Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suncoast Porsche Notice on storage with battery maintainer today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 05:06 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts
Default Suncoast Porsche Notice on storage with battery maintainer today...

Saw this in my Suncoast Porsche Parts email this AM.
Not sure how many have fought this problem, but Suncoast says this is the answer.
"Battery Maintainer Update!Notice for those using a maintainer on a 2013-2018 Boxster, Cayman, or 911 Carrera!
Porsche Update: Long term storage can put these cars in "Sleep Mode", which will disable the interior 12 volt sockets and shut off the battery maintainer. To prevent this, lock the door after setting up the battery maintainer. Or directly connect the maintainer to the recommended charging points using the optional alligator clips."
Old 01-15-2018, 10:08 AM
MidEngineRules
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
Saw this in my Suncoast Porsche Parts email this AM.
Not sure how many have fought this problem, but Suncoast says this is the answer.
"Battery Maintainer Update!Notice for those using a maintainer on a 2013-2018 Boxster, Cayman, or 911 Carrera!
Porsche Update: Long term storage can put these cars in "Sleep Mode", which will disable the interior 12 volt sockets and shut off the battery maintainer. To prevent this, lock the door after setting up the battery maintainer. Or directly connect the maintainer to the recommended charging points using the optional alligator clips."
Luckily I always lock the car after setting up the battery maintainer.

Quick Reply: Suncoast Porsche Notice on storage with battery maintainer today...