles per hour not financial gains or returns...
Old 01-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
I predict slow but steady depreciation over the next 5-10 years. After that the curve may reverse slightly given the novelty of the last NA engine in a non-GT 911. Time is our friend here. But I do not think we'll ever see "investment" level appreciation or returns. Enjoy what you've got, drive defensively, and focus on the smiles per hour not financial gains or returns...
Dilly Dilly!!!
Old 01-14-2018, 03:39 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by fansonly
Can't do it.. love the NA engine way too much. Buuuttt.. Am I misunderstanding the T? I thought it was a C2S engine spec... is it tuned like a GTS?
The T has the power plant from the base Carrera.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
Dilly Dilly!!!
I hope to see your black beauty in person one of these days.
Bring sunglasses to view mine!
Old 01-14-2018, 04:38 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
Agreed, which is why I went to STG's Hot for sale thread when I was looking to buy a GTS. Saved me 50k or so.

How many millions of $$$'s in depreciation has HFS saved buyers??
Old 01-14-2018, 11:10 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 277 Posts

About 6 months ago just messing around with my dealer asked what a trade in would be on my '15 GTS (about $142K msrp) with 10k miles, basically perfect. Came back with like $103~$104,.....which in all honesty was quite fair IMO. They'd probably put it on the lot CPO for $115 or something around that.

It's the reason Porsche and BMW Fin Services (I'm sure everyone now) invented the idea of MRM - maximum residualized value. It's OK for them to sell you all these overpriced options if you absolutely insist on paying, but don't expect the finance company to buy into the madness on a lease!

Quick Reply: STG and the smart money guys - 991.1 GTS Values