Sponsored by:

Interior-chalk/graphite blue

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 11:53 AM
job511
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Interior-chalk/graphite blue

Need opinion on the interior color choice........

Realise its a personal choice but please chime in!

Exterior - Graphite blue.....

Interior - Alcantara with red stitching or Chalk/graphite blue?

Debating between these 2.....Alcantara looks beautiful but discourage by online post about future wear. Don't see light interior color at all on this forum, only on Nick Murray's 991.

Is it not popular? does it get dirty quickly?

thanks fellows...
Old 01-13-2018, 12:15 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by job511

Debating between these 2.....Alcantara looks beautiful but discourage by online post about future wear. Don't see light interior color at all on this forum, only on Nick Murray's 991.

thanks fellows...
I have a Night Blue exterior and the chalk and blue interior in my C4S. It is very nice. More like a light grey. Goes very well with either the Graphite blue or Night blue exterior. I have only had my car since August so can't attest to long term wear. Probably have to keep it clean which is a good thing anyway regardless of the color. I don't like Alcantara or the sport tex.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:29 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

I ordered the chalk/graphite blue interior but added deviated leather seat center sections in Blue to break up the chalk on the seats some. Looks great on the configurator. Car will be here in about 6 weeks and I will post pictures then.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Since you already know it's a personal choice, I 'll throw my 2 cents in.

I just ordered a 718 Cayman GTS with the Alcantara interior. Alcantara is a great material, notwithstanding many of the the misinformed comments from Nick Murray's video on the subject. It is an very expensive material and Nick doesn't seem to know the difference real Alcantara, Ultra Suede or the other hundred variations of faux suede. I did a lot of research on the various materials before I redoing the interior of my boat with Alcantara cushions. It looks great , feels great and wears well. Real Alcantara is actually hard to find in US. You will pay through the nose for it.

I have a couple pieces of living room furniture that, IIRC, are Ultra Suede. Not as expensive as Alcantara but much easier to find. Ultra-Suede isn't rated as high as Alcantara in terms of wear resistance. You can try to look online for all the stats, stain resistance rub rates... and see for yourself. Cheap imitation suede is about 10% the cost of actual Alcantara. In the end, you get what you pay for.

So after all that I've said, I did get a leather steering wheel. Alcantara can look a bit rough from hand oils but I heard it cleans up well. I don't know how well it cleans up from first hand experience because I have never had any Alcantara that got that bad looking. I just like to avoid maintenace.

I have seen the chalk interior in person. Found it a bit interesting but I think I would get sick of it after a while. ( And that coming from a guy who has owned multiple yellow cars without getting sick of them

In general I prefer my (smaller) sports cars a little flashy. That is the fun of them. I could live with Graphite Blue/Chalk or Racing Yellow/Black Alcantara but I have very different emotional responses to them. For a sports car I find the chalk a bit fuddy duddy. Somebody else may think it is sophisticated.

So as you said....personal choice.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:42 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by job511

thanks fellows...
Check out this gallery from C&D. Features lots of photos of a Graphite Blue car with chalk and blue interior. You have to see the interior in person however before you can get a good idea on how it looks. The colors on the configurator don't always reflect the real color. These photos below are much better.
https://www.caranddriver.com/photo-g...iew-gallery#T2
Old 01-13-2018, 12:44 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

One of the questions to ask before going with a light colored seat is whether you and/or your riders wear blue jeans. Blue jeans, especially non-faded ones, are notorious for transferring their dye to leather seats and bolsters where you slide across. I have to spend extra effort occasionally cleaning blue buildup off the beige seats in our Lexus, and even though I can clean off most of it there is still some hints of blue left all of the time.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:50 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
I ordered the chalk/graphite blue interior but added deviated leather seat center sections in Blue to break up the chalk on the seats some.

+1 I really like how the deviated centers break up the chalk interior. YMMV

Quick Reply: Interior-chalk/graphite blue